Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Zegerth Kelja is the eccentric Sansha Underseer of True Slave Foundations?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: How strong is your factional loyalty?  (Read 12877 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: How strong is your factional loyalty?
« Reply #15 on: 09 Feb 2011, 00:20 »

Very Interesting Thread!

I've had the luck (or unluck) that King Khanid never so much as says a word to any of us, so we've had plenty of wiggle room to sort of do our own thing for many years. Hard to have conflicts with your government when your government never speaks on the issues ;)

For Silas, something along these lines:

1. King Khanid
2. Khanid Kingdom
3. House Vitalia
4. KPV
5. Amarr Empire

I've been trying to work out some of the more nuanced issues a bit lately, as the tradition of practicality and realpolitik that the Kingdom represents is extremely important to Silas. Additionaly Silas supports the political view of the Empire as more of a loose collection of competing houses than any actual unified body. At least traditionaly we as the players got a LOT more information about the differences within the empire, until they shoe-horned Jamyl in and jammed the entire Amarrian race into one clean glass box for the FW launch....off topic sorry.

You'll notice that "God" is not on there, as I don't think Silas is actually overtly religious anymore than the average Amarrian in an authority position needs to be in order to get by. Of course not being overtly religious on the Amarrian scale of religiosity means a great deal different than in our society. God/etc is always present in public life, but it's not a priority to her the way that the betterment of her Kingdom and promoting Amarrian racial superiority are. She simply accepts faith/etc as a matter-of-fact part of life and generally doesn't give it a second thought.  She could care less if the heathens are converted, it's their loss if they don't want to get with the program, etc. So long as they are subjugated in service of their betters, etc then it's of little consequence to her how it's done.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #16 on: 09 Feb 2011, 04:52 »

I misread (I think) the original post and commented on my character's factional loyalty, when I think that the question was asking how much that loyalty had travelled into the OOC realm.

I think the commonality of my character's loyalties speaks to that in some ways. I am very loyal to the Intaki OOC, and though my other characters are Khanid, they are friends of the ILF.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #17 on: 09 Feb 2011, 06:40 »

I have a Cartel jolly roger as my desktop background, how's that for loyalty?  :yar:

I don't think I will ever see myself with another faction. This one is the one I've been supporting excepting the first half year of playtime, and I am having a lot of fun with it. Hasn't always been easy, for a long while it was a very "lonely" existence despite learning more and more of how we were not the first, or only and that there just was a lack of community causing groups to live in isolation from each other. I can't comment much on that since it was even before my time but right now I am working hard to get all Cartel (and Serpentis) groups to at least know of each others existence and get them together in one channel. Why? Because I don't want them to feel alone while I can help them be together.

Been asked a few times lately "Why the Cartel?". Well, I just kinda fell into this and never got out, or wanted to get out really. Could I support any other faction out there? I could. But likely I won't. I plan to stick with realizing my goals till the end of my EVE career (still some good years to go considering how long I stick with a good MMO on average) no matter how few or many will also choose to support the Cartel.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 09 Feb 2011, 07:01 »

uhm interesting question for a pro-federation gallentean loyalist like myself.....

I cannot have "too much" loyalty really, there is no such thing as "first the federation then me".....its not part of what the definition of gallentean means. We are an egocentric and individualistic culture.....

Also in a ironic way, the moment i see something i don't like in the Federation i go and write my senators and goverment representatives, rally up causes and simply become a pain in the ass to portray what is lacking or simply being done wrong......

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #19 on: 09 Feb 2011, 09:44 »

Shin doesn't have strong loyalties, it's one of her faults/freedoms, however you want to look at it.  Last strong loyalty she had was to Omerta Syndicate and the State, but it was Omerta's fairly unusual view of the State.  Like orange, she thinks Lai Dai points the way to a better State, and she is strongly anti-Ishukone.

She's also fairly strongly Sani-Sabik-aligned, though not to Omir Sarikusa's sect.  But that's a sekrit! :D

Dakki, on the other hand, is mildly loyal to the Intaki Syndicate, and little else.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #20 on: 09 Feb 2011, 10:24 »

Very strong.

And always to the Intaki.

Whether actively involved in the separatist movement (ILF) as Bataav, or the older, ex-activist turned corp CEO (while still pro-secession) who wants Intaki to prosper as Teutonii I can't imagine RPing any other faction. Two of Teutonii's corp employees are me too, but they will develop to be extremely loyal to Teutonii and so will probably mirror his own pro Intaki sentiments to varying degrees too despite being Jin-Mei and Brutor.

In fact as a player I wish the Intaki Assembly was an actual NPC I could mission for.

Bataav's loyalties mirror my own, and so his top 5 are:

1. The people of Intaki.
2. Even split between the ILF itself and the Secessionist dream. While other pro secessionist groups might pop up Bataav is ILF through and through, because of...
3. His Suresha, Saxon Hawke and to a lesser extent the rest of his corp mates.
4. Ishukone.
5. Mordu's Legion.

There was recently a topic on the ILF's forums which involved Bataav's Suresha Saxon discussing actively flying on active patrol with others in the corp and I realised... what if Saxon lost his ship? RP-wise I could imagine the IC impact on the fleet morale (OOC we'd all get on with the battle at hand of course, no offense Saxon :P). I realised that in such a situation, if game mechanics were to allow it, Bataav would be throwing his ship between the enemy fire and Saxon, RPing the sacrifice of his own crew so that his Suresha survived. Of course in the life of a capsuleer even being podded isn't the end of it all, it's more an inconvenience but I'm aware of the potential bragging rights it would give so those dastardly piratey types we get in our neck of the woods  :s /me shakes his fist.

With Ishukone, I'd like to see the storyline between the Assembly and Ishukone develop over time. I think there's potential there for some interesting stuff in both the Federation and State.

Mordu's Legion is a bit of a plot spoiler for Bataav, but I'd like him to become involved more with the Legion as he tries to find his father. (All part of Bataav's background which is in the ILF forums and probably needs to be posted on Backstage to make sense to people who can't access it right now - note to self made...)
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #21 on: 09 Feb 2011, 11:21 »

I have a Cartel jolly roger as my desktop background, how's that for loyalty?  :yar:
The Guristas Associates tattoo on the small of my back, Guristas skull on my right hip, and both Korako Kosakami and Jirai Laitanen's names tatooed in Japanese on my shoulder. <_<
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Mebrithiel

• My main is my falcon alt ♥
  • Egger
  • A wild Meb approaches!
    • Blood Inquisition
« Reply #22 on: 09 Feb 2011, 11:39 »

If you think Meb's a blooder, then you've got a lot to learn  :twisted:

Me personally, I love the Bloods. I quite like a lot of factions tbh:

Blood Raider Covenant
Sansha
Thukker
Gal Fed (mostly the security service)
Gurista
SOE
EOM
Khanid

Makes RP'ing Meb so much easier: She's a faction to herself...

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 09 Feb 2011, 22:59 »

When I first got into the game, I found myself drawn in the direction of Intaki RP.  I have a tendency to gravitate towards the neglected/repressed minority types in games.  As I grew in my knowledge of the factions, relationships, and rivalries of the EVE tapestry, however, it became Mordu's that I found the most interest in.  Like Myrhial's early experience, this does come with a lack of like-minded folks to collaborate with, but on the other hand gives me a great deal of freedom in exploring possibilities without running into a wall of preconceived notions.

As a natural result of those interests, I'd say I've developed a "loyalty" to the liberal Caldari factional bloc.  This has taken shape in the creation of IPREX (Ishukone Prosperity Exchange), my contribution and interpretation of the Ishukone/Intaki arc.  However, I do have my bets hedged a bit and have thought of some possible responses to what might happen it turns out the connections there are nefarious in some way.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 10 Feb 2011, 04:34 »

Could I play another faction? Yes.

In practice, though, my main faction soaks up my gametime quite nicely. I could -- and very occasionally do -- play a character from a different part of the spectrum for a short stint of something hard and different.

There's another factor, though, that affects what I'd be willing to play. There are limits to the sorts of behaviours and patterns of thought that I want to practise and bed in. The things that I do regularly -- in game or not -- eventually, in some way, condition my real approaches and responses. Short visits to exotic psyches are illuminating: long postings mean I need to ask myself whether I really want to take on some of the habits of thought or worldview that I'm playing, and consider that when I choose whether to stay. That's got a lot to do with the character, but since I prefer to "play to the core" and play "typical" characters it's also affected by the faction's cultural milieu.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #25 on: 10 Feb 2011, 05:50 »

I personally couldn't ever truly get my head into another Factions RP other than my Khanid/Amarr RP, specifically Math and his deep connections to both - I have a Caldari and Minmatar alt but I have never really gotten into their factional specifics more than just a general character base that I can do some light RP with, unlike Math'ra who has a deep and long history with his loyalties that are very prominent when poked.

As such, his loyalties are something like.

-Hitome Kei, Fiancee
-Mashtori
-Khanid Kingdom (Not specifically the king)
-TheHiede family.
-Khanid Provincial Vanguard
-
-
-
-Amarrian Empire

Its noticable that he places Hitome above anything else, basically because he loves her so deeply - that and he values the life that two imortals can have over any short-lived gains that an Empire might have, the Mashtori because they are his adopted family now and then the Kingdom - but specifically not the king, this is in part due to his Mashtori affiliations and largely because he knows leaders die and change.

As for the Empire, which he has such a deep and tumultious history, he pretty much hates it right now - the amount of hypocrasy and corrupted ideals and general stupidity he sees has driven him away from it, his focus for that in the Capsule is now PIE  - with whom he would more than like to reduce to little piles of slag if he had the chance.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #26 on: 10 Feb 2011, 05:58 »

Not that strong, I think.  Simon is pretty loyal to the Federation, for a whole host of reasons, some of them sinister (dum dum daaaaaah).  Me?  Not so much, and to be honest, I'm not that into it anymore.  When I first started playing, just after building Simon, I started looking around at the world and, after a couple of years, I'm ready for something else.  I think I like ORE  :eek:  But I'll always be a Duvolle fanatic in my heart of hearts.
Formerly Simon Coal.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #27 on: 10 Feb 2011, 09:30 »

The Guristas Associates tattoo on the small of my back, Guristas skull on my right hip, and both Korako Kosakami and Jirai Laitanen's names tatooed in Japanese on my shoulder. <_<

:eek:

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #28 on: 10 Feb 2011, 10:33 »

Rodj is pretty much Amarr until he dies. 

I certainly can't imagine him flying for any other faction.

Within the Empire though, it's a bit more nuanced.   When it comes to internal divisions he's the sort of person to side with whoever he thinks the winner will be.

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #29 on: 10 Feb 2011, 11:45 »

Ethan has pretty simple loyalties :

1) Selfless loyalty to Kyoko Sakoda, he'd happily be permanently be killed to ensure she was safe.
2) Veto Corp, in which he always acts for the betterment of the corporation, over any one person.
3) The Guristas, who's cause he will support until the bitter end.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5