Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (The Burning Life, pp. 20,21)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Matari Tribalism?  (Read 4940 times)

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
Re: Matari Tribalism?
« Reply #30 on: 13 Apr 2012, 07:41 »

Anyhoos, hope that cleared things up a bit...

Yeah, it did.  I don't want to be too aggressive here, but it certainly shows that you're using a definition of tribe that isn't really developed from anthropology or sociology, and that uses metrics better suited to describing 'bands', as well as conflating the use of the word tribe in its sense of a governing unit with a colloquial use of the word tribe in its sense of a group of like-minded people.
Formerly Simon Coal.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 Apr 2012, 04:43 »

Or to quote a GM character in a RQ Larp "But who'll be King of Sartar when the Lunars are gone?" (cue instant in-fighting)

You are the coolest person.

Yes, I think you get "rich" in power by giving stuff away.

The coolest.

I've been blushing for days....

On an entirely unrelated note. I wonder if my preference for playing Humakti in Gloranthan set games has anything to do with my IC contempt for blooders and vampire fetishists?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #32 on: 15 Apr 2012, 13:55 »

On an entirely unrelated note. I wonder if my preference for playing Humakti in Gloranthan set games has anything to do with my IC contempt for blooders and vampire fetishists?

Dunno, but I think having switched my preferences from Humakti to Orlanthi for Herowars, That's definitely affected how I think about Matari stuff.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 Apr 2012, 16:12 »

Dunno, but I think having switched my preferences from Humakti to Orlanthi for Herowars, That's definitely affected how I think about Matari stuff.

Maybe we should import some of the customs? I can recall some PIEmen "singing" hymns at us on local. As I recall Orlanth uses some truly inspirational (e.g. dire) religious poetry.

A running joke that an entire sub-stream of Minmatar religious culture is a mis-remembered bit of game lore turned into legend?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.
Pages: 1 2 [3]