Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that hovercraft are common vehicles on stations? (p. 88)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII  (Read 16695 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #30 on: 16 Apr 2015, 14:28 »

I'm a bit bothered by the overall cleanliness/shininess of the Empire (especially those stormtroopers helmets...).

And confirmed, I already can't stand Boyega.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #31 on: 16 Apr 2015, 15:42 »

I'm a bit bothered by the overall cleanliness/shininess of the Empire (especially those stormtroopers helmets...).

He was at a screening I attended for "Attack The Block" (great movie) several years ago for a Q&A with the director.  Everyone there was like yup he's going to be a big star.  Good actor.

I'm just fine with clean stormtroopers, the rest of the universe definitely back to more of a 'lived in' look which is great :)

Nissui

« Reply #32 on: 16 Apr 2015, 19:45 »

Yeah, I don't get the beef with Boyega.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 16 Apr 2015, 22:07 »

HOMEWORLD 3 CONFIRMED

Lyn Farel

« Reply #34 on: 17 Apr 2015, 02:31 »

He was at a screening I attended for "Attack The Block" (great movie) several years ago for a Q&A with the director.  Everyone there was like yup he's going to be a big star.  Good actor.

I'm just fine with clean stormtroopers, the rest of the universe definitely back to more of a 'lived in' look which is great :)

I don't doubt Boyega can be a good actor, I don't know the guy actually... It's just maybe... the character, I don't know. He is annoying on those trailers, not jar-jar like annoying, but still rubbish as if coming from a comedy show, which makes him stand out in the wrong way. Maybe it's just the trailers that only captured a specific side of him being in a hurry/despair...

What I don't like with those few glimpses of the Empire is the difference between the worn out but still clean/martial side of the Empire in the prelogy. It looked overall practical, with matte materials. Here it just feels parade/fake with shiny everywhere. That's what looks too clean to me. At least, it's a minor point for now since they seem to stick pretty heavily to that lived in / worn out look that made Star Wars what it is (unlike the less gritty prelogy).

Rin Valador

• The one who cant sit still
  • Clonejack
« Reply #35 on: 17 Apr 2015, 05:29 »

Personally, very very happy to see this. Gona ride this hype train into the dirt and enjoy the ride completely!
On the internet no one knows you are a giraffe... no one...

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #36 on: 17 Apr 2015, 09:03 »

Regarding the shinyness of everything: I'll reserve judgement so far; the prequel trilogy had plenty of shiny in specific shots (noticeably, in shots on both death stars). So far I've yet to see anything here that confirms they'll be deleting the 'used-ness' of the Empire in other scenes.

That said, what is increasingly bugging me is how smooth that Stormtrooper armor is. The old ones nicely straddled the line between artificial and natural-looking: Dehumanizing enough to give the appearance of monolithic, identical, even robotic troops but also with enough of a human flair to suggest gas masks, grimaces, and body contours. The new ones... they're just smooth all over. They make me think of beetles, or somthing I'd see on a display rack in an Apple store.

EDIT: Also, their armor has nipples.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2015, 15:23 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 17 Apr 2015, 09:55 »

All I know is Brienne of Tarth going to wrek people in that Chrome mega-trooper suit.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #38 on: 20 Apr 2015, 05:11 »

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32376871

That, I was not expecting, and that's awesomesauce.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2015, 05:13 by Lyn Farel »

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #39 on: 20 Apr 2015, 15:13 »

Sometimes I imagine Santa Claus riding a flying T-Rex coming down from the heavens pelting money and free cupcakes at the poor and miserable of the world.

Then I imagine the reaction on this board. The joy is sucked out the dream quicker than brains in Starship Troopers.

Seriously, this is like the only nerdy haven in my entire life where people are this 'meh' over this.

But then super-fanboi-funtime over here so, confusion is to be expected.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2015, 15:17 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
« Reply #40 on: 20 Apr 2015, 15:24 »

Then you'll appreciate this, N'maro. I posted this on Facebook as my reaction to the 2nd trailer that was just released.

In 1977, my father was married to an alcoholic. I had a 1-year-old brother born of that marriage who was showing signs of mental issues.On my birthday, my father took me to New York City. We had dinner at a French restaurant called Cafe du Sport. Dinner ran longer than planned, and we were late for our movie. My dad chose the movie because he was sure that I would enjoy it, and it would allow us to escape together for a while.

We were late, but as this was the 70s, the usher opened the large doors for us and simply told us that when the movie was over, to just stay in our seats and watch it through until we go to the part where we came in, or whenever.

And as we walked down the aisle, I looked up through a massive window into another world, an old man's sandstone abode. And I heard the "snap hiss hum" as a young man's and a young boy's lives were forever changed.

My first vision of Star Wars wasn't scrolling text, or a Star Destroyer chasing a Rebel blockade runner. It was the passing on of a legacy, of Luke Skywalker turning on his father's lightsaber for the first time.

Say what you will about Disney or Star Wars or J.J. Abrams, but this trailer is magic in a way that transcends all negativity.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #41 on: 20 Apr 2015, 15:24 »

a story about the people who obtained the death star plans might be interesting.

would make a bit more sense than what happened in X-Wing.

Which had the Rebels intercepting the death star plans, following a subterfuge where they replaced Imperial comms satellites with ones that had secret hardware on them to pass on data to Rebel listening posts.

And the Death star plans were transmitted. :|

X-Wing then had you protecting a courier ship that was taking the plans, because transmitting them was too dangerous.....

lol.

Also, the X-Wings in this new film, are apparently Incom T-70 X-Wings, whereas the classic X-Wing is the Incom T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter.
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #42 on: 20 Apr 2015, 15:42 »

1)  Rogue One has been described for some time as analagous to 'ocean's 11' for the death start plans, but with more pew pew and less george clooney.  I like the idea of a bunch of scoundrels and rebels infiltrating and stealing said planz.

2) The people making the Force Awakens and the new expanded universe went straight to the source, the original R. McQuarie concept work for Episode IV, and it has been nothing but good so far. The 'new' x-wings are actually the original xwings, etc.  It's great. 

I've been devouring every little bit of spoiler unashamedly this time and all the stuff I'm reading just sounds like a great movie :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #43 on: 21 Apr 2015, 01:56 »

I hold great hopes on the shoulders of Lawrence Kasdann too (SW Episode V scenario/script). Since they brought him back for this, it's actually one of the best news imo.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #44 on: 21 Apr 2015, 11:15 »

The 'new' x-wings are actually the original xwings

explain ?

liek, these x-wings we are seeing in this trailer, are closer to the original concept art ?
\o/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6