Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The last time someone attacked the Jovians, it was the Amarr, at Vak'atioth, and the Amarr fleet was crushed?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crimewatch 2.0  (Read 3018 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

Re: Crimewatch 2.0
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2012, 12:12 »

Oh me likes.

Funny thing is we are going to see a lot less sentry fire, unless podding is involved... Lowsec gates are going to turn into cutthroats if you can engage people in a simple frigate without ensuing sentry fire on your ship... Not sure what to think about that. Being able to catch everything in lowsec before demanded a lot of specific targeting gear.

The only thing I still find absurd is the fact that you can freely fire back on people shooting at you because you are suspect/criminal. Thats stupid imo, you engage in criminal activities, then be prepared...  :bash:

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2012, 12:23 »

In short: we are all going to die!

*Can not board another ship from a corp hangar (unless boarding from a capsule)
*Can not store current ship in a corp hangar
Or at least I will die... for sure...
X_X
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2012, 12:27 by Lithium Flower »

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2012, 14:45 »

Oh me likes.

Funny thing is we are going to see a lot less sentry fire, unless podding is involved... Lowsec gates are going to turn into cutthroats if you can engage people in a simple frigate without ensuing sentry fire on your ship... Not sure what to think about that. Being able to catch everything in lowsec before demanded a lot of specific targeting gear.

The only thing I still find absurd is the fact that you can freely fire back on people shooting at you because you are suspect/criminal. Thats stupid imo, you engage in criminal activities, then be prepared...  :bash:
Clarification about the gate guns thing,

if you take a security status hit for an action, IE aggressing an 'illegal' target around a gate or a station the gate guns will in fact fire on you. There will be no swaths of frigate fights on gates, sorryz :(

However, if you fight at a belt and then warp to the gate, you just have a suspect flag and the gate guns will not fire on you making it possible to transit while still having a suspect flag and are engagable similar to current day red flashy pirates by anyone on gate or in a belt without repercussion.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 04 Oct 2012, 15:36 »

Ah, that sounds a lot better that way. For a moment i really thought gate guns were only going to fire when criminal flags are involved...

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2012, 01:08 »

This is a serious buff to roaming frigate gangs. You can now engage neutrals in a belt/complex/etc and you're not committed to the area by sentry fire or risk of sentry fire.

Also bug prediction: PvE gives you the Legality CRIMINAL flag.

Did anyone else notice the 'Cannot initiate warp' flag under criminal? This seems bad. Never mind, applies to highsec.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012, 01:22 by Milo Caman »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2012, 06:12 »

Assist flags being timed to your assistance target's timer is very interesting.

I feel a lot of these changes are tooled towards 'speeding up' criminal pvping, and not having to wait aeons before being able to change locations.

The not being conkorked jumpinginto highsec with criminal timer will save a lot of players some ships.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2012, 10:06 »

The not being conkorked jumpinginto highsec with criminal timer will save a lot of players some ships.

As much as I wholeheartedly agree with most ofl these changes, and this one included, I could miss the situations where you chase ebil outlaws and corner them around a gate to high-sec, making them choose between being destroyed by you, or by concord if they jump. That was the most gratifying experience for the anti pirate I was.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2012, 11:43 »

i thought if you had GCC you simply couldn't warp anymore...

or is that being retconned (or just a highsec mechanic) ??

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2012, 12:14 »

Just listened to Soundwave explain lots of this (at EVE Vegas). OMG there is so much awesomeness when you combine this with the bounty changes coming. This could be what makes me start logging in again.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #10 on: 06 Oct 2012, 12:25 »

Not sure where you heard that, because it would be a realllllly dumb mechanic if it was true.  (GCC in Hi-sec = Concordokken anyways, so it wouldnt matter)
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #11 on: 06 Oct 2012, 13:03 »

If you have GCC in highsec, you cannot warp. It's something the devs referred to as the death ray, basically an instant scripted command that disables your warp when you get the timer, whether or not CONCORD has actually spawned yet. They don't like it that way, but it's the only solution they came up with to the boomerang exploit.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #12 on: 06 Oct 2012, 15:49 »

thought it was something like that...

on a note more related to the original topic... stealing from cans now flags you as criminal to the entire cluster?? ooooh... Ninja hunting will become a valid occupation... \o/

that could really hurt Moar Tears .... they only seem to like the no-risk pvp of mission runner tormenting.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #13 on: 06 Oct 2012, 16:02 »

I believe your conclusion regarding their PVP proclivities may be somewhat inaccurate.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #14 on: 06 Oct 2012, 17:45 »

i may be referring to a certain sub-sect within their number.. but that is the sub-sect i have encountered the most often.

for obvious reasons. :P
Pages: [1] 2