Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aldrith Shutaq was once court poet and author in the service of the Etranhi Holders on Mishi IV? Read more here.

Author Topic: [Character] Dessau  (Read 638 times)

Dessau

[Character] Dessau
« on: 02 Mar 2014, 05:01 »

CONCORD DED Public Capsuleer Datasheet

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Name: Bas-Aschense Niscoir Grancoeur
DED Callsign: Dessau
Blood Type: O+
Height: 177 cm
Weight: 71 kg
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Gold
Political Alignment: Unknown
Date of Birth: YC 80.7.25
Place of Birth: Ekuenbiron VI

DED Charges:
> Transport of contraband military hardware
> Sale of contraband military hardware

DED Threat Assessment: Low
Notes: Limited scope of operations, assets currently frozen

Personality Assessment:
Subject is considered a versatile personality, observant and intelligent. He is known to use various techniques of deceit and social engineering to expose sensitive information in his dealings with his targets. May have little regard for collateral damage or well-being of bystanders.

Physical Assessment:
Subject is athletic and has undergone training in unarmed close-quarters combat, in addition to the Gallente-developed series of escape techniques known as ‘déplacement’. Highly capable in open urban environments.

Background:
Once known as Niscoir Grancoeur. The name is now mostly meaningless, as the farming family attached to it is no longer officially extant. Most family records were sealed or destroyed preemptively to prevent a potential compromise of the agent. As is typical with FIO operatives, members of immediate family are put into protective programs which include ID changes and permanent alterations to public, medical, and associated records. Only the most cursory biological and background data can be accessed reliably.

CONCORD DED Classified Dossier ((Available with Security Connections 4+))

[spoiler]There are a handful of sealed interviews related to the agent’s clearance application, conducted with his parents, siblings, and surrounding family members. What scattered interpersonal communications do exist suggest a talented individual, a thoughtful and considerate mind which was keen to appreciate nuance. However, much of the information regarding the primary and secondary schooling is lost. A few related communications which have escaped deletion exist, most of which are exchanges between school officials, psychologists, and social workers. They sketch a rough outline of a youth who was clever, had difficulty socializing with his peers, becoming withdrawn and manipulative of his classmates as a result. It is unknown if there were disciplinary measures as a result of any unscrupulous behavior.

The appreciation of subtle workings would not go unnoticed when university entrance examination came about. Not only did he qualify the highest undergraduate introductory courses in every department, but during his physical examination it was discovered that he was a potential capsule candidate. While the family did not have the means for the capsuleer course of study, through a series of well-crafted communications with the UC Bursar's Office, he was able to work with the University to secure financial assistance with the payment of his education and acclimation fees.

While in his second year at the University of Caille in YC110, the pilot who would soon come to be designated Dessau was approached by recruiters from the Presidential Office of Internal Security who extended an offer: they would assume responsibility for the balance due on all tuition and loan repayments for the duration of his education if he agreed to set aside his personal agenda and enter special service upon graduation. Seeing this as an opportunity to go beyond the boundaries of a standard education, he entered into the agreement. (Ed: it is not yet known what connection this Internal Security directive may have had with the Emergency Integrity Commission, but given the outcome with this agent, it is unlikely they represented any of the FIO internal investigations divisions created by Foiritan after the Luminaire invasion that same year, including the SDII.)

In late YC 112, he completed his standard capsuleer curriculum with solid marks, and was immediately placed on loan to the Federation Navy for a period of 38 weeks for their battery of enlistment training programs. Thereafter came a series of briefings with FIO handlers who issued his designation and new directive: facilitate improved tribal relations with the Sebiestor residing in Verge Vendor through the exchange of technical information. After a period of 2 weeks he had developed his action plan: appealing to the anti-Amarr sentiments along the border zones of the empire, he would enlist Sebiestor technicians and capsuleers into a program to develop special ship configurations specifically suited to guerilla operations against the Amarr, codenamed Operation Wayfarer. FIO would fund the project, and the Sebiestor would enhance the strike capability against their ancestral enemies. FIO approved the project, and two months later, in YC 113, Titans Test Team was born.

The venture was a mixed success. The application of Sebiestor engineering and design ingenuity to Gallente capsuleer weapon and defense systems produced some noteworthy results, but were hampered by the inability of the Minmatar recruits to capitalize fully on the battle grid. Still, Dessau was able to develop some capable combat pilots whose loyalty to the joint Federation/Republic venture was commendable. (Ed: Those pilots are detailed in the dossiers that follow.)

What successes they did experience as a training and technical development corporation were not meant to last, however, as the corporate leadership became increasingly interested in pushing the scope of operations into the nearby warzones sanctioned by the CEMWPA, impacting both Caldari Navy and Federal Defence Union assets and ultimately proving too costly to the Federation to continue. Despite repeated warnings, the Team failed or refused to call back operations, and all official FIO support was cut off. When informed of the dissolution of the funding for his project, Dessau gutted his personal coffers and transferred all the assets through a network of holding entities in Republic space. He placed the namesake corporation in the care of one of the now-defunct program’s administrators, and ducked into anonymity amongst the millions of employees of The Scope.

His activities during this window are unknown, though it is known that the hiatus lasted exactly one year. In YC 114 he emerged from obscurity to form another entity of seemingly similar operational capability to Titans Test Team. His stated aim as the CEO of Phaeornis Asymmetrics was to maximize the capability of frigate-class vessels with wholly conventional electronic systems in guerrilla operations within the CEMWPA theatre, specifically targeting sanctioned combatants of every allegiance in faction warfare. FIO did commit some resources to ascertaining the scope and effectiveness of his organizations’ capabilities, but soon found that there were no significant advances made.

The activity of the corporation has since subsided, with personnel scattering to seek other ventures. FIO continues to seek information with regard to the whereabouts and activities of this subject.[/spoiler]

((Apologies in advance, this attempt at a bio turned into a drunken ramble. If this is a hackneyed sort of Gallente archetype, I'll try to develop something else later.

If it's suitable enough, I'll try to clean it up over the next day or so.))

((Edit 1: Some updated annotations and clean-up.))

((Edit 2: Adding link to background story thread - http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=5799.0))
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2014, 23:35 by Dessau »

Dessau

Re: [Character] Dessau
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2014, 23:51 »

PROJECT TEARDOWN ASSET: Retain for further use

(Ed. Reconstructed slideshow file from GalNet mail archive, originally queued via Neocom planner for automatic delivery to Ligne Estemaire on 21 August YC 115.)

You wanted some info on the team involved, I can give you the basics here and we can discuss the rest when we meet. If you receive this before the 21st, the meeting is off. I’ll contact you.

Seneun
[spoiler][/spoiler]

HUMINT, arguably my better in that regard. He was picked as my number two by Louess and Schoun, so I came into the relationship blind.

The dossier on him was pretty sparse, but at least they didn’t insult me by faking something more extensive. Military background, well-educated, top of his class. High intelligence. Didn’t take long to build a rapport. Still not sure if I ever fully trusted him… perhaps a character flaw on my part.

Sen became the de facto gatekeeper, ran primary background on potential recruits, interviews, that sort of thing. If he liked them, he gave me an up-or-down option, and if not, I never heard about them. Sometimes a recruit didn’t work out… I prefer to think it was my error, not his.

Once recruits were in place, I handled most of the brief while he took on the debrief, and it was a good system. An XO that left very little room for worry.

Cisol
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cisol and I were together during his basic training, after I graduated UC and was sent by Louess and Schoun to FNA for their ‘skills enrichment program’. We got along well, though he was maybe a bit less collected than myself. Easy read, emotionally, very committed to the ideals of the Federation, but surprisingly un-Hawkish. Always up for a whisky off-duty.

He had great technical skill in the capsule, and command of the fundamentals. Natural choice as instructor for the recruits. He’d meet with the techs, get a rundown on the new configuration, and tell the jockeys exactly what to expect. I think they probably liked him better than anybody, and I don’t blame them.

Laplamis
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Our first pick, probably the best in spite of the fact that she didn’t meet the primary criterion of being Sebiestor. Very smart, but quiet. Serious persona, cool and unruffled even in the frying pan. I think that distance may have made some of the others uncomfortable, but she was simply very much in command of her faculties. She was all business in the saddle.

More than the others, she had to work for it. At least that’s how I read it.

Helluger
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sensitive type, one of those who notice a dozen details upon setting foot in a room. It was the same during brief and debrief: she recognized the relationships, saw the imbalances of force, even finished our sentences. Weird gal, perhaps a little undersocialized, but perfect for the capsule.

I think the techs had a fancy for her, probably because they really push the envelope when it came to the project modifications, and she just figured how to compensate instinctively. Gave me cause to wonder if the suits were on to something with the whole Sebiestor thing.

Kainulf
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Loud and cocksure, worst kind of jockey for unit cohesion. The attitude usually subsided if you could ignore it long enough. When it came time for selection, Sen said his training record spoke for itself, plus he was very dedicated to proving his ‘preeminence among capsuleers’.

We gave him a shot and he stuck with it, surprisingly. Seemed to have a knack for getting inside his opponent’s head in a dogfight. For him, it wasn’t so much about the machine, it was about the unexpected twists in tactics. He just liked having to break it in all over again, to get the ship to do what he wanted in an otherwise predictable encounter.

Voixy
[spoiler][/spoiler]

SIGINT, our eye on the sky, as it were. Another pick handed to us by the suits, probably due to her distinct lack of interest in the project. On loan from the Navy, she was discreet and could almost conceal her disappointment with being assigned to the backwater edge of Verge Vendor.

V. Gesakaarin

Re: [Character] Dessau
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2014, 04:35 »

Shady FIO backgrounds are the best backgrounds.  :cube:

I like the concept: subtle and well developed. Especially the inclusion of the supporting characters for potential future development and storytelling for personal arcs (If that was the intention). Personally, I've always thought the idea of using "support characters" with capsuleers a good background choice as it can give a lot of options and depth. It also makes sense to me, having people you know and trust around as a capsuleer -- especially as they can provide things like skills and knowledge your capsuleer character might not have.

Very nice.