Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your Character's Voice  (Read 7615 times)

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
Re: Your Character's Voice
« Reply #30 on: 02 Jun 2014, 22:17 »

I also like to point out that when using his larynx, Elmund speaks slowly. Much slower than when he speaks via implants. His voice becomes hoarse after fifteen minutes of continuous conversation, which he can remedy by drinking a glass of water. He carries his Republic Military School Thermos filled with water whenever he goes out for a stroll for this reason.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2014, 02:33 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Jurou

• Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 03 Jun 2014, 06:03 »

Or Join from morrowind.

Jiub.

Yeah. Stupid shitty android ruinin' muh spells

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #32 on: 03 Jun 2014, 14:01 »

I always pictured Jurou to be voiced as Rhod Gilbert

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 03 Jun 2014, 16:37 »

Frank Pritchard all daaaaaaaaay.

I want Pritchard's turtleneck and leather jacket for Andreus as well.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #34 on: 31 Dec 2014, 17:37 »

Katrina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3wxrZ8FJmQ A young Meryl Streep, 30 years old.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 31 Dec 2014, 19:49 »

So I have to semi-retcon this.

<rant>

One of my favorite games of all time, and certainly the best MOBA or team-based game I've ever played, a game called Dawngate, was shut down by EA last month. The game was barely a blip on anyone's radar because it never exited beta and EA never gave it anything more than a minimal budget. I only found it because TotalBiscuit did a WTF Is on it a few months before he probably should have. It never even got to the point of implementing a draft mode, but the competitive scene was growing and the game had an excellent community.

It was EA's piss-poor attempt at emulating the success of League and Dota. I say piss-poor not because the game was in any way bad, in fact the team behind the game made a point to disallow EA bigwigs from meddling with their game design or monetization model. It was a piss-poor attempt because EA somehow thought it should be as big as League or Dota before it came out of beta. Well thought out, idiots.

Anyway, </rant>. The game was amazing.

I played the hell out of this game over six months and racked up several hundred wins. The game was amazing for being the first MOBA to ever give a single shit about lore. There was an on-going webcomic, the characters in-game would talk to and taunt each other automatically, and the community could vote on what direction they want to take the heroes (changing things like kit development). The lore itself was written by Chris L'Etoile of pre-Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect fame.

I gave Kyoko the third name Raina in honor of my favorite hero and this game shutting down.

Raina is/was pretty much everything Kyoko would be if she lived in a fantasy setting: whip smart, open-minded, brazen, great at playing defense, devoted above all else to her friends, and not beyond a great deal of trolling other people for shits and giggles. She was voiced by a seriously talented actress and as such this is what I imagine Kyoko Raina Sakoda sounds like.

edit: Also, it had a great soundtrack.
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2014, 19:55 by Kyoko Sakoda »

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #36 on: 05 Jan 2015, 15:23 »

Halcyon's singing voice

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #37 on: 06 Feb 2015, 04:10 »

Hevaima: German Scar  :lol:

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #38 on: 06 Feb 2015, 11:35 »

Kerry Washington.  Hard to find good video of her angry or cold voiced like Aya is but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8dhV4-0rXo8#t=44 is a pretty good example.   Also lol scandal

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #39 on: 06 Feb 2015, 11:43 »

Everyone who posted in this thread, including me, are voiced by Steve Blum.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Thal Vadam

• "The" Templar
  • Clonejack
« Reply #40 on: 06 Feb 2015, 19:30 »

"I do what I do because it is the right thing to do. I am a warrior, and it is the way of the warrior to fight superior odds."
Thal Vadam

Rin Valador

• The one who cant sit still
  • Clonejack
« Reply #41 on: 06 Feb 2015, 20:33 »

Kate Higgins

Though as per Tib SteveBlum would most defenately be a close 2nd ._.    ...
On the internet no one knows you are a giraffe... no one...

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #42 on: 06 Feb 2015, 20:43 »

I've always heard Arkon as Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady, that wonderful accent that you'd swear is smirking and chuckling with every sound uttered but never indelicately so.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2015, 20:46 by Arkon Sarain »

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #43 on: 16 Feb 2015, 09:41 »

Pretty sure I've posted in a thread similar to this before...but I imagine Kor's voice to be similar to this, perhaps with a slight increase in the British accent (because, let's face it, British people make the best bad guys...not that Kor is a bad guy...or is he*cue dramatic music*).
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 16 Feb 2015, 10:06 »

Zhang Ziyi

... who, by some odd coincidence, is also who'd be playing Aria if there were ever a movie.
Pages: 1 2 [3]