Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Both Black Ops and Titans create artificial wormholes with their respective jump portal generators?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: HELLO THERE!  (Read 3922 times)

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Re: HELLO THERE!
« Reply #30 on: 26 Jun 2012, 13:20 »

Oh I see. Do they have swords in New Eden? I'd expect them to. Though automatic weapons work too...

It's hard to get a grasp on the degree of diversity in New Eden, partly because it's almost always downplayed. This might be because there's only been 20,000 years or so for the original colonists who went through to branch out into different cultures. On the other hand, look at how much our cultures here on earth have developed in the last 4,000 years or so.

Another way to look at it: There are thousands of star systems in New Eden. There are tens of thousands of planets. You're familiar with the WH 40K universe, I would expect a level of diversity something like that - you have ocean worlds, you have volcanic worlds. You should have jungle planets except that CCP decided not to render any of the temperate worlds like there, but they should have *fistshake*. It's a big cluster (or a bit clusterfuck) and if you can imagine it, and it's semi-reasonable from a science standpoint, it probably exists.

Pet dinosaurs are fun. <.<   >.>

Luya Oknor

• Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 26 Jun 2012, 13:54 »

Oh I see. Do they have swords in New Eden? I'd expect them to. Though automatic weapons work too...

It's hard to get a grasp on the degree of diversity in New Eden, partly because it's almost always downplayed. This might be because there's only been 20,000 years or so for the original colonists who went through to branch out into different cultures. On the other hand, look at how much our cultures here on earth have developed in the last 4,000 years or so.

Another way to look at it: There are thousands of star systems in New Eden. There are tens of thousands of planets. You're familiar with the WH 40K universe, I would expect a level of diversity something like that - you have ocean worlds, you have volcanic worlds. You should have jungle planets except that CCP decided not to render any of the temperate worlds like there, but they should have *fistshake*. It's a big cluster (or a bit clusterfuck) and if you can imagine it, and it's semi-reasonable from a science standpoint, it probably exists.

Pet dinosaurs are fun. <.<   >.>

That's an excellent way to describe it. lol.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #32 on: 26 Jun 2012, 16:44 »

Where is Ken's Hitchhiker's Guide already ? It is required.

Luya Oknor

• Clonejack
« Reply #33 on: 26 Jun 2012, 17:07 »

Where is Ken's Hitchhiker's Guide already ? It is required.

Is that any different? :O

Lyn Farel

« Reply #34 on: 26 Jun 2012, 17:21 »

Luya Oknor

• Clonejack
« Reply #35 on: 26 Jun 2012, 17:27 »

Oh my, thank you!

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran