Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When level 4s first came out, they used the Belt NPCs and not the lesser Complex NPCs?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 50 mil ISK reward: Make me an epic flag.  (Read 3490 times)

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
Re: 50 mil ISK reward: Make me an epic flag.
« Reply #15 on: 25 Aug 2010, 11:52 »

Anyway, stay awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy from the UN. Seriously. Most RP'ers are intelligent enough to know what's going on in the world, so everyone knows the UN is essentially pointless, outdated and completely ineffective.

Like the IGS then?

No, Nikita. The IGS is what the roleplaying community makes of it as a whole. When people decide using it for the purpose it is meant for, then it will be used for that purpose. If you fall into the trap like everyone else in turning every thread into the game of 'hurl an insult as the person above you', then of course... it becomes worthless.

A person may roll their eyes or complain, but that is the truth of it. And it starts with the few that understand that.

I respect Ben's project in what he is trying to achieve, and if executed properly, has much potential to be an important role in politics. If there is one thing we are to learn from this event, is that even information, media, and peacekeeping shouldn't be completely centralized and controlled especially by a suspicious race. If we are doing everything else down to controlling rescources on planets, why are still trusting the NPCs on these aspects of life? ;)

We should let the people make organizations to run these. I also think Arcadia News Network should be promoted more and be expanded if it can.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2010, 13:46 »

I was actually offered 500mil with which to pay freelancers and such for articles. However, my backer never came through, which was rather unfortunate.

I've been giving some thought to either shutting it down or making a real push for it, as it's just dead weight at the moment. Problem is, I don't have the time to write stuff myself, and it's damn near impossible to find good people who'll write for free. >.>

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #17 on: 31 Aug 2010, 20:23 »

Here's a mock up, Ben... suggestions please.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #18 on: 31 Aug 2010, 20:53 »

That is very nice. But I'm am receiving IC designs for our flag and logo from April Knox and her corp designers. Was going to edit the thread.

However, I paid Syn Callibri for her submission, and I'll pay you as well. I can find a way to use them, somehow.

Thread is done, thanks for the submissions and congrats.

Syn Callibri

« Reply #19 on: 31 Aug 2010, 20:53 »

Here's a mock up, Ben... suggestions please.

Excellent work! <applauds>

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #20 on: 31 Aug 2010, 20:57 »

My submission for a flag of the NEA, with a six-pointed start representing the five empires as well as the equally vast entities that go unrepresented in the CONCORD Assembly all brought together from across the cluster.

Edit: Whaa---!! four minutes late to a party that was already over...  Story of my life!

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2010, 22:27 »

Reminds me of a 70s disco club logo.

And I love disco, so that's a good thing. But yeah, unfortunately I have what I needed. I can use that, perhaps, for another possible group though, that's within the Assembly. Never know.

Thanks Ken.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots

April Knox

• Agent Provocateur
  • Clonejack
    • COLD-Wing Boards
« Reply #23 on: 05 Sep 2010, 08:32 »

As discussed and arranged with the client. CROW is making public it’s submission for the NEA Assembly logo and flag. The BW versions of the aforementioned Corporate Image Program follow. All vector and bitmap based material has been already sent to the client.

« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2010, 08:48 by April Knox »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #24 on: 05 Sep 2010, 08:40 »

I think I preferred Bureeiku's tbh.

No offense I hope April.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

April Knox

• Agent Provocateur
  • Clonejack
    • COLD-Wing Boards
« Reply #25 on: 05 Sep 2010, 08:50 »

Not at all Nikita! Thou bear in mind I just posted the BW versions only. We are still exporting the color ones and banging our heads against Pantone's colormatch.

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #26 on: 08 Sep 2010, 10:04 »

Ooo.  I really like the use of perspective in the graphics, April.   8)
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Nikita, although it really only matters what best serves Ben's purposes.
My only suggestion would be to try a more 'futuristic' font, if you feel so inclined.  (e.g. http://www.1001freefonts.com/sci-fi-fonts.php)

This stuff is fun.

April Knox

• Agent Provocateur
  • Clonejack
    • COLD-Wing Boards
« Reply #27 on: 10 Sep 2010, 18:09 »

Personally I try to avoid the freeware fonts because most of the times they are a single dose / disposable type. Meaning if someone used it and makes top-of-mind, if you come up in 2nd place you’ve lost the race beforehand. That’s something that will never happen if you stick to the “true” (sic) types.
Pages: 1 [2]