Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ammatars regard themselves as the true rulers of the Minmatars? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crimewatch 2.0  (Read 3023 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Crimewatch 2.0
« Reply #15 on: 07 Oct 2012, 03:28 »

i thought if you had GCC you simply couldn't warp anymore...

or is that being retconned (or just a highsec mechanic) ??

If you have GCC in highsec, you cannot warp. It's something the devs referred to as the death ray, basically an instant scripted command that disables your warp when you get the timer, whether or not CONCORD has actually spawned yet. They don't like it that way, but it's the only solution they came up with to the boomerang exploit.

That's something new ?

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 07 Oct 2012, 13:19 »

Not sure where you heard that, because it would be a realllllly dumb mechanic if it was true.  (GCC in Hi-sec = Concordokken anyways, so it wouldnt matter)

CCP, just go ahead and implement insta-self-destruct already. If Concord monitors everything, controls your ability to lock anything, can insta-warp to your ship and can remotely disable a ship's warp drive, why not just install a simple self-destruct device?

Before you could 'escape' Concord by warping off. You could it indefinitely, and outrun the GCC, but since that was considered an exploit, people just used the 15 minutes grace time to warp around and shoot at several targets rather than a single one.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #17 on: 22 Oct 2012, 11:11 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2079573#post2079573

We've been reviewing the feedback since we released the crimewatch dev blog (all 53 pages and counting), and now have planned some revisions that I'll outline below:

Interdictor bubbles:
We've looked at the concerns about Weapons flags excessively penalising Interdictor pilots, and also about flags potentially propagating intel that is otherwise not available. With these in mind, the following alterations are planned:

The act of launching a Warp Disrupt Probe from an Interdictor will not give any flags.

If someone CURRENTLY INSIDE a dictor bubble attempts to warp then:
* Both the (failed) warper and the bubble owner will get a PVP flag
* The bubble owner will get a Weapons flag.

When someone's incoming warp is altered by a bubble at the destination, no flaggings will occur.

This should allow dictor pilots to more easily keep moving with their fleet. It also prevents free intel via flaggings when someone starts a warp to a distant bubble from the other side of the system.

NPC and PVP timers:
Firstly I want to emphasise the following will remain unchanged: If a player disconnects from the game, his ship will make an attempt to perform an emergency warp. This warp will be prevented by the regular forms of disruption as normal. The presence of any flag will not prevent this emergency warp from being attempted. There was some confusion about this, so I wanted to make sure everyone is clear this was never planned to change. If you disconnect whilst engaging NPCs, your ship will still make a single attempt to e-warp as normal at the moment of disconnect, provided you aren't tackled.

With that out of the way, here are the updated changes/clarifications:
* NPC flag timeout will be lowered to 5 minutes. NPC flags are not further extended after log-off.
* PVP flags CAN be created and further extended after log-off even if the owner did not have a PVP flag at the time of disconnect.. If Char A logs off in space (with or without a PVP flag), and then char B attacks A, then A will get a PVP flag. Char A's ship will then remain in space for as long as that PVP flag exists.
These changes should ensure that unavoidable disconnects (eg caused by network problems) aren't massively penalising, whilst ensuring that manually killing the client to avoid PVP is never a viable strategy.
* We are adding a 'Safe Log-off' ability, where you can go through the process of removing your ship from space BEFORE closing the client, rather than after. This will let you confirm that your ship is truly hidden, by getting it to a safe location and then going through a timer.
Before anyone panics about this become the new ALT-F4 to avoid combat or that we're making the game too safe, this does come with a number of restrictions. For example, the timer cannot be started whilst you have modules running, have incoming/outgoing target locks, have a Weapons/PVP flag, are in a fleet, etc. Should any of these required conditions change whilst the timer is running, it will be aborted.
We'll be putting a dev blog out with more details on this feature in the near future.

Please keep the constructive feedback coming!

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 23 Oct 2012, 08:04 »

'Safe Log-off' ability; sounds good and I think I have seen similar in other MMO's.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #19 on: 16 Nov 2012, 06:46 »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 16 Nov 2012, 07:58 »

...waitwaitwait. Am I reading this right - firing on someone with a criminal flag gives you a criminal flag yourself?!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #21 on: 16 Nov 2012, 08:23 »

...waitwaitwait. Am I reading this right - firing on someone with a criminal flag gives you a criminal flag yourself?!

I think that's a wording issue. Players with "criminal" or "suspect" flags are the often-mentioned "legal player targets".

Firing on someone with a suspect flag does not give you a suspect flag - it gives you a "limited engagement" flag, which is basically equivalent to the 1-to-1 flagging we have now. Not sure how it works with a criminal flag, but it's either going to be a "lol too bad" flag, or another LE.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 16 Nov 2012, 12:32 »

That's what I thought, but when that chart started talking about doing things "against" a Criminal-status player giving you a criminal flag yourself, I went "wat".
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.
Pages: 1 [2]