Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Leaf...New Interests...  (Read 2762 times)

Mynxee

• Wormhole Wanderer
  • Clonejack
  • Lost in space, looking for sigs...
    • Signal Cartel | EvE-Scout Enclave
New Leaf...New Interests...
« on: 28 Jun 2015, 19:54 »

Greetings everyone,

When I returned to my spaceships in April of last year after a multi-year absence, I found myself uninspired by life as an outlaw. Instead, exploration captivated me as never before. So I began wandering the stars in search of...something. In Thera, I met the two pilots responsible for the EvE-Scout service. After some time, we began to plan an exploration-centric corporation with a culture based on a credo that advocates peacefulness, respect, and generosity with expertise and knowledge...among other tenets. Signal Cartel launched on January 31 this year and now we find ourselves with a large population of explorers, many of whom are quite interested in the lore and RP. I never thought I would be one such, but with the advent of Caroline's Star and all that followed, I am drawn more and more into the lore. Perhaps as a natural follow-on, I find myself also quite interested in the RP side of the game.

Mark726 mentioned Backstage during a chat one evening. So here I am dipping a toe in, a little unsure of the waters, but fascinated by the sunlight sparkling on the ripples! I look forward to learning more about RP and participating here.

I'm happy to answer any questions and welcome all advice.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: New Leaf...New Interests...
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2015, 21:06 »

Oh dear. The bitterest of bittervets returns - a former CSM member!

Well, welcome to our little corner. You're of course welcome to toss any questions you may have in our direction; other than that - hello from another wormhole dweller!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:29 »

*Throws a snowball at Mynxee*

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2015, 03:12 »

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

Welcome!
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2015, 03:36 »

Wonderful to meet you.

Feel free to write up a character description and post it here.

There are lots of IC arguments happening in the Intergalactic Summit. As you're interested in Drifters, you might want to know about them warping 100 battleships to a player-made RP event.

If you're more sciencey minded, here is Hilen Tukoss neural tissue sample analysis. Hilen Tukoss was one of the first capsuleers to face a Drifter (he lost.) Interestingly, the DED wanted the remains, which led to much drama
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Mynxee

• Wormhole Wanderer
  • Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2015, 05:41 »

@Esna: My bitter is all gone, thanks to Signal Cartel and the good things happening in (and to) EVE.

@Mizhir: Hugs to you too!

@ Makkal: Much obliged for the suggestions...I have been following the Drifter and Tukoss developments closely all along. How could one not?! Fascinating stuff. Thanks also for the character description link...I am kicking myself a bit right now for not saving some of the Mynxee backstory posts from my defunt blog. But at least I can start with a framework in mind...
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2015, 06:41 by Mynxee »

Valadeus

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2015, 10:38 »

First, welcome to Backstage!

Second, welcome to the wonderful (and dangerous) world of RP!

Third, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's a lot to learn and there's some governance from PF and lore but ultimately a lot of it has been built by RPers and we're always excited to share what excites us about the game with others who are delving into it.

I look forward to seeing you around and maybe, just maybe, RPing with you. :)

Nissui

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jun 2015, 11:11 »

Welcome! (Back?)
 :cup:

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jun 2015, 11:16 »

Ah, lucky to be able to come back like that!

Regarding your blog posts: It might not save images, but have you tried to use the various web archive services to see if you can access older versions of the blog page?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jun 2015, 11:33 »

Hello!

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jun 2015, 13:57 »

Welcome back...stage.
For some reason, I've always thought you were a roleplayer.
-OOChé

Daneo Mistry

• Just your average guy....
  • Clonejack
  • As we dance among the stars.
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jun 2015, 16:40 »

o/ Hey Boss.

Quintrala

• Speed Fairy
  • Wetgraver
  • Summer is coming
    • Speed Fairy Blog
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jun 2015, 18:27 »

Hi Mynxeeeeee!

Fancy seeing you here  :D

Q

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #13 on: 29 Jun 2015, 19:21 »

Welcome.  :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Mynxee

• Wormhole Wanderer
  • Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 29 Jun 2015, 20:44 »

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

@Esna, the Wayback Machine has a couple of pages archived but could not find archives anywhere. It's okay...I think my IC posts were somewhat off the top of my head. Now I'm going to sit down and create an actual timeline of Mynxee's life and then write stories based on her recollections that are inspired by current activities/events. It will be more cohesive that way.

@Ché: I've always felt as if I am in character, in game, for the most part. But I've never taken to the level of consistency and detail that you pros do...that said, in the laziest possible example of roleplaying, Mynxee is mostly me except she is somewhat broken emotionally due to her past and also is much younger and better looking :P

@Quin: Hi!!!! I was just telling someone about you and the racing league in the last week or so. *hugs*

Pages: [1] 2