Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Diablo III: I have no gold and I must click  (Read 6961 times)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: Diablo III: I have no gold and I must click
« Reply #45 on: 16 May 2012, 11:22 »

I don't know.  I think I've said it before but I have never looked at Diablo as anything other than an online only experience.  Not even when it was Diablo 1 and I was on a 56k modem dial-up connection.  Even when I play alone.

Really, I am just enjoying that I can bring a friend into whatever game Im running.  I've done that a few times and its a lot of fun!
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #46 on: 16 May 2012, 11:27 »

Then clearly everyone who's playing singleplayer is somehow doing it wrong? That must be it.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #47 on: 16 May 2012, 11:27 »

It's a multiplayer game with the option not to play with other people. Unless it was marketted as a single player game, then /shrug. See my previous post for why they didn't decide to make two different games so you could play offline.

Valadeus

« Reply #48 on: 16 May 2012, 11:28 »

Different strokes for different folks is the best way to summarize this entire thread.

I've heard mixed reviews of Diablo III from the players, some love it and some despise it. The online-only is a sticking point, as is the AH and the way they've organized the skills. In the end, you either like the product Blizzard released or you don't. I personally don't and I'm thoroughly enjoying my return to EVE.

My somewhat selfish desire is that there's a string of really terrible game releases that brings people back to EVE.

I know, it's mean.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #49 on: 16 May 2012, 11:32 »

Well, yeah, a bit Miz.  You know how EVE has those people who do nothing but spam level 4 missions in high sec and then end up raging because "There is nothing to do and they are bored"?  Playing single player Diablo is sort of like that, in my opinion.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #50 on: 16 May 2012, 14:19 »

My somewhat selfish desire is that there's a string of really terrible game releases that brings people back to EVE.

I know, it's mean.

But very, very, cunning.

Of course, my more likely distractions are going to be RO2 (the Aussie server seems to be filling up again in anticipation of the big patch, and Rising Storm (Pacific war mod) is in Beta testing), the DUST 514 Beta (if they ever send me a key, and probably mostly to stare at the background) and Portal 2 if Matariki ever gets around to playing Portal.

Please don't sabotage all those games... Please.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #51 on: 16 May 2012, 14:24 »

Portal 2's already been released, so the only sabotage I can foresee there is entirely caused by user error >.>
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 16 May 2012, 15:06 »

I thought they were releasing new content for it? My Steam thingy is advertising something about Portal 2.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #53 on: 16 May 2012, 16:02 »

I believe the perpetual testing initiative was released last week, allowing users to make their own maps.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #54 on: 16 May 2012, 17:05 »

I believe the perpetual testing initiative was released last week, allowing users to make their own maps.

This. Which still means any "sabotage" will probably be player-generated, as it will not affect the current single-player or two-player campaigns. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #55 on: 16 May 2012, 18:50 »

I'm only putting up with this "game" because I promised a few of my RL friends I'd join in when it was released (like 9 months ago). 

Now the day of ruin has come and I must fulfill my vows....

Generally hate blizzard and everything they've touched since Broodwar.

This aims to be no different.

But different strokes for different folks, some people love this kind of gameplay and others don't. 

I think the wow and diablo style 'quest' and pavlovian loot system are among the worst things to happen to gaming.

Always-On DRM is actually the spawn of satan, straight from the depths of hell.  You want me to pay $63 for a single player game I can't play if I unplug my modem? That's mean.

Anyway off to scour the depths.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #56 on: 16 May 2012, 19:22 »

I liked Warcraft 3. It was an RTS that decided to go against the usual UI setup of the popular and massively cloned C&C model.

Same style of model and hero leadership that the DoW games took on so \o/
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 16 May 2012, 19:32 »

I liked Warcraft 3. It was an RTS that decided to go against the usual UI setup of the popular and massively cloned C&C model.

You are correct, WC3 did have a lot of good things about it. I revise my statement to include anything after wc3 :P

"zug zug!"

Vikarion

« Reply #58 on: 16 May 2012, 19:34 »

Hmm. Well, if Blizz wants to make some (more) money off of me, they can offer me offline mode for an additional fee. I'm perfectly fine with never getting to use my offline stuff online. And since it would be DLC, piracy is less of a problem, most likely.

Vikarion

« Reply #59 on: 16 May 2012, 19:35 »

You are correct, WC3 did have a lot of good things about it. I revise my statement to include anything after wc3 :P

"zug zug!"

Meh. I love SC 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6