Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ammatars regard themselves as the true rulers of the Minmatars? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: New Faction Contacts and you! Everyone loves mail; send them some.  (Read 7633 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

I would love to go all ga-ga over our new contact, but I have no idea what to tell him.

Similar here. While I think it's great to have those contacts, I really don't see why suddenly we all should write 'our' respective contact just because we can. Unless I have nothing important to tell them I'm sure they will appreciate that they don't have to tell with some content-lacking letter that has been written simply because "everyone loves mail". ;P

Going from 0 back and forth and 0 contact with our factions to  dozens of IC contacts to interact with, I think is a generally good thing.

If your character has nothing to discuss with an IC representative of the factions you support or oppose that's just fine, but I think it's a lovely opportunity.

Not all contact need be earth-shattering developments or dire communications.  Sometimes a friendly hello just to build a repore can be worthwhile.

Yeah, me and the angel actor basically just talked about random stuff, with Saede( and me) trying to avoid fangirl gushing too much.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"

They added a Quafe contact.

Alright, who is the weirdo that declared loyalty to Quafe?  :s

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!

Did someone say Sanshavision?

The very model of a British Minmatarian

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Where we're going. You won't need eyes to see.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

Well, corp leaders obviously have more sway with the actors as they can offer a large amount of aid to the contacts. A CEO can also delegate responsibility to other members, and inform the contact about who can offer what. For example, Mitara is contacting all of the Amarr contacts on behalf of the corp and telling who to talk to for fleets, intel, ect.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

Quafe Loyalists!

Jev North

I believe we may have accidentally stumbled across ANSH's new new calling, Milo. B)

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"

Haha, turns out it's Muck Raker. Who else, really.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help

A Quafe contact?  Oh no. Oh, no no no no.

Must. Not. Interact.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

Must not, furiously dog hump the new Citizen.

But that semi-annual report is coming up...
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

I would love to go all ga-ga over our new contact, but I have no idea what to tell him.

Similar here. While I think it's great to have those contacts, I really don't see why suddenly we all should write 'our' respective contact just because we can. Unless I have nothing important to tell them I'm sure they will appreciate that they don't have to tell with some content-lacking letter that has been written simply because "everyone loves mail". ;P

Going from 0 back and forth and 0 contact with our factions to  dozens of IC contacts to interact with, I think is a generally good thing.

If your character has nothing to discuss with an IC representative of the factions you support or oppose that's just fine, but I think it's a lovely opportunity.

Not all contact need be earth-shattering developments or dire communications.  Sometimes a friendly hello just to build a repore can be worthwhile.

Yeah, me and the angel actor basically just talked about random stuff, with Saede( and me) trying to avoid fangirl gushing too much.

Well, if I look at the number of people directly and more importantly indirectly declaring loyalty to the bigger factions and I'm imagining everyone tries to talk some random stuff to 'build repore' it gets a lot of work, fast. Let's say that's per day a mail, each of which requires on avarage 5 minutes of attention from the actor, that is with 50 people (a conservative estimate, I think) writing one short mail per day 250 minutes a day: roughly 4 hours. With 100 people you can fill a work day of said actor, leaving no time for other activities but just friendly banter.

I think it's a good thing that probably not everyone in the corps declaring loyalty sends a mail a day to build repore. By no means I want to say with that that those people who engaged their respective actors should refrain from that, they are there for this as well and I'm sure they are able to manage their time. What I'm saying is merely that it is probably a good thing that not everyone is doing that.

I think there are good reasons not to contact them on a daily basis just to say 'hello'. I'll leave that to the corp/alliance leader.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile

What they are looking for here are the seeds for live events, no?

So if you can think of something that would lead to an event send it in. I've sent of a couple that would involve cargoes being shipped with transports to be protected along the way.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

What they are looking for here are the seeds for live events, no?

So if you can think of something that would lead to an event send it in. I've sent of a couple that would involve cargoes being shipped with transports to be protected along the way.

This ^

I'm attempting the same with Blood Raiders for the terrorizing of Imperials  :P

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!

So they need seeds? Very well, this I can provide.
Only thing I need is a couple of cups of coffee, english dictionary and a bit of free time, and I'll make a very super evil plan of world domination, or even two plans with some shenanigans. I'll write here if they work, that I will hope they do.
'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb' (Dark Helmet, Spaceballs)
*insert mad evil laugh here*

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

I hope they never create the ability to talk to, say, Jamyl Sarum.

80% of that inbox would be my cybersex attempts.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5