Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That travelling to planets takes quite a long time?  For more, read here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Fanfest notes  (Read 4987 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Fanfest notes
« Reply #45 on: 28 Mar 2012, 10:01 »

I think it was the EVE keynote on Friday. Could be wrong, but they did show video of that stuff, not just still images.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #46 on: 28 Mar 2012, 10:15 »

Will waste time watching eve keynote tonight.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #47 on: 28 Mar 2012, 11:20 »

There was footage, in the art panel.

This. They showed the effects of shots doing both shield and armour/structure damage. It looked really really pretty.

I think I saw a still shot of this somewhere, shield flashes localized to damage and the ship actually looking like it was spilling atmo and on fire, was that it?  And before anyone asks, no I don't remember where I saw that, on a link fromt he eve website I think.
That was concept art from CCP Presents, and the Tesselation demo had some localized shield effects.

The tech demo they showed of the titan being blown up (which was also in the new EVE Forever video) was based on the thing they showed at the art panel.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]