Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Author Topic: Moderation of the Goats  (Read 1361 times)

Evi Polevhia

Moderation of the Goats
« on: 28 Jun 2013, 09:39 »

Is parody officially considered trolling then?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Moderation of the Goats
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2013, 09:54 »

Parody is a mockery of existing content. That does not mean that it is not trolling. It's already been established that the original thread here is straying rather close to being flamebait as it is. Furthermore, while you may not be mocking the targets of the "heist", you are mocking the OP of the heist thread, which is equally unacceptable.

Bluntly: You knew what you were posting when you posted it on the IGS. You have already posted mocking posts on this forum that were against the spirit and letter of the rules and been moderated for it; the "inside joke" nature of those posts did not excuse them then, and it will not excuse posts now.

I chose to err on the side of caution and shitcan a thread that reeked of fuel. Silver or Havo can reverse the decision if they want, but until then? Deal with it.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Evi Polevhia

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2013, 13:13 »

I would like to state just for the record I am not looking for the decision to be reversed. It is not worth the trouble involved.

Also it is not my intent to post things that are against the rules and have them get moderated. I do not use these forums much and so I don't really know what the moderation team considers too far for jokes and parody. I will keep this instance in mind for future postings.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2013, 06:10 »

The Mods Who Stare at Posts
-OOChé

Evi Polevhia

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2013, 07:41 »

Where is the damn like button on these boards.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2013, 08:13 »

Get your sanshabees out of my teeth Evi.

And yeah, +1 to +1ing

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.