Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Slaver-hounds aren't a type of dog? For more information see here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: HELLO THERE!  (Read 3920 times)

Jev North

Re: HELLO THERE!
« Reply #15 on: 26 Jun 2012, 09:55 »

This sort of piracy annoys me quite a bit, too, so I'm just kicking myself for not noticing in the hurry of sneak-posting from work.

The spaceships sort of piracy is pretty cool, and everyone should do more of it.  :yar:

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 26 Jun 2012, 10:26 »

OOoooooo, new people! (Also a fellow Warsie!)

Welcome!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Luya Oknor

• Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 26 Jun 2012, 10:30 »

I've finished that primer. Thus far I really enjoy the EVE universe. It's bigger than silly little WoW's. I hope that some RP aspects flow into DUST eventually, which I am pretty certain that they will. Anyways, now I need to figure out my character and how exactly he became a soldier, which I am sure finishing Templar One will help (even if it is bad, midichlorian-level canon, it's still canon). Also need to figure out the timeline. What's the current YC date?
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2012, 10:32 by Luya Oknor »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #18 on: 26 Jun 2012, 11:17 »

YC114

Basically our date +2 is how I remember it.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Luya Oknor

• Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 26 Jun 2012, 11:31 »

Okay, and another thing. Are there any lifeforms in this universe, like wild animals and predators? I'd like to write my first fiction piece from the POV of ordinary soldiers in the year YC92.

That being said, what are the most dangerous planets? And am I allowed to make up a planet for the sake of story?
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2012, 11:38 by Luya Oknor »

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jun 2012, 11:40 »

As for specific planets I couldn't tell ya, they all seem potentially deadly to me, but there's a whole wiki section on Flora and Fauna!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #21 on: 26 Jun 2012, 11:46 »

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=1634.0

You will want this. A PF guide about the Federation, but has loads of Caldari history as well and is a very good read even if you don't play as either toons.

As for animals, there are plenty. Fedos, hanging long-limb, furriers (sp?) Slaver hounds and more.

A little bit of nit-picking from a long-time acid-bitter veteran; (of many games, actually) I would make the claim that WoW and EVE have comparable levels of debt and quantity when it comes to PF and back-story. Sadly, with the coming of wow and the milking-cow concept Blizzard took a major dump on their own PF in the name of profit. While there are many things about WoW and the lore I liked (Draenei and the High-Elf history among them) most of the story and 'interest' can be found in their older games - Warcraft 1,2 and 3.

I'd also make the claim that the severe lack of good RP (I played on a well-known RP server, perhaps THE RP server) and the proliferation of fuckingERPprickswhomshouldburninhell is due a general age-difference - EVE Online's average player age is considerably higher. That is a fact, take from it what you will.

Anyhow, Bottom line is while your likely to find better 'quality' RP in EVE than WoW, in EVE this can be somewhat hard to find - most RP'ers are sadly more isolated in their 'RP-bubbles' (discussions abound about the RP in EVE all over these boards, you can easily see for yourself) and interactions with one-another - at least publicly visible - is not nearly as common as intra-group engagements. As you get more involved in RP and your 'group' you will come to see how this... well, works - an how it all flows with other RP'ers in this game.

Anyhow enough from me. Welcome to Backstage, I'll get around to getting you a PDW at some point if you need it. The cute and fluffy one's are usually safe(er) around here. :twisted: ;)

Luya Oknor

• Clonejack
« Reply #22 on: 26 Jun 2012, 11:54 »

I have sadly never played Warcraft 1 and 2 (watched somebody play 1 for a bit). I loved 3 and The Frozen Throne, though.

And what is a PDW?  :eek: Also thank you for the flora/fauna page! And the Gallente PDF. These'll help a bunch.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #23 on: 26 Jun 2012, 12:01 »

And what is a PDW?  :eek: Also thank you for the flora/fauna page! And the Gallente PDF. These'll help a bunch.

Personal defense weapon. And don't hesitate to make up your own planet-specific lifeforms! It's a big cluster, after all.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #24 on: 26 Jun 2012, 12:01 »

And what is a PDW?  :eek:

Personal Defense Weapon, iirc. This is Bloodbird who mentioned it, after all. :p
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Luya Oknor

• Clonejack
« Reply #25 on: 26 Jun 2012, 12:18 »

Oh I see. Do they have swords in New Eden? I'd expect them to. Though automatic weapons work too...

Ilsenae Alexandros

• Adjutant of the Wiyrkomi Honor Guard
  • Clonejack
  • Tea Maker
    • Eskeitanen Wiyrkomi Kaashivon

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #27 on: 26 Jun 2012, 12:58 »

Oh I see. Do they have swords in New Eden? I'd expect them to. Though automatic weapons work too...

I kind of forgot, I don't hand out many weapons these days, I'm more into bodyguards. Yours just arrived.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"

Luya Oknor

• Clonejack
« Reply #29 on: 26 Jun 2012, 13:19 »

I kind of forgot, I don't hand out many weapons these days, I'm more into bodyguards. Yours just arrived.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This will do. We shall cut a swathe through our enemies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3