Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front used local civilian employees in its orbital production facility known as Prosperity Station? Read more about it here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Promoting the opposing side...  (Read 24234 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Promoting the opposing side...
« Reply #45 on: 03 Apr 2015, 16:12 »

Yonis still needs to dropkick Jamyl and Khanid II out of an airlock, thank you very much.

Fixed that for you.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #46 on: 03 Apr 2015, 16:14 »

Yonis still needs to dropkick Jamyl and Khanid II out of an airlock, thank you very much.

Fixed that for you.

Wouldn't that have been the best player IC event ever? A new tournament of champions for the empty seat that Jamyl stole?

Amarr civil war is a thing that needs to happen so very badly it hurts.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #47 on: 03 Apr 2015, 16:15 »

Amarr civil war is a thing that needs to happen so very badly it hurts.

Yes

Vikarion

« Reply #48 on: 03 Apr 2015, 16:48 »

except, with that whole thing with the Vast Sums of Gold that the Empress gave to the State, the Empire already owns all the State's infrastructure, which the State uses on a leaseback basis. Or something.

I wouldn't put it past Falcon to retcon that in, but the original news article just said that it was an investment into the megas. It certainly isn't considered anything more than that in EvE: Source, unless I REALLY missed something.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 03 Apr 2015, 16:58 »

except, with that whole thing with the Vast Sums of Gold that the Empress gave to the State, the Empire already owns all the State's infrastructure, which the State uses on a leaseback basis. Or something.

I wouldn't put it past Falcon to retcon that in, but the original news article just said that it was an investment into the megas. It certainly isn't considered anything more than that in EvE: Source, unless I REALLY missed something.

If I recall it was described as a substantial loan and not an investment?  Just because it could be a good source of conflict down the line...

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #50 on: 03 Apr 2015, 17:28 »

It's a loan as described in Eterne's Jamyl chronicle.

But what nation doesn't have national debt?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #51 on: 04 Apr 2015, 01:08 »

Also, the loan is mostly on Tash-Murkon level iirc, not on the imperial throne itself, which can lead to... interesting shenanigans.

Also, yes for internal civil wars everywhere. And Khanid II + Jamyl need to go down in flames together.  :P

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #52 on: 04 Apr 2015, 01:24 »

And Articio will rise \o/

I mean what? I am a loyal servant of the Empire >.>

But this actually an interesting point, to turn back to the original discussion, do you think a removal/reversal/renovation of the FW alliances and a promotion of internal conflict (even if not outright violence) would help or hinder us as players (and as characters) in promoting involvement in all sides? :)
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2015, 01:28 by Arkon Sarain »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #53 on: 04 Apr 2015, 01:56 »

As far as I know, every time new RP matter is summoned, RPers are summoned and RP activity starts up again. It's not only true for the main storyline like sleepers/drifters.

As far as I know, every time conflict is involved, it appears to be a RP multiplier of such events.

So yes, in a nutshell. As long as they do not pull up an Aurora, rig up the results no matter what the players do (as CCP has always done) and go the suicidal route again with the RP community.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #54 on: 04 Apr 2015, 10:31 »

Then you think about whether you should jack it all in, because people start queueing up to moan at you OOC because your characters aren't the cardboard stereotypes they need for their self-fanfiction, and you question why you even bother RPing with people instead of at them, because it's not like you're getting paid to do this.

I love you. <3

CTCS aren't the Sani Sabik that the RP community needs, they're the Sani Sabik the RP community deserves.

Or something.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #55 on: 04 Apr 2015, 17:38 »

There's always been - from my observations, at least - a distinct lack of actually Matari patriots in a lot of the RP venues that aren't just hating the Amarr because they think it's hip and cool. What I mean to say, since I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near as clear as I think I am, is that most Minmatar (and the 'super duper liberal Amarr') types like to polarize themselves without purpose or meaning, which can be fun to interact with, but it's junk for any type of storytelling. Backstory is the biggest part of characters because it dictates how they do anything from scalping some dude to picking daisies for someone.

And then I go log in and see people going "FEDERATION PLS DISAPPEAR LOL" and "SLAVES R BAD.......NO SLAVES PLS," and when someone asks why, all they're met with are ad hominems. I would metaphorically kill to see some good, grey-area tensions between the Amarr and Minmatar communities that isn't just a he-said-she-said thing. I'd say the same about GalCal, but the Federation RP community is rather thin and dynamic and seems to enjoy complimenting other things than being a single entity.

tl;dr vote Charles for CSM
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #56 on: 04 Apr 2015, 18:24 »

Gradient (and to some extent EM) of about 3-5 years ago had exactly what you're describing. There was some excellent moderate/inter-tribal RP going on there. Unfortunately a lot of the older and more experienced Minmatar RPers stopped playing and Min RP has always suffered under the "hurr durr Slavers" problem. Combined, these factors haven't left much else.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #57 on: 04 Apr 2015, 20:59 »

There's always been - from my observations, at least - a distinct lack of actually Matari patriots in a lot of the RP venues that aren't just hating the Amarr because they think it's hip and cool. What I mean to say, since I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near as clear as I think I am, is that most Minmatar (and the 'super duper liberal Amarr') types like to polarize themselves without purpose or meaning, which can be fun to interact with, but it's junk for any type of storytelling. Backstory is the biggest part of characters because it dictates how they do anything from scalping some dude to picking daisies for someone.

And then I go log in and see people going "FEDERATION PLS DISAPPEAR LOL" and "SLAVES R BAD.......NO SLAVES PLS," and when someone asks why, all they're met with are ad hominems. I would metaphorically kill to see some good, grey-area tensions between the Amarr and Minmatar communities that isn't just a he-said-she-said thing. I'd say the same about GalCal, but the Federation RP community is rather thin and dynamic and seems to enjoy complimenting other things than being a single entity.

tl;dr vote Charles for CSM

I haven't really encountered any Minmatar characters (who primarily define themselves by that fact) to know whether the majority of Minmatar characters are as you say - grrr slavers etc. :P Which I think is tragic, I can't even confirm that I have even seen a Minmatar stereotype when I play an Amarr loyalist!

But I do agree with the general sentiment in the post, in my opinion nuance is everything in a character - it makes them feel human.

A rather blunt question, please forgive me for it, but does anyone actually know of any Minmatar RPers active in EVE presently? Because really 4 months in and not having run into one is a bit :s for me.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #58 on: 04 Apr 2015, 21:29 »

I don't know if this is still the case, but when I was involved in Minmatar RP there weren't a ton of Minmatar RPers who participated in places like the Summit etc. A lot of intracorp/intraalliance RP was more common. I know a lot has changed over the last couple years too, though.

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #59 on: 04 Apr 2015, 21:42 »

I don't know if this is still the case, but when I was involved in Minmatar RP there weren't a ton of Minmatar RPers who participated in places like the Summit etc. A lot of intracorp/intraalliance RP was more common. I know a lot has changed over the last couple years too, though.

Can confirm. When the RP generally goes on, it's in-corp or behind closed doors. Maybe there needs to be someone to bridge that gap for hella arr-p, shrug
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9