Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Caldari Boy Bands  (Read 3002 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Caldari Boy Bands
« Reply #15 on: 15 Aug 2013, 04:08 »

Doesn't surprise me, considering that only a fraction of Minmatar actually live in the Republic.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #16 on: 15 Aug 2013, 06:30 »

The trailer for Magic Mike always struck me as an advertisement for a Civire strip club.

"You don't want to know what I have to do for twenty NOH scrip."
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2013, 06:32 by Vieve »

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #17 on: 15 Aug 2013, 16:03 »

The trailer for Magic Mike always struck me as an advertisement for a Civire strip club.

"You don't want to know what I have to do for twenty NOH scrip."
I can't unthink that now.

I am going to go eat a pint of haagen dazs and try to forget.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #18 on: 15 Aug 2013, 18:01 »

Peanut butter and chocolate HD pint is best pint.

Also, you're welcome.

Veyako Koyama

• Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 15 Aug 2013, 19:31 »

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Caldari_State

Entertainer

The professional gladiators, gamers, and gamblers of the State make up the entertainment caste of the Caldari[9]. This group is widely considered the most diverse in the State, being made up of citizens from a wide array of backgrounds, particularly ordinary Caldari who broke into the professional scene through luck or skill. At the bottom, competitors engage in daily battles to ascend up the ranks, a labor grind in itself. At the top, prestiged warriors are honored highly by the Caldari masses, and are among the most wealthy State citizens. The dynamics of this particular brand of entertainment means it is very easy to plummet to become a nobody, even from an esteemed position. The non-meritocratic nature regarding games of chance is mostly overlooked by the Caldari.

A slight majority of the members of this caste are from the NOH corporation, though they are nonetheless found in all corporations. Entertainers in the commercial arts (such as music and visual media) are few and far between, as this is not considered an aspect of typical Caldari entertainment. This niche is filled in by the Gallente instead.  There is a niche in Caldari entertainment for the classical arts, consumed by the chief executive and executive castes. Citizens who have already well-established themselves in one of the more standard fields can earn respect by the production of classical artwork in the ascetic and minimalist Caldari style. Wealthy traditionalists pay a large cash sum to these individuals. It is considered bad form for a citizen to earn a living purely from making art, as their art must be representative of everyday Caldari living, and not the product of a detached citizen who does not commit to the same hard work as everyone else.

Judging from this, it would imply that a Caldari Boy Band would be a rare thing.  I'll also steal some lines from the movie "Emperor"; not to associate the State with Japan, but to better explain the concept he uses to view the State.

There are two Japanese
words you should know.

"Tatemae," the way things appear,

"honne," the way they really are.

When you look at Japan,

you see the most modern and
Westernized of Asian countries,

but that is a tatemae, the surface.

And the honne?

It is the true heartbeat of my country,

which is more than 2,000 years old.

It has nothing to do with the West.

Japan runs on the
ancient warrior code

of loyalty and obedience.

We're talking about a nation that is known for its economy.  A government run by corporations.  A system of citizenship that requires employment to even be a blip on someone's RADAR.  A people who, yes I agree, play hard because they work hard.  But at the same time, there is the underlying heartbeat of the State.  That which prides hard work, honor, service, and loyalty.  I wont quote the soldier portion of the demographics, but it clearly mentions  (beyond having the largest percentage ratio of soldiers/citizens) that ALL citizens must accomplish compulsory basic training during adolescence and can be called upon during national crisis to take up arms.  The Caldari State is known to have a highly militarized nature.  The commonality enforced on all citizens (regardless of corporation) is military training/service - not corporate earnings. 

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Trimming_the_Fat

This mission contains the following:

Because of the importance placed on "saving face" in Caldari culture, mid- and high-level executives often remain employed despite failures in leadership or performance, simply because firing them publicly would damage the corporation's reputation. In extreme cases, it is not altogether unknown for superiors within the corporation to arrange "accidents" for executives who fail to meet objectives and threaten their employer's bottom line. This eliminates the drain on corporate resources and allows them to save face.

So...in the course of typing this, I feel I've gone in a few tangents, but...all in all...I do not disagree with anything anyone has said.  My original point, bolstered by the input given by Gesakaarin - is that a band could exist, but it'll likely have a message that is widely accepted across the entire State (maximum profit) and do nothing to cast a negative light on anything that could potentially damage the band's corporate master's image.

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #20 on: 17 Aug 2013, 01:32 »

I recently had a thought:

With neural interface technology, wouldn't the act of physically playing an instrument become obsolete to song writers? If someone can think up the rift to a song and a drum beat, is there some way he can transfer it to a device right from his coconut? I only ask because I just got an idea for a nice bit of (admittedly hilariously over the top) fiction were a Mind Clash player can make unique hallucinations by pairing it to an original song, so people would crowd to see her for the dual thrill of seeing the match and hearing her latest tune.

Yes, I am perfectly aware how ridiculously weeaboo that sounds, but would it be possible? I mean, imagine how successful something like that would be!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 17 Aug 2013, 04:08 »

I don't see why not. Sounds rather cool.

Desiderya

« Reply #22 on: 18 Aug 2013, 05:34 »

Internal motivational piece, produced by the [DUTY] civire musical corps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLX4NYrW1bI

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #23 on: 05 Sep 2013, 20:14 »

If you want scary boyband songs that couls apply to Capsuleers:

http://youtu.be/PN1EFs9XQoc

I think this is more Gallentean though..
As long as we are talking about scary songs that apply to capsuleers, this song could have just as easily been written about the Blood Raiders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1z8xCBRxkg

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 06 Sep 2013, 22:46 »

If it doesn't necessarily need to be a boy band, there is a ton.. literal tons of industrial music that fits the genre perfectly in both lyrics and ability to use as a soundtrack for enemy explosive decompression.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 07 Sep 2013, 01:22 »

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #26 on: 07 Sep 2013, 14:44 »

Pages: 1 [2]