Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Discussion About Venues  (Read 6848 times)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: Discussion About Venues
« Reply #30 on: 17 Sep 2014, 15:51 »

You are thinking of the right one, though I think it had a club-ish dancefloor in it as well.
Maybe the one you are talking about is Vertigo Theory?
-OOChé

youcancallmesir

• Gutta cavat lapidem non vi sed saepe cadendo.
  • Clonejack
  • I'm not afraid of you. Let's do this.
    • Talking in Local
« Reply #31 on: 03 Nov 2014, 16:50 »

I've known a number of people IRL who made and lost fortunes quite quickly. I've noticed that one of the first things one does upon becoming stupid rich is to purchase or open a bar or restaurant.

On that note, @JJ I would be quite interested in doing this with you. I'm looking to open something in a lowsec/highsec border system; non-faction, no visible weapons, no open criminal dealings, no security guaranteed outside the door. Limited holo-capability. I have an enormous Grooveshark playlist with a broadcast set up as in-house music (mostly punk and metal, with some rockabilly or other oddball stuff thrown in) for The Zoo, a dirty rowdy punk-rock capsuleer dive bar. F**k yeah.
Dr. Quattras Peione
No, I'm not THAT kind of doctor

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #32 on: 03 Nov 2014, 19:38 »

Elmund's more of a coffeeshop guy. I had quite a number of times contemplating having Elmund set up a coffeeshop planetside on one of the colonies he owns, wedged into an industrial complex or something. The coffee grinders and brewing machines are all self-made. Everything is self-made. It looks like someone took factory pipes and scrap metal waste and made the furniture and bar and everything with them, and this is probably true. There will be tribal markings and amulets and such hanging about.

In regards to music? There's probably a corner in there with traditional instruments for the workers to play with. If they want to start playing traditional work songs or whatever, be his guest. He isn't going to stop them unless an argument broke out.

Coffee machines may or may not have heavy machine gun turrets hidden inside.

Also he will be operating under an assumed identity.

But eh, this is something for much later, when Elmund has got enough of the cluster and decided to finally settle down for good.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #33 on: 04 Nov 2014, 01:27 »

Just keep in mind that planetbound venues would realistically require a lot of travel time. It's a non-trivial process.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #34 on: 04 Nov 2014, 01:44 »

Just keep in mind that planetbound venues would realistically require a lot of travel time. It's a non-trivial process.

When he is settling down he won't be travelling all that much anyway.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #35 on: 04 Nov 2014, 01:52 »

I meant for guests. It'd take quite a bit of IC time investment. The coffee had damn well better be like an ejaculation of God in your mouth.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #36 on: 04 Nov 2014, 03:21 »

I meant for guests. It'd take quite a bit of IC time investment. The coffee had damn well better be like an ejaculation of God in your mouth.

It's mostly meant for the colonists, hence the location. And if someone demands that the coffee taste like tears shed by Seraphim, then it WILL BE SO!

No guarantees on the music. One moment it could be rhythmic beating of drums, the other it could be the screeching of metal. I mean seriously, what do you expect from off-duty maintenance engineers?
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2014, 03:24 by Elmund Egivand »

Anskek

« Reply #37 on: 20 Jan 2015, 16:29 »

Make an outdoor environment you cretins. Moar of them. Travel an issue? LOLINTERBUS. Just hand wave travel time. Only you are holding yourself back capsuleers.

RISE UP.
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE.
....AND TAKE THE INTER BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS.

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #38 on: 20 Jan 2015, 21:43 »

Needs more cab-RP. Just RP -about- Interbus. I narrowly missed RPing in a cab just the other day (laughs)

Hangout Channel: Gallente Lounge

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #39 on: 27 Jan 2015, 20:37 »

Needs more cab-RP. Just RP -about- Interbus. I narrowly missed RPing in a cab just the other day (laughs)

Space taxi which smells weird and whose driver speaks in a weird future-India accent.

Make it so.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #40 on: 27 Jan 2015, 20:45 »

Paging Salba, will the Shuttlemistress please report to the EVE Online resubscription page...
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 2 [3]