Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lai Dai megacorporation has far ranging interests, is one of the foremost research companies in the cluster, and has strong links to the Khanid Kingdom?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Character issue: is this godmoding?  (Read 6825 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Re: Character issue: is this godmoding?
« Reply #45 on: 22 May 2013, 09:50 »

Kyoko:

I agree, for the most part, and will be kind of surprised if it goes the other way. But, yeah-- good thing to ask the GM about.

Makkal:

Aw, he's not that bad. ^_^ Tarquin's just an IC literal bittervet with some lingering baseliner attitudes. The main reason he isn't exactly a "creature of this world" is because he's not yet well-adjusted to being kinda-sorta immortal. He's a grizzled old war dog who's seen way more than his share of death and is having difficulty wrapping his brain around the fact that his work now routinely involves both allies and enemies who employ tactics that are so damned reckless with their own lives.

Sudden elevation to demigodhood takes some getting used to.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #46 on: 22 May 2013, 18:04 »

I'll be giving neo-Aria a rest until I can stay logged in a little more reliably[..]
:lol: This seems to happen sometimes when Ché feels like talking to her.
Perhaps we can come up with an approach that doesn't mean having to retcon the whole shebang.
If it comes to this...perhaps neo-aria isn't Aria after all. :twisted: Don't know if this is possible, but I thought I'd throw it out here. Feel free to brainstorm about possible solutions with me, I can be creative.
-OOChé

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: 23 May 2013, 18:52 »

If it comes to this...perhaps neo-aria isn't Aria after all. :twisted: Don't know if this is possible, but I thought I'd throw it out here. Feel free to brainstorm about possible solutions with me, I can be creative.

Possibly; I'd considered the option. There's a variety of possibilities.

In any case, the query's in, and I don't have an answer yet. I'll give it a week from time of sending and see. If I have no answer back by then, I'll presume validation until proven otherwise.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #48 on: 24 May 2013, 06:02 »

Make Aria a very nasty, baaad criminal in the eyes of CONCORD by somehow cloning her when the old body is actually not dead. Of course the new Aria doesn't want to die.

And voila.

Not sure if it solves the main issue though.

Mhh.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 24 May 2013, 10:53 »

Actually, screw it. I've got a better idea.

le*ga*cy cha*rac*ter, n.: a fictional character based on or inspired by a previous, usually departed, character, often an apprentice or direct descendant of the original.

Easy to pull off, in this case.

/emote reaches for a copy of "Cyrano de Bergerac."

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #50 on: 24 May 2013, 11:05 »

The Dread Pirate Jenneth?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #51 on: 24 May 2013, 11:11 »

Actually, screw it. I've got a better idea.

le*ga*cy cha*rac*ter, n.: a fictional character based on or inspired by a previous, usually departed, character, often an apprentice or direct descendant of the original.

Easy to pull off, in this case.

/emote reaches for a copy of "Cyrano de Bergerac."

I would hope you only apply this *if* they say that what you've done isn't legit.

Morwen (and I) missed chatting with Aria quite a bit. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: 24 May 2013, 11:51 »

The Dread Pirate Jenneth?
I would hope you only apply this *if* they say that what you've done isn't legit.

Morwen (and I) missed chatting with Aria quite a bit. :P

Oh, Aria's not likely to go "poof" entirely, but conversations with Aria are likely to involve talking less to the pirate and more to the parrot. I've wanted for a while to try somebody a little less self-indulgent-- and if I get a positive reaction back, I can take that as a go-ahead for future shenanigans.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #53 on: 25 May 2013, 00:48 »

Aww :( I'll miss having another spiritual Achura sort about.

Do what you think best, though.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 25 May 2013, 09:18 »

Actually, I'm still on the fence a little on this subject. The temptation might just be my impatience with waiting-- and having my RP on hold in the meanwhile.

... And actually, that's the last thing you'd need to worry about losing, Gwen, for reasons that should become apparent if I decide to go the legacy character route.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #55 on: 25 May 2013, 13:04 »

I'll just gently remind you that Aria promised to have a glass of wine with Nata.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: 25 May 2013, 17:51 »

I'll just gently remind you that Aria promised to have a glass of wine with Nata.

Consider me reminded.

It may have to be a virtual glass of cyber-wine. We'll see how the check plays out.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #57 on: 26 May 2013, 00:26 »

Actually, I'm still on the fence a little on this subject. The temptation might just be my impatience with waiting-- and having my RP on hold in the meanwhile.

... And actually, that's the last thing you'd need to worry about losing, Gwen, for reasons that should become apparent if I decide to go the legacy character route.

Well, don't rush into anything. I know the feeing of having a character which you have a great passion for that you can't play, and who's fate seems uncertain (though usually due to in game reasons rather then meta ones) and the desire to just sweep that unpleasant limbo-esque anxiety aside and make a fresh start at once.

But at the end of the day, it's better to think about if it's just a half measure you're trying to convince yourself will solve things that you might feel trapped by later and have to retcon, or if you really do think a do-over might be genuinely more fun.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: 26 May 2013, 08:45 »

Sage advice, Gwen-- and it's true, the hardest part of this has been holding off on proceeding with a character who's frankly quite important to me. Impatience can really cause problems.

Happily, I've hit on a solution that should turn out fine regardless of outcome. I hope you'll excuse me if I don't spill the details.

(CCP Falcon and Eterne, if you're listening, I still very badly want that answer. Schrodinger's cat is not a happy animal.)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #59 on: 28 May 2013, 11:03 »

The only real problem with this idea would be the supposed 'waste' of an asset as considered by the Empire(s) involved in the process. Remember that the "genetic lottery" that allows Capsuleers to be Capsuleers don't ACTUALLY allow them to fly a capsule - it just let them DISCONNECT AND GET OUT without turning into a vegetable locked up inside their own numb bodies.

There would be no problem at all for any Empire cruel enough to pull any random Joe and Joeline off the streets, kit them out with the proper implants and theoretical training then put them in a pod and let them STAY there forever. Sure, they would be little more than organic batteries running the pods and would die for good when someone pods them, (puts them out of their misery) but that's when you grab a few more random dudes and enslave them to a pod for the rest of their time as well.

Far as the Capuleer to Duster transision goes, AFAIK there is nothing special about the Dusties that makes it a niche thing, like the Capsuleers. Anyone can be trained and modded to become a Dustie - even Capsuleers, I'd think - you just can't reverse the process and losing someone that has the rather hard-to-come-by ability to enter and leave a pod at will without mind-lock would be considered a HUGE waste, because as stated, anyone can be a dustie, but not everyone can be a "true" Capsuleer.

If I'm wrong about this then the *edit* whorewhole *edit* thing goes out the window ofc, but if I'm right nothing says "Aria can't convert to a dustie" but lots say "Aria converting to a dustie would be a huge waste of skills and abilities" - provided ofc that Aria herself give a shit, and I'm assuming here she don't :)
« Last Edit: 31 May 2013, 07:41 by BloodBird »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5