Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Author Topic: The origins of Kyonko Nola  (Read 660 times)

kyon-ko

• Clonejack
The origins of Kyonko Nola
« on: 16 Apr 2013, 01:41 »

Hey guys, Im new here. Kat's disicple in Eve. Been reading all of you stories. Loved it so i made mine. Hope you guys like it.

The first thought that formed in this body of mine were perceptions of distant murmurs and occasional hissing. I felt good. I could feel myself floating… weightless… slowly breathing in and out. My mind was all jumbled up, not able to form any coherent thought. I could see swirling pictures flashing behind my eyelid. It was like that one occasion when me and a couple other cadets in the State War Academy were cross faded on Instinct and Crystal Eggs. We “confiscated” them from the Guristas whore house during a raid. I breathed in again… and out once more.
 I mused at the thought “This must be what babies inside their mother must feel like… Not a worry on my mind.” I smiled at the thought.  Then I noticed something strange. Instead of subconsciously breathing, I noticed it took more effort for me to breathe in than usual. Enough to the point where I had to put conscious effort breathing in and out.
“And the taste… Oh GOD the taste”
I flashed my eyes open from the disgusting taste in my mouth. All I saw was a yellow hue around me and bubbles coming from below.
“Where the fuck am I?!”
 I realized I wasn’t breathing in air but some sort of liquid. I started to panic. I hate waters. My greatest fear was drowning. I’m DROWNING. I started thrashing in this disgusting yellow liquid. I could feel the liquid resisting my movements, almost like they were honey. I felt the space around me and felt smooth glass encasing me like a cocoon. I banged on the glass. That’s when I noticed something moving outside. White blurry figures moving closer as the glass cocoon split in the middle. I fell forward and hit solid ground with the yellow goo. The ground was cold compared to the inside of the cocoon. I tried breathing in and felt the liquid inside my lungs gurgle. I immediately breathed out the yellow goo, pushing it out of my lungs. After coughing out the last drop, I took a huge breath in.
“Welcome to immortality” said one of the white coated figures. A clone technician. I looked up at him after he said it. I started to recall what was going on.
“Ergh…” I groaned. That’s right… I was found compatible to be an egger. I was in a brightly lit room. Rows after rows of glass cocoon lined up on the walls. They hooked me up on wires on a chair next to a clone of me. They told me they were gonna transfer my consciousness into that, well my now, body.
“Do you rememb-” “Yes I remember everything clearly thanks” I snapped at him. The taste of the goo was still in my mouth. I stood up and finally noticed I was naked. Before I said anything the lab coated clone technician handed me a robe.
“…Thanks”
He smiled and led me to the chair where I was, am, sitting just minutes ago. I looked peaceful. Almost as if I was merely taking a nap.
“Whoa” I walked towards the body as I tied the robes. I stared at my lifeless body. “Holy shit”
The clone technicians looked at me amused. “You seem to be doing just fine. Your reaction is… well, normal, but not for someone who just clone jumped. They usually panic, breakdown, or faint. But you… seem to be taking this quite well.” He said while I slapped my old body in the face.
“Am I dead…? Or rather is IT dead?” I asked while groping my breasts. “Oh, you guys really did make it a cup larger.”
“It doesn’t really take us a lot of effort to create the clones’ physical features. We try to follow the Academy’s future capsuleer’s wishes as best as we can. As long as they don’t go against certain policies such as gender transfer…”
I looked at him slowly. “Do people actually request that?”
“You’d be surprised at the number of requests we have received. And to answer your question… it depends on your definition of “living”. Your former body’s brain is completely fried. However its heart is beating. So yes and no.”
I stare at myself, sitting on the chair with wires hanging around my head. My eyes were closed. It looked so peaceful. “So…. What are you gonna do with it?”
The technician stared at me. I didn’t like the look. It was a look of calculation that I hated seeing on my professors and peers in the Academy.
“What.” I asked angrily. “It’s my original body. I want to know what happens to it.”
“My apologies. It’s just that from my experience working as the cloning manager, people refuse to see their original body again. Some sort of denial they go through to cope with the reality that they just changed bodies. Like I mentioned before, most go through a negative experience. Many don’t even want to know what happens to their bodies. But you... seem to be fine.”
That look again.
“Anyhoo, we will explain the details later. If you will follow me…”

After I dressed properly, I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked exactly the same as my old body except certain changes I have requested. Overall I was fine with the new body, MY body. I smiled as I stroked my face. Scratch that, I LOVE my new body. Less boney cheeks and platinum hair (might change that later) and so many other tiny changes... My fingers trailed along my jawline when I stopped. I saw a silver glint behind my neck. My fingers slowly trailed to the back of my neck when I felt the metal sockets. I shuddered.
“Ignore it Kyonko. Ignore it.” I told myself. “You knew that would be there. Why freak out? Besides, nobody can see it under these clothes.” I reassured myself. I looked fine. I looked like myself. Everything is fine…

The deal was that Academy Capsuleers can officially ‘transfer’ into their clone body after they graduate from the Academy itself. In return, the capsuleers had to work for the Caldari Navy for a year. After the year, they are free to do whatever they want. CONCORD made sure of that. The Academy gets continuous funding by the State for producing Capsuleers, helping the Navy. The Navy hires these new immortals to do the dirty work, and in most cases, the capsuleers finally join the Navy later. The Navy gets more Immortals and they boost in power to fight the Federation. For the State.
“It’s all for the state.” I thought in my pod. Today was the last day of the year. After this I’m finally free. But then what? I locked the last Guristas frigate amongst the guristas wreckage. It was attempting to flee but I unconsciously warp scrambled and webbed the Worm out of hardwired habit.
“Nola wake up.” said Ranta Tarumo in my head. I focused back on the Worm and fired an antimatter charge portside. I saw the charge pierce through the weakened shield of the worm and embed itself in its armor. Seconds later it ripped the armor apart violently, revealing its hull and structure, leaking its internal atmosphere. I fired one more charge to seal the fate of the pirates within the Worm.
“At least they died quick” I thought as I saw the ship explode.
“Hey Nola” said the Ranta again. “I know it’s your last day but I need to go back and take a dump alright? Let’s get this over with.”
I smiled at the thought of him trapped in his pod, his waste swimming next to him.
“And no Nola, that’s disgusting. Yeah I know what you’re thinking. And no your brain-wall barrier is up. I just know what you’re thinking. It’s pretty darn obvious.” He remarked annoyed.
Ranta was heading towards the last objective, the drug house, in his Kestrel. Ranta was the Caldari Navy agent assigned to me. We’re been working together for a year now. He usually stays in the station behind his office desk, buried in paperwork. But today he seemed to have broken his usual schedule and made time for the last job for me. He and I both locked the structure and began firing upon it. I saw several shuttles leaving the house next to the large Veldspar asteroids. I assumed the house was now empty.
“You’re hoping the drug house is empty aren’t you”
“How’d you know?”
“Sigh….Nola, you are literally the first capsuleer I met who actually cares for these scums. They’re violent criminals who have repeatedly broken the law. Why care for them?”
“Because you never know who might be in that ship you’re firing your rockets at Ranta. You never know if they have innocent family members in the Habitation Mods we’re firing on.”
“They knew what they were getting into”
“Doesn’t change the fact that they have lives and families.”
I sensed him about to make a rebuttal but heard nothing from him. After 5 minutes, the drug house finally exploded into flames.
“Well, that’s it. Let’s go back so I can get rid of you out of my life” said Ranta.
“Awww not even gonna buy me a drink?”
“Cmon, I’m already in warp”

While walking down the glass catwalk of my ship hangar, toweling my hair, towards my quarters, I heard Aura’s familiar voice projecting next to me.
“Miss Nola, you have a new contract set up for you. And Mr. Tarumo is seeking for your attendance.”
I walked around the couch, grabbing a Quafe on the table and collapsed on the couch. I frowned as I picked up the data-pad. Who would set up a contract? I read through the contract details and choked on my Quafe.
“Aura, Patch a channel to Ranta!” I shouted. 5 seconds later, Ranta’s face appeared on the 2d holo screen. He was toweling his hair.
“Hey Ranta, I think you    made a mistake. I was supposed to get 100k isk. Not 10 MILLION. Not to mention a CARACAL class ship? Did your meticulous ass-“
“Oh shush you. It’s for all the drinks I was supposed to buy you during the past year.”
“But-“
“Shut up and take it.” He smiled for the first time since I saw him drunk in the station pub 6 months ago. “Also…,” he trailed off “… Yuki says bye. Said to visit us from time to time.”
“Yeah, I’ll visit from time to time.”
“Also The Craniac wanted to talk to you. Said they are interested in hiring. But in my opinion? They’re filled with egotistical retards. I wouldn’t join em if I were you… But that’s up to you I suppose. I’m sure you’ll find a place you fit in. Talk to people…. Hope you’ll fly safe.”
“Yeah, I’ll see you later Ranta.”
“Cya Kyonko”
The 2d holo reel switched back to the usual news. I sat there for a while pondering. My balance jumped 4 figures and station managers informed me that they successfully parked the Caracal in my ship hanger. I sat there, thinking of what to do. I got up and walked to the station door. I swiped the security lock and entered my item hangar. I walked down the long corridor, passing by glass vaults containing my loot. I finally reached the end of the corridor and faced the last glass vault.
“Hello me”
I stared at my old body, still alive in its cryogenic state. I touched the glass and moved closer. My old mortal body. My old life. Was it all worth it? I still don’t know. To me it seemed like this old body of mine is the only thing that made me feel real. I sighed and left the vault.
I took the elevator and entered the public area. It was full of people. I felt suddenly alone. I needed a drink. I entered the pub hoping that maybe Ranta was here.
“Sorry Kyonko, he’s not here.” Said Tom.
I smiled sadly and ordered a Suvala Krekka. A minute later he came back with my drink and a bottle of Providence Syrah YC42.
“From Ranta” Said Tom.
I felt sadness washing over me. I felt alone. So so alone. As I read the note from Ranta, I didn’t notice that a woman sat next to me. Nor did I listen to her conversation with Tom the bartender.
“Whats your most expensive bottle?”
“That’d be this YC76 Poitot Merlot 10k isk.”
“I’ll buy all your bottles”
“Big spender eh?”
“A gift for my boss. Also remodeling a lounge back in Syndicate.”
“Ok, I’ll contract em and deliver em by today. To whom am I….?”
“Katrina. Katrina Oniseki”
I didn’t notice them talking about the contract details. Nor did I notice Tom’s disbelief at the amount of order’s she was making. Nor did I notice her curious gaze towards me. I also didn’t notice the business card she slipped into my pocket either. I wouldn’t find that card till 5 months later.
And that. Is how I met my Mistress.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2013, 01:43 by kyon-ko »

kyon-ko

• Clonejack
Re: The origins of Kyonko Nola
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2013, 01:53 »

God, it's good to get rid of my fantasies. I was holding it in for quite a long time :P