Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lai Dai megacorporation has far ranging interests, is one of the foremost research companies in the cluster, and has strong links to the Khanid Kingdom?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Getting other people involved in your super-sekrit RP shenanigans  (Read 6305 times)

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...

I love the aforementioned Bookmark thing. Love love love it. But at the same time, it's not very intuitive - yet it's a great idea and I think (it seems like) it would be easy enough to implement as a full-fledged feature.

So... fund it?

Serendipitous Echo

Why not set something up in a sort of "live events" structure? Have a facilitator or two to get the ball rolling and be "Game Masters" or "Storytellers" for the event. Start things with IC news articles (possibly on IGS), etc. Document the whole thing, including a rough outline for the event (so that the event can survive even if a Facilitator is unable to continue).

Shouldn't be too hard to start up if the scope is relatively small to begin with. There might be a problem of getting enough interest starting out, and the usual trolling.

I for one always wanted to do Infection 2.0.

EDIT: In fact, I'll try to write up a larger outline of ideas. This actually could lead to something awesome.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

I love the aforementioned Bookmark thing. Love love love it. But at the same time, it's not very intuitive - yet it's a great idea and I think (it seems like) it would be easy enough to implement as a full-fledged feature.

So... fund it?

The issue is more in how it can possibly be abused, as I and others have raised similar bread-crumb item like ideas in the past. That having been said, I imagine a lot of roleplayers would probably put support behind it.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Public courier contracts.

An observant observer would see that Corporation X is accumulating Things at location Q.

It might be worth taking a Look.
\o/

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

I think there should be a way to generate a physical item from a note in your client.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Good luck with all that.

I had a sekrit plan from the beginning with this char, which ends with someone getting to perma-kill him. I used to meet Ushra'khan in space and do things that would get Grae run out of Amarr on a rail. I've handed every real enemy I've had something that could be used to end this toon.

In a decade, no one has ever picked up a ball and run with it.

(Edit: One guy once started a thread on the IGS with damning evidence, but his Matari directors made him edit/blank the thing within minutes. Auugh!)
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2012, 17:48 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain

He's much to warm and likable for anyone to try to kill him.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

This.  Capsuleers these days grew up with their very own Graelyn plushy doll when they were kids.  Perma-killing Graelyn would be like trying to murder Santa or the Easter bunny.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Wait, you never tried to do that as kids?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Good luck with all that.

I had a sekrit plan from the beginning with this char, which ends with someone getting to perma-kill him. I used to meet Ushra'khan in space and do things that would get Grae run out of Amarr on a rail. I've handed every real enemy I've had something that could be used to end this toon.

(Edit: One guy once started a thread on the IGS with damning evidence, but his Matari directors made him edit/blank the thing within minutes. Auugh!)

* Saede Riordan adds 'murder graelyn' to her to-do list
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many

This.  Capsuleers these days grew up with their very own Graelyn plushy doll when they were kids.  Perma-killing Graelyn would be like trying to murder Santa or the Easter bunny.

Quoth the Crow: "And?"
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Capsuleers these days grew up with their very own Graelyn plushy doll when they were kids.

* Louella Dougans denies all responsibility.
\o/

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain

Ah. Have you ever really looked at the stuff that's been sitting in the PIE public hangar? Clues galore, but nobody ever picked up on it afaik.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain

Have you ever really looked at the stuff that's been sitting in the PIE public hangar?

Strangely enough, no...

Reyd Karris

I had a sekrit plan from the beginning with this char, which ends with someone getting to perma-kill him. I used to meet Ushra'khan in space and do things that would get Grae run out of Amarr on a rail. I've handed every real enemy I've had something that could be used to end this toon....

Yes, Graelyn has been untouchable for years. I know because I've tried to use information against him, only to be told, "Don't pursue this. Plans are in motion." I think people were probably using Graelyn for their own purposes.  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3