Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When level 4s first came out, they used the Belt NPCs and not the lesser Complex NPCs?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Promoting the opposing side...  (Read 24228 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Promoting the opposing side...
« Reply #60 on: 04 Apr 2015, 22:03 »

Possibly you could go corp-by-corp and most of them *do* have public IC channels of some kind. I'm not sure who all is active these days though. It's crazy, Minmatar were for a long time pretty much the largest RP group.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #61 on: 05 Apr 2015, 01:58 »

A rather blunt question, please forgive me for it, but does anyone actually know of any Minmatar RPers active in EVE presently? Because really 4 months in and not having run into one is a bit :s for me.

Ava ?

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #62 on: 05 Apr 2015, 06:15 »

I don't know if this is still the case, but when I was involved in Minmatar RP there weren't a ton of Minmatar RPers who participated in places like the Summit etc. A lot of intracorp/intraalliance RP was more common. I know a lot has changed over the last couple years too, though.

This is interesting to hear, and relates a bit to another thread on this forum about raising the public profile of RP in EVE (or something to that effect, will link when near a computer).

If this is so, and I certainly can believe it, beyond what has been mentioned before more generally about engaging the "other side," is there anything specifically one could do as a player or as a character to encourage more public RP from such groups?

Possibly you could go corp-by-corp and most of them *do* have public IC channels of some kind. I'm not sure who all is active these days though. It's crazy, Minmatar were for a long time pretty much the largest RP group.

The problem for me, as a newer player and character, is I have no idea who such corps may be :P Beyond Gradient, who I have tried to talk to OOCly but sadly they mustn't have seen me in the channel as they haven't responded - I would mail but that always seems so... Impersonal? Probably just me thinking that actually. But yes back to the topic at hand, beyond Gradient I do not know of any Minmatar RP groups. And more broadly speaking beyond the Amarr bloc I know very few RP corporations/alliances.

Is there a resource to consult or a list of such entities that are active I could find? :)

A rather blunt question, please forgive me for it, but does anyone actually know of any Minmatar RPers active in EVE presently? Because really 4 months in and not having run into one is a bit :s for me.

Ava ?

If it is the Ava who has posted in this thread they are not presently in the game I believe :(

Apologies for any mistakes and the clumsiness of this post, I am on my phone, edits for style and corrections will come when I find a computer. :)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #63 on: 05 Apr 2015, 08:48 »

I'm still active. But my corporation & alliance aren't very RP friendly right now. Well, more the alliance really.

I'd considered doing a stint in an U'K corporation, if only for the potential comedy gold of being a Minmatar who thinks that Karishal Muritor's death was sad, but justifiable given his oathbreaking and theft of Fleet property. I'm not sure how active they are in RP terms at the moment though.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #64 on: 05 Apr 2015, 11:16 »

If it is the Ava who has posted in this thread they are not presently in the game I believe :(

I saw her a few days ago.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #65 on: 05 Apr 2015, 11:59 »

Ava being in - game and Ava being an active Minmatar rp'er are not the same thing.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #66 on: 05 Apr 2015, 14:40 »

She was pretty active about Minmatar loyalism last time on the summit.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #67 on: 05 Apr 2015, 15:39 »

The point is, Lyn, that just because Ava has logged in and spoken in the summit one time does not mean she is back as a full time active Minmatar roleplayer.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #68 on: 05 Apr 2015, 15:57 »

Well then i'm not a full time active RPer either, and irrelevant, and many are not either...

At least she does actually RP minmatar stuff ingame. Even if not everyday...

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #69 on: 05 Apr 2015, 16:45 »

That's the whole point Lyn. There is no one who is in-game every day doing stuff for the Minmatar. Ava logged in for the first time in about 3 months. There are no active Minmatar RPers who are visibly doing stuff, if not every day then at least every week, that people can get involved in.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #70 on: 06 Apr 2015, 01:53 »

It's not proper to the Minmatar. Only the Amarr these days are thriving everyday, as you say... Not even everyday no. But often enough to qualify to your standards of activity.

If you are looking for everyday RP, then let's go 10 years back in time and you will have your every faction and sub faction everyday RP... But if you are trying to dismiss the few people left that may not have the time to bear the mantle of a whole faction by themselves on an everyday basis, I'm not even sure what the whole point is, no...  :s

Ava was nice enough to do a good amount of Minmatar RP last time she was online, even if it has not been for maybe a month I have seen her online...
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2015, 03:28 by Lyn Farel »

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #71 on: 06 Apr 2015, 05:43 »

*reads with some curiosity*

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
« Reply #72 on: 06 Apr 2015, 05:46 »

Lyn, Kala's not complaining about Ava or accusing her of not doing enough. She's just saying that Ava being in game and RPing a bit is not a sign of Mini RP being alive and well.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #73 on: 06 Apr 2015, 05:58 »

Lyn, Kala's not complaining about Ava or accusing her of not doing enough. She's just saying that Ava being in game and RPing a bit is not a sign of Mini RP being alive and well.

This. Two totally different things, especially given the conversations that Kala and I have had with Ava during the brief times she's been ingame.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #74 on: 06 Apr 2015, 07:13 »

Ava being in - game and Ava being an active Minmatar rp'er are not the same thing.

Well, I really agree with your point Jennifer but... It's not what I understood. Ava seems pretty active to me as a Minmatar RPer, even if she is not as present ingame as she was before.

Anyway yes, the Mini RP is not alive and well, I think everyone has already come to the same conclusion eons ago :/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9