EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Character Development

[character] Mizhara Del'thul

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mizhara:
I haven't managed to nail down exactly what the mark means, but mostly what it results in. It's not a mark that leads to exile and such (Pale Eye as an example, which Miz joke about once in a while, saying she's got two) but it does lead to fear and a bit of 'shunning'.

It's indicative of the kind of personality that will do whatever it takes to achieve a goal. No matter who gets hurt, no matter what the damage is. No matter what. The goal will be achieved. It is named 'Horned Mask' for that persons ability to remove all emotions and look like 'they're slipping an emotionless mask on their face'. Horned, probably because they're considered to be 'evil' people.

However, they're not exiled or such simply because they can be valuable and even harmless depending on the situation. Prepare and aim one of these people onto an enemy, and step back far enough, and they're great weapons since they will do whatever it takes to destroy it. Just don't get between them and the enemy, because then you might be used or otherwise broken in the process.

I may write down a more 'lore' answer later, but the idea of writing a little compendium on player-made voluval marks sounds very good. Everyone making up one of their own might not be too feasible, but when the few released by CCP isn't enough, new RPers just might go and use one you've created.

Edit: *facestabs Esna*  Shush, slaver.

Havohej:

--- Quote from: Mizhara on 20 Apr 2010, 15:26 ---I haven't managed to nail down exactly what the mark means, but mostly what it results in.

--- End quote ---

Mind if I post what you sent me in the eve-mail when I asked you about it months ago?

Mizhara:
Please do, I've forgotten what I hurriedly smacked together without preparation, heheh. It'll be interesting to see how it's changed or if it's the same.

Havohej:
Voluval Article (Horned Mask)
Sent: 2010.01.09 05:27
To: Havohej, 

* Most of the article seems to be guesswork and sloppy conclusions based on poor basic research, but there is a copy of a few pages taken from what seems to be a genuine Minmatar scroll on the subject of Voluval marks. On one of the pages you find the Horned Mask *

The Horned Mask is a mark of note. While it does not warrant exile, like the Pale Eye would, it still warns of terror, blood and death. The Matari that carries a Horned Mask will be responsible for much suffering and destruction, but can be aimed towards targets worthy of such treatment. While not a warrior as such, the innate ruthlessness and pleasure gained from pain will still make this a dangerous foe.

Be aware, however, that there are weaknesses inherent in these people. They will hold little loyalty to anything but the most remarkable leaders, and they will often focus so hard on their enemy that they lose sight of their allies.

Almost without fail, carriers of the Horned Mask have died, captured by their enraged enemies after having become renowned for their deeds, or their own allies have been forced to incarcerate and kill them as they've lost sight of all loyalties. Be wary... they are fine weapons, but dangerous even to the wielder.

* The article goes on to claim some rather ridiculous notions of orgies, wild tribal dancing and heavy use of narcotics during the ceremony. The information on the marks seemed to be genuine, but can't be considered to be fact due to the rest of the article being the product of a deranged twat *

Mizhara:
*throws head back and laughs*

I wrote that? Allright, slap that into the little Voluval Mark thread. It'll do...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version