Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that non-capsuleer viewership of the Intergalactic Summit reaches into the hundreds of millions and vehement debates rage within planetary communities based on the positions espoused there by capsuleers.

Author Topic: Endless Space MP Coordination Thread  (Read 1119 times)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Endless Space MP Coordination Thread
« on: 30 Sep 2012, 12:32 »

Putting together a MP match of Endless Space.  Interested players, please post time zone and (weekday/weekend) availability.

Start date: TBD
Start time: TBD

Requirements: Steam account, full copy of Endless Space

Rules/limitations:
  • No pure AI players
  • Stock factions
  • No mods
  • All victory conditions available
  • Galaxy settings TBD
Players (TZ & Faction):
Ken - GMT-5
Cravers
Kala - GMT+1
Hissho
Graelyn - GMT-7
Horatio
Shaalira - GMT-5
Pilgrims
Kyber - GMT+1
Sowers
Lyn - GMT+1
Sophons
Gottii - GMT-6
United Empire

Factions Remaining:
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2012, 10:01 by Ken »

Kybernetes Moros

Re: Endless Space MP Coordination Thread
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2012, 12:47 »

I'm afraid I won't be able to do this if we go for that weekend: I'm going to be busy for all of the 6th (whoo birthday) and won't be able to be around particularly late on on the 7th, thanks to work. I still need to buy the game properly on Steam anyway (which isn't a problem in itself; it's the timing that's the killer for me).

If it turns out this moves to another weekend, I'm GMT+1 at the moment; if it stays on the same one, have fun guys. :3
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2012, 12:55 by Kybernetes Moros »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2012, 12:52 »

I may very well have issue with that weekend as well, at least on the saturday (fancy dress party >.> )

and like kyber, I need to get the full game as well, although that may be sorted in the next few days.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2012, 15:08 »

I have finally decided to buy it (will do it in a few hours and will probably start to play tomorrow or something). I still have a whole free week before I start working, so in 8 days I will be free most evenings GMT+1 and the week ends, except if something comes up as a sudden. The coming week however, I will be free all the day (except the night...).

Edit : apparently, Sophon then.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2012, 15:10 by Lyn Farel »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2012, 15:10 »

I have the full game and a Steam account.  Not sure of availability.  Let me know and I'll try to make it work.  Time zone is US central (GM -6)

I'll be the Empire. 

Cue the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2012, 15:12 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2012, 19:03 »

I like being able to IM everyone via Steam for backroom deals and such.  Always more fun in a multiplayer game.

Kyber, lets talk.  We should work together.  Trust is important.

(psst...everyone else, lets team up against Kyber!)
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2012, 21:34 »

Oh, very well.

The Horatio will attend your boorish gala.

We'll supply the War'd'œuvres, of course!

(SteamID: 'Graelyn' GMT -7)
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2012, 21:37 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2012, 07:39 »

The latest update added a great little option to galaxy generation that allows you to balance (or imbalance) the number of stars in each constellation.  Should make for a much more level playing field in MP.  One thing folks may not be tracking about Endless Space is that the developers are using a community-driven update thing called games2gether.  http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/Games2gether  Essentially, new features are implemented after being chosen by a community vote.  They just added a new player-designed race after one such round of voting.  Sadly, it's just a portrait, lore, and set of custom stats, but here's hoping for a new unique ship set in the near future.

As for timing on the MP match, I'm looking at a busy weekend and week in front of me, but would be down to get this started on or after the 14th.  How does everyone's evening/night (2200-0200 UTC) look during the week of 14-20 Oct?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #8 on: 05 Oct 2012, 08:49 »

Great! I should be good (tenatively).

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 05 Oct 2012, 10:13 »

Too late in the week since I work, the latest hour for me would be 23:00 UTC for me in the week (midnight for me if i'm not mistaking, unless it's even22:00 UTC due to summer time).

Barely ok in the week-end also, but it's just too late, i'm definitly not going to stay awake until 3-4 AM even a friday or saturday evening.  :(

Edit : clarification since I read my last message again and it was definitly not clear enough (my mistake) :

Starting next week, I am available in Week (Sunday evening to Friday) : 20:00 GMT -> 23:00 GMT

Available the week-end (Friday evening to Sunday) : around 09:00 GMT -> 01:00 GMT
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012, 13:24 by Lyn Farel »

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #10 on: 05 Oct 2012, 10:24 »

The Friday and the Saturday should be okay. Like I said, though, if my own restrictions end up being a a pain, by all means go ahead without me - I'm not going to pose serious competition anyway. :3

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 05 Oct 2012, 10:25 »

Same if timezones are conflicting, go ahead without me either. ^^

Shaalira

• Egger
« Reply #12 on: 05 Oct 2012, 13:19 »

GMT-5
Steam: dejapes

Generally available on weekends.  Weekday evenings with advance notice.

Pilgrims is the race I've played the least, so giving them a try on multiplayer promises to be most interesting.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012, 13:22 by Shaalira »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 07 Oct 2012, 16:13 »

I should be good during those times, with the caveat my grandmother has been having health problems.  Might have to go see her. 

Other than that, Im looking forward to the game!
― Isaac Asimov

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #14 on: 08 Oct 2012, 09:56 »

GMT +1 here as well, identical timezone to kyber. However, it doesn't look like I'm gonna get myself sorted out to take part in anything until next month, so if anyone wants to take my place they are more than welcome.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani