« Reply #30 on: 01 Apr 2011, 11:49 »

No.  That song makes me wince, not cry.  

Well, I like it.

Vieve

Re: TonyG
« Reply #31 on: 01 Apr 2011, 11:57 »

No.  That song makes me wince, not cry.  

Well, I like it.

I like Aerosmith in general.  Just not that song.  Maybe it's because of the movie. :P

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #32 on: 01 Apr 2011, 13:23 »

Beyond saying that I don't mind TonyG's stuff I still don't really get what the deal is with a large vocal group hating him in EvE, and I don't think I ever will.  But this whole thing keeps reminding me of the Jar-Jar effect.  Then again, I never hated Jar-Jar either.  I think that in the end, people don't like things changing, and I would bet that if anyone else had written TEA with the same basic plotline of all the empires must go to war, whoever it was would have been hated just as much.  But that is my opinion.

PS. Having watched that movie far too many times in high school chem and phsyics, I can't really feel emotional about it anymore, and can only mock it, and sing along off-key when that song comes on.  It is only surpassed by whatever that song was that was from Titanic.  But this is getting to be another topic, sorry.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #33 on: 01 Apr 2011, 13:29 »

Um -- I'm tempted to ask why they showed that movie in HS science classes, but yeah, another topic.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #34 on: 01 Apr 2011, 15:07 »

But this whole thing keeps reminding me of the Jar-Jar effect.  Then again, I never hated Jar-Jar either.  

Jar-Jar....*clinches fists*......Jar-Jar    :bash:     Lucas needs to remove comic relief from his mind. In fact, he needs to never direct or produce another SW flick again. Hand the gauntlet to someone else that can handle the New Jedi era saga and put out some seriously dark stuff. No more 4 year kid fluff. If your going to make movies about the end of a era and dark times coming, Jar-Jar has no place in that story.

« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2011, 15:11 by Invelious »

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #35 on: 01 Apr 2011, 16:57 »

And I take full responsibility for starting Invelious into a rage.  But I think that proves my point.

BTW Casiella, for why please see here.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #36 on: 01 Apr 2011, 18:08 »

Personnally I do not hate TonyG either. I just hope they will re complexify a little the politics and who holds the power in each Empire. And detail stuff, detail, detail, detail. Re affirm the shades of grey that have always made New Eden wonderful.

Anyway for Star Wars, I think this is a bad analogy. The prelogy is a total disaster in many points, and maybe some will agree while some others won't, but there is still a good part of movie critics and professionnals pointing that out. For those who don't know it, this is hilarious, and still very true and well analyzed : http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

Crucifire

« Reply #37 on: 01 Apr 2011, 18:33 »

In fact, he needs to never direct or produce another SW flick again. Hand the gauntlet to someone else that can handle the New Jedi era saga and put out some seriously dark stuff.
My mind yelled "IRVIN KERSHNER!" but then I remembered he passed away late last year and was quite elderly anyway. RIP Irvin Kershner, you did the best one.

Anyway, I don't have any opinion on TonyG because I haven't read TEA and am unaware of which chronicles he's written that I've actually read, but now I want to go buy it so I can formulate some sort of point to bitch about to validate my off topic post.

Err... proceed with the topic.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #38 on: 01 Apr 2011, 18:45 »

I'm not sure he's written any of the chronicles, but he did write one or two of the novellas ("Theodicy").

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Bastet's Organization of Mining
« Reply #39 on: 01 Apr 2011, 19:12 »

I actually really Enjoyed both Books, and I am looking forward to the Next one as well.  Yes some parts don't Jive with the exisitng PF from before hand, but really, with the way that Heth and the Unstable Clone guy (his name escapes me right now) its possible.  Underhanded but possible.  And considering how the Mega corps have acted in the past it's not excatly off the road map either.

I do feel bad for Outro (Probably misspelt) though - I liked him, he was cool. 

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #40 on: 02 Apr 2011, 02:43 »

And I take full responsibility for starting Invelious into a rage.  But I think that proves my point.

Not hardly. George Lucas managed to lay the blight that is his prequels on the Star Wars series without violating his own canon much at all.

Plotting? Shallow. Acting? Horrible. Comic relief? Abysmal. Metaphor for the American political climate at the time? Subtle as an anvil between the ears. "Only a Sith would speak in absolutes" is, by the way, Obi Wan speaking in absolutes.

Canon? Pretty freaking intact, though it does leave some question open about why later stormtroopers are apparently not clones.

No, I have no problem to speak of with TonyG in the ways I have a problem with Lucas (I might if I had less of a problem with him for other reasons, of course). Lucas may have put the Jar (-Jar) in "jarring," but he did NOT do the SW universe equivalent of getting confused about which was the old warhorse, the Scorpion or the Raven, thereby screwing up what appears to otherwise make perfect sense as the Scorpion's backstory.
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2011, 02:45 by Aria Jenneth »

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #41 on: 02 Apr 2011, 05:13 »

No, I have no problem to speak of with TonyG in the ways I have a problem with Lucas (I might if I had less of a problem with him for other reasons, of course). Lucas may have put the Jar (-Jar) in "jarring," but he did NOT do the SW universe equivalent of getting confused about which was the old warhorse, the Scorpion or the Raven, thereby screwing up what appears to otherwise make perfect sense as the Scorpion's backstory.

If nothing else that annoys me more than anything.

The Scorpion SHOULD be the old warhorse, the Dominix is the old horse, so are the Armageddon and the Typhoon if memory serves me correctly.

I don't.... classify myself as a TonyG fan, I disliked the mumbo-jumbo psychic thing Jamyl has going on and as much as I dislike Heth, he is a character with dynamic and interesting aspects - but he was implemented wrong but he was the creater of Otro Garushi, who was by far my favourite person in EVE... untill they keeeled him.

I just hope that this PF revamp comes through and works.

Oh, and as a minor PF Sidenote - If King Khanid is changed to a Khanid, I will scream and quite possibly rage-quit.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #42 on: 02 Apr 2011, 06:57 »

That's already happening, I think.

Everything Khanid (Bloodline) and Khanid (Kingdom) seems to be getting the retcon merge.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: 02 Apr 2011, 10:39 »

The Scorpion SHOULD be the old warhorse, the Dominix is the old horse, so are the Armageddon and the Typhoon if memory serves me correctly.

That would make for a certain pleasant symmetry, but makes comparatively little sense from a strategic standpoint. The Geddon, Typhoon, and Domi can all serve pretty well as direct combat ships. The Scorpion's primary role is ECM (unless you're talking about the new Navy variant), which makes it very useful but likely not the world's greatest mainstay of the fleet, particularly when the "enemy" loves drones so much.

The Raven, at least, is much with the kaboom.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #44 on: 03 Apr 2011, 02:58 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6