Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In YC110 Mixed Metaphor corporation declared war to stop distribution of the NHB Ultra Happy Chip™? It didn't work out.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Presenting Notes  (Read 5101 times)

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
Re: Presenting Notes
« Reply #15 on: 16 Mar 2011, 19:03 »

I am unable to download the File from my Place of work - But I will Download it at home and Kick it somewhere that I can access from work.
It's just a massive text document. I warn you, there's a lot of editing to make it into a cohesive book. I'm working on my interpretation of it right now. x3
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Bastet's Organization of Mining
« Reply #16 on: 16 Mar 2011, 19:16 »

Quote from: DosTuMai
It's just a massive text document. I warn you, there's a lot of editing to make it into a cohesive book. I'm working on my interpretation of it right now. x3

I have a Strange Habit of gleaning the peices of Puzzles from large masses of Raw data.

Quote from: Kaito Haakkainen
Thanks for your interest.
Feel free to host the file on your site though I cannot stress enough how unfinished it is.

I can set you with a sub Domain and FTP access to it if you want.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #17 on: 16 Mar 2011, 19:29 »

Epic st00f.

I have a Strange Habit of gleaning the peices of Puzzles from large masses of Raw data.

Quote from: Kaito Haakkainen
Other st00f.

Well, I've so far trawled through 5 pages translating it into something more legible.
Quote from: excerpt - Foreword
“我没有看过书的空虚。但是,这大概是唯一的我已经错过了。” ~ Kaito Haakkainen

这是一个未完成的文件,基本上是我的个人笔记重新排序的版本。预期的错误,可怜的措辞和语法,它们将使得不必要的重复和矛盾的成年男子一起哭。它是在短,一片混乱。

虽然我知道释放的文件,例如一个抱歉的借口是一种不良行为我也认识到这是一个任务远远超出了任何理智的人的手段。这是关于释放这里的内容,而不是对社会提出了一些完善的理论,很少人会吞下它有没有提出自己上而已。最大的'犯罪'在这个文件是源不足。 这是我希望能纠正与来自社会的帮助,因为我已经到了一个有点脱节的地步,我不再知道什么是共同的知识,什么不是。我只想说如果我带到每一个发言的时间源将被推迟释放相当多的。如果我有时间去考虑这一切都是一个像样的标准及其可能他们会不得不跟我一起埋葬。
From there, I'll work it back to English. Yes, I do it a crazy way.

[edit]Corrected my own grammar error.
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2011, 19:31 by DosTuMai »
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
  • May have skimmed the Book of Emptiness
« Reply #18 on: 16 Mar 2011, 19:50 »

Well, I've so far trawled through 5 pages translating it into something more legible.

Regurgitated alphabetti spaghetti?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #19 on: 16 Mar 2011, 20:06 »

Read the whole thing through, skimming in a few parts. Probably too much for one sitting, so I'll have to go back and look through it again in smaller chunks at some point. :P

While reading through, the entries regarding Sansha and Kyonoke jumped out at me - while Balenne may have claimed nothing was taken, it was discovered through negotiations behind closed doors that Kuvakei had managed to acquire a sample of the virus (or prion, or whatever-the-hell it is).

After the negotiations failed, Verone revealed the information to the community at large on the IGS here.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #20 on: 23 Mar 2011, 05:22 »

Added to document, thank you Morwen.

Reformatted into word and then into .pdf.
Minor edits.
Work continues.
Latest document linked in OP.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 23 Mar 2011, 17:40 »

Holy ass. Lots of info to digest. Very interesting though.

What if Kyonoke is just the end stage of Vitoc? It is constantly mutating, and eventually it'll get out of check, and get really good at killing folks.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #22 on: 23 Mar 2011, 18:58 »

The end stage of vitoc is sentient furriers.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #23 on: 24 Mar 2011, 05:10 »

Holy ass. Lots of info to digest. Very interesting though.

What if Kyonoke is just the end stage of Vitoc? It is constantly mutating, and eventually it'll get out of check, and get really good at killing folks.

Nice idea, will add it once sourcing is complete.

Please note that I'm not personally attached to any of the ideas here. Disproving ideas is as, if not more, important as adding new ones so if there is evidence that contradicts anything here let me know.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 25 Mar 2011, 01:54 »

As a note, I understand that at least for simple URLs, the quotation marks are optional. The :, however, is not: Like this.

Now that I've done splitting hairs, nice work this far.

And oh, wasn't the old CONCORD HQ actually symmetric? As in, different arms pointing out as if lines from the centroid to the points of a tetrahedron? Because in space, the direction should not matter. (Or wait, that'd be only four arms total - I might be remembering wrong. Five arms would be a pyramid, and that's not completely symmetric.)

Edit: One more thing:
The Oruze sites may represent some form of weapon against the incoming threat. "Oruzje" is Serbian for weapon or weapon system, while "Oruzje Osobito Jak" translates to "Weapon Particularly Powerful".
So Oruzje Osobito = Weapon Particular? Particle weapon? Yes, it does not make any sense, but if you try to translate things with just a dictionary (or Google Translator) and have no idea about the context where the word should be used, it is possible to have a mixup. Say, in my native, the word "juuri" may be translated as "exactly" ("juuri tuo" = "exactly that") or "root" ("puun juuri" = "root of a tree" or even "neliöjuuri" = "square root").
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2011, 02:14 by Mithfindel »

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #25 on: 25 Mar 2011, 02:39 »

As a note, I understand that at least for simple URLs, the quotation marks are optional. The :, however, is not: Like this.

Copy-paste from EVE-O. =P

Quote from: Mithfindel
And oh, wasn't the old CONCORD HQ actually symmetric?

Didn't realize this would be a point of contention. I recall one being distinctly separate on the model. There's also:

Quote from: TEA
From the massive central sphere spread the five major arms of the station, four of which were designated to the Gallente Federation, Caldari State, Minmatar Republic, and the Amarr Empire. The last arm, extending apart from the others, belonged to the Jove Empire

Having trouble finding an image that clearly shows this, if anyone has one I'd appreciate a copy or link. Thank you for bringing the need for source to my attention will go back and add it in.

Quote from: Mithfindel
The Oruze sites may represent some form of weapon against the incoming threat. "Oruzje" is Serbian for weapon or weapon system, while "Oruzje Osobito Jak" translates to "Weapon Particularly Powerful".
So Oruzje Osobito = Weapon Particular? Particle weapon? Yes, it does not make any sense, but if you try to translate things with just a dictionary (or Google Translator) and have no idea about the context where the word should be used, it is possible to have a mixup. Say, in my native, the word "juuri" may be translated as "exactly" ("juuri tuo" = "exactly that") or "root" ("puun juuri" = "root of a tree" or even "neliöjuuri" = "square root").

Taking the word of someone who speaks the language, if someone else fluent calls bull I'll edit.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #26 on: 25 Mar 2011, 08:13 »

Links need to be in the form {url=http://example.com}like this{/url}, with the square brackets instead. No quotation marks here, E-O forums are weird.

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #27 on: 25 Mar 2011, 08:26 »

For some time I have been collecting data, cross-referencing, and establishing implications on the "Sleeper Mystery". The project naturally expanded well beyond the original topic and contains information on many different, but related, mysteries within EVE. This information has been compiled into a .pdf document and I hope you find it useful and/or interesting.

It is not, as the foreword will make clear, a finished document. The original OP on Backstage was a request for assistance from the community and that request remains. Additional information, sources, and theories supported by evidence are all very much welcome. Please keep any theories short, preferably a couple of sentences for each piece of evidence. It should be noted that the contents of the document remain at my discretion and under the constraints of both time and reasonable length.

Contributors will be listed and, if requested, their exact contribution noted. Should the document expand to the point where the majority of it is not my own work or should contributors take issue alternative titles will be considered.

Version 0.22 is available here

In progress:
Third pass
Sourcing

Planned:
Correction of bookmarks
Symbols of Faith images courtesy of Kenreikko Valitonen
Relevant images from database and other official sources
Large number of additions discovered during third pass
Inclusion of contributions from:
Shoo Dae
Istvaan Shogaatsu

[EDITS: Progress]

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #28 on: 25 Mar 2011, 08:26 »

Links need to be in the form {url=http://example.com}like this{/url}, with the square brackets instead. No quotation marks here, E-O forums are weird.

:oops:

Fixed. Though odds are I shall break it again soon.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 25 Mar 2011, 11:35 »

Read the whole thing through, skimming in a few parts. Probably too much for one sitting, so I'll have to go back and look through it again in smaller chunks at some point. :P

While reading through, the entries regarding Sansha and Kyonoke jumped out at me - while Balenne may have claimed nothing was taken, it was discovered through negotiations behind closed doors that Kuvakei had managed to acquire a sample of the virus (or prion, or whatever-the-hell it is).

After the negotiations failed, Verone revealed the information to the community at large on the IGS here.

Indeed. Was a fabulously fun sidequest. But no response from anyone important about it. :(
Pages: 1 [2]