Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE capsuleers do not only supply their comrades with spiced wine, but also with dark, maltey ale and fine brandy from their planetside holdings?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CCP - Let Us Free the Slaves!  (Read 5742 times)

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
CCP - Let Us Free the Slaves!
« on: 07 Jul 2010, 19:24 »

I just found out this thread is still going and not locked - if you haven't piped up on the thread, even if it's just a /signed; please do.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1244002

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
Re: CCP - Let Us Free the Slaves!
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2010, 13:46 »

.... And let us enslave others :)

It would be fun to have ships require X number of crew, and we pilots could fill them with whatever 'types' of people we wanted: {empire} citizen, slave, freed slave, etc.  A percentage would drop in wrecks and we could take them back to a station or something and have them 'returned home', freed, enslaved, or perhaps even executed with some minor standings changes and/or public record of what the pilot has done with the people.

/ramblings.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2010, 13:55 »

Overall, I like the idea a lot and I think it's weird its not in the game.

My sole concern is how much it will screw with the Sansha method of enslavement because of how total it is.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2010, 14:00 »

My sole concern is how much it will screw with the Sansha method of enslavement because of how total it is.

What do you mean by that?

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jul 2010, 14:03 »

I love that idea Mitara.  V. interesting.

I think it'd be pretty neat if the crew members could somehow give a boost to your ship.

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 08 Jul 2010, 14:08 »

What do you mean by that?

The fundamental of the True Slave technology is the complete and total enslavement of the person, body and mind. It has since evolved to become much more, but that basis is still there. It achieves this function in its invasive properties to the brain, as well as the presumed mental indoctrination/adjustment being apart of the Sansha network entails.

To be able to simply "right click -> liberate" a Sansha slave throws the entire process out the window. Sansha slaves are notorious for being unsaveable, or requiring such a vast amount of resources to 'bring them back' that it's just not economical on a planetary scale. You have to contend with not only the extreme physical modifications of the individual, but the mental adjustment they underwent being apart of something so 'transhuman' in nature.

I actually doubt if its possible for a deimplanted Sansha to ever adjust to a normal life. I will have to check the Burning Life, but I'm fairly certain the Sansha operative in there remarks on this exact subject. Will edit with it in a bit.

Edit; here it is. "No, it's...it's not even hard to get the old ones back. I don't know if it's proof of humanity's darker nature or what, but we agents always come back to Nation eventually."
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2010, 14:17 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 08 Jul 2010, 20:35 »

Don't forget to post in the thread though?

Yeah, Sansha slaves mess with things.

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 08 Jul 2010, 22:31 »

Don't forget to post in the thread though?

Yeah, Sansha slaves mess with things.

I did my part in the post there, I think.

I'm probably being stingy about the whole True Slave distinction, but it is something important I think that should be addressed with the entire idea.
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 09 Jul 2010, 01:44 »

Ghost - As I currently understand the slaves that are in the game are Amarrian style standard human slaves, who to liberate via the "R-click" or whatever idea might be fine.

As for "Sansha Slaves" you could create a new item class that requires a PI style thing where you import them onto a "reformation facility" and run through a cycle (say a couple of hundred at a time) and after a set time period you get freed slaves?

Could even do that style of thing for creating slaves/freeing slaves - my 0.2 ISK worth

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
  • May have skimmed the Book of Emptiness
« Reply #9 on: 09 Jul 2010, 03:46 »

If there's an option to convert people (living or dead) into high-grade biomass we might finally see the capsuleers get in on the cloning business and truly cut that umbilical.

Harvesting implants from capsuleer corpses, special crew-members, and certain True-Slaves could be introduced along with this.

Added options could be to install a batch of people into a facility and have them indoctrinated to a faction, enslaved, freed from slavery and retrained, press-ganged into crew, transferred to the authorities, etc

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #10 on: 09 Jul 2010, 06:07 »

posted in thread.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 09 Jul 2010, 08:17 »

If there's an option to convert people (living or dead) into high-grade biomass we might finally see the capsuleers get in on the cloning business and truly cut that umbilical.

Wow - now that's interesting.  Make us get our own biomass for our clones or get a real game over...

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #12 on: 09 Jul 2010, 08:48 »

Or maybe you just get the default clone quality (900k SP) unless you provide higher-grade biomass.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 10 Jul 2010, 01:48 »

Or maybe you just get the default clone quality (900k SP) unless you provide higher-grade biomass.

...with the option to "buy higher grade biomass" or "supply your own" so those stupidly high SP players could potentially have a way to get nice clones and not fork out 50m per clone :P

Nice idea.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #14 on: 10 Jul 2010, 01:54 »

...with the option to "buy higher grade biomass" or "supply your own" so those stupidly high SP players could potentially have a way to get nice clones and not fork out 50m per clone :P

Nice idea.

True story. A few poddings and I'll be in the poor house.  :cry:
Pages: [1] 2