Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Amarrian "godflesh" taboo forbids against cloning? Until YC119, anyway!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Alliance Tournament  (Read 11399 times)

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
Re: Alliance Tournament
« Reply #60 on: 07 Jun 2011, 15:00 »

Sorry if this wasn't clear, but that's illegal, only one ship can provide any remote armor or shield repair per team. It can be either a logistics class ship or a t3 fit for RR. Nothing else, and only one of the two.

There is only 1 providing remote armor or shield, the second logi, the guardian, is only providing cap transfer, and drone repair.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #61 on: 07 Jun 2011, 15:32 »

one logistics class ship per team :/

Even if you could have an additional one for purely cap xfer, it's a big hole to sink 12 points into, for a ship that will do no damage. The 12 points worth of dps you'd lose will make a huge hole in your output. 

With the rules the way they are and the current balancing I think the teams that move on will be extremely hard-hitting; much more gank than tank so to speak. with up to 10 on the field it's going to be all about how fast you get dps on target and making the right calls or dice rolls for tackle/damage/etc.

Expect walls of tengu missile spam, hard hitting matari spam, and the occasional big guns backing them up from the rear.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #62 on: 07 Jun 2011, 15:58 »

I need to stop posting while I work lol, I over read the "one logi"  :bash:. So one navy Augoror then? Would that work?

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #63 on: 07 Jun 2011, 16:01 »

Rest of the fleet with local dual reps.

You'll get about 400 dps local tank as long as cap lasts (which depending on the ship, won't be very long), you'll be range-limited, and you'll have next to no buffer, making you vulnerable to missile volleys/alpha.  Local tanks are generally bad for anything involving more than three ships.  That said, for the 5 man format there was a pretty disgusting Golem setup I tinkered with that involved the Golems circle-jerking cap and locally tanking ~1300 DPS, which is pretty solid against low-dps setups.  5 BCs would steamroll it though.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #64 on: 07 Jun 2011, 16:15 »

Right, but also taking a dice roll for no heavy neuting heading your way ;)

It seems like the more versatile setups are doing well, ones that can lose a few pieces of the team and still keep kicking, without one central lynchpin ship holding the whole team together.

That being said 'gimmick' setups with super-powerful ships and unique setups still do fantastically well if the enemy isn't prepared for it, but it can come crashing hard if they have the right ships.

It's a really fantastic head-chess game and I'm loving every minute of it pouring over fits with my team members.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #65 on: 08 Jun 2011, 02:33 »

As a note, the Navy Augoror provides cap transfer just as well as Navy Osprey mines or Navy Exequror repairs armour.

However, I assume that technically, a Guardian/Basilisk providing cap + T3 for repairs would be within the letter of the rules, if not exactly within the spirit of the rules. For the five-ship fleets that's a good part of the points, though, but not necessarily for the ten-ship setups. The thing that doesn't exactly work there is that the T3 has no range bonus for repairs, only repair amount bonus - so if it's used to rep the ships, you'll have to be pretty much in a tight ball.

Edit: The rule is actually spelled out "you can have only one logistics ship". So I'd assume that the GMs would say "no, that is not legal".
http://www.eveonline.com/en/tournament/match-rules
« Last Edit: 08 Jun 2011, 02:38 by Mithfindel »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #66 on: 08 Jun 2011, 09:49 »

I'd be extremely cautious of using t3s for effective logistics. They can take much more of a beating but the extra points might be painfully missed elsewhere.  My reasoning tends to think of that as being 16 points worth of dps spent healing things at no range that could be spent on a command ship or offensive t3 ship, or BC+Inty , etc.  *shrug*

Ladel Teravada

• Clonejack
« Reply #67 on: 10 Jun 2011, 02:30 »

Was fun sparring with CVA, even if they never figured out how to beat my Tengu-setup ;) 100mn AB Tengus are badass ships if piloted well.

Sucks to see so many people being kicked out and U'K landing such a tough group.. But at the same time, if you want to win, you'll have to be able to beat the best teams so go get them =)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #68 on: 10 Jun 2011, 09:06 »

We've worked out some fun solutions for 3x 100mn tengu setups :)

Some fun new setups for us, extremely looking forward to Sat and Sunday's matches, depending which ones we use where ;)

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #69 on: 10 Jun 2011, 10:13 »

Good luck Silas!

Khanid Prevails!

8)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #70 on: 10 Jun 2011, 11:11 »

Was fun sparring with CVA, even if they never figured out how to beat my Tengu-setup ;) 100mn AB Tengus are badass ships if piloted well.

Sucks to see so many people being kicked out and U'K landing such a tough group.. But at the same time, if you want to win, you'll have to be able to beat the best teams so go get them =)

Do you have any record at hand to show ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #71 on: 11 Jun 2011, 16:03 »

Man we got worked hard today, ouch!

Long story short they had a ridiculous amount of damps on us, chopped our dps in about half. Our damps got taken out quickly and it was bad news from there.

I made a poor last minute module switch which would have destroyed the damps on me, but such is life. We'll do better tomorrow :)

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #72 on: 11 Jun 2011, 16:14 »

PL's ECM overload pwned us. Though imo it probably would have beaten any of the set-ups I saw today. I can think of only a couple that would counter it well without being very gimped against other compositions.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #73 on: 18 Jun 2011, 10:25 »

Hmm I'd like to know what math genius got the point-values for faction cruisers wrong. Oh wait, that was me!  We fielded like 118 and had to dump like 3 ships, what a joke.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #74 on: 19 Jun 2011, 15:45 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=fvst

HD vid of the final match between Hydra and Outbreak
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you