Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That some Gallente swear by Fortune?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pirates no more?  (Read 3017 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Pirates no more?
« Reply #30 on: 08 Mar 2013, 10:58 »

"I am sure all the Empires do illegal research" is not viable because IIRC there is no known PF source to say they do, while we know that the Serpentis at least constantly develop new drugs and boosters that are declared illegal for good reasons. They don't give a shit - other people's misery is their profit.

In fairness to Tabor, 2 of the 7 epic arcs involve shifty research operations; one is outright stated to be hidden in nullsec so CONCORD doesn't see it, the other is merely hinted as something it'd be better the Chief Executive Panel doesn't find out about. While I'm generally loathe to accept missions as PF and the epic arcs still share some gameplay/storyline issues with "normal" missions, I do think the sheer amount of effort put into the Epic Arcs suggest we should accept them as having happened -at some point-.

That said, on the other points I tend to agree with you. As I said in my earlier posts, the reason the Big 4 have managed to settle down is that they have all put aside some tendencies that do not generally make for good neighbors; we have yet to see any of the "pirate factions" being remotely willing to do the same.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
Re: Pirates no more?
« Reply #31 on: 08 Mar 2013, 12:09 »

Regarding the drugs thing. In game items limit the selection of narcotic substances to I believe 12 items. The Amarr Empire developed and produces two of those; Vitoc and Blue Paradise. So from the limited cross section of drugs we have available in game, The Empire produces 1/6th.

That said, we get that some people don't like the pirate factions. I don't think this discussion is trying to determine which if any are good, it's to discuss to possible feasibility of them becoming sovereign entities. My position is that any of the factions large enough to hold a section of space permanently, to develop that space and able to project military force against their opponents, could become a sovereign entity. It's unlikely though, precisely because of the reasons Bloodbird and others have listed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]