Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders have grandmothers? (The Burning Life)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: State of EVE RP - Visibility of RP  (Read 8939 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: State of EVE RP - Visibility of RP
« Reply #45 on: 29 Jan 2015, 10:28 »

There was, for a while, a site specifically designed for in-EVE browsing that used the ingame browser to give a secure login that would generate a page you could do rolls on. Anyone else could then get the page's URL and see the results of those rolls.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #46 on: 29 Jan 2015, 10:51 »

With the Minmatar, Ushra'Khan does events, albeit they rarely announce them in public. Dunno about other groups tho.

I did my Midsummer event this year; one other Minmatar  (my boyfriend, fyi) and about five non-matari showed up; no one from Gradient, no one from U'K, no one from anywhere. I advertised it for weeks, and have done it every year for three years.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #47 on: 29 Jan 2015, 10:54 »

Louella makes a very important point.

VISIBILITY IS ESSENTIAL

If you want people to interact with you, you must make your presence known, and you must do it in such a way people can interact with you. You must create 'points of interaction'

If you do the RP equivalent of lurking in a wormhole in a cloaked vessel is not going to get you anything.

The RP equivalent of sitting in an FW plex visible is better. Better still if you are not flying a Garmur.

The RP equivalent of an important Station timer is even better, because it *will* generate interaction.

So, please make your RP visible to others. And make your RP vulnerable and not Garmurish. You'll get more interaction.

A lot of RP conversations I do is over local or generally accessible channels, because it increase exposure and thereby opportunities for interaction.

What would you have me do to be more visible? Maybe put up billboards along freeways?

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #48 on: 29 Jan 2015, 11:14 »

With the Minmatar, Ushra'Khan does events, albeit they rarely announce them in public. Dunno about other groups tho.

I did my Midsummer event this year; one other Minmatar  (my boyfriend, fyi) and about five non-matari showed up; no one from Gradient, no one from U'K, no one from anywhere. I advertised it for weeks, and have done it every year for three years.
I think I was unsubbed at that time?  Havo would've shown up just for Drama and because he likes/respects Ava.  Her combat ability and her palpable frustration with the Republic's status quo have held Enkil Akheteru's attention for years (but you know that already, I think?).

Also, that sig.  omg lol

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #49 on: 29 Jan 2015, 11:18 »

What would you have me do to be more visible? Maybe put up billboards along freeways?

Ava was plenty visible.

Unfortunately, the rest of the Minmatar community has not been.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #50 on: 29 Jan 2015, 11:39 »

*slithers around the thread*

(          ._________________.)

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #51 on: 29 Jan 2015, 12:06 »

Guess I just didn't pay attention on Liuni, kalo just recently got Resubed.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #52 on: 29 Jan 2015, 14:18 »

Ava Billboards Best Billboards

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #53 on: 29 Jan 2015, 15:20 »

I'm not sure if I was subbed at the time, but Ava (IC) has made it perfectly clear what she thinks of Miz, heh.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #54 on: 30 Jan 2015, 05:18 »

So... I am very new so weighing in on this is probably a bad idea, but I am just that much of a rebel. :yar:

One way which might help get people into RP, that aren't like myself deliberately looking for it, is to do events in the starter systems. This could be as simple as just chatting in local there IC rather than in a channel, I am sure it wouldn't strain anyone's creativity to discover a reason to chat in local. Or it could involve more complexity using those things we fly about in.

I am sure that will result in a few odd looks, a few questions, and even a few people hitting up Google to see what's what. Just an idea anyways.

Like I said completely new, and not sure if this has been tried/suggested before, but I think it would be an easy way to raise the visibility of the RP community - particularly to people who may be considering RP but not exclusively looking for it, and for everyone generally.

Feel free to ignore the new person's uninformed comments :oops:

-A

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #55 on: 01 Feb 2015, 23:51 »

You know that is a neat idea. Thanks.

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #56 on: 02 Feb 2015, 00:35 »

With me the only reason I decided to actually make an rp char was groups like EM (who if I'm not mistaken closed up as I was actually getting into making this char) who did things I was well aware of even as a non-rper or rather they did things that spiked my interest in rping in general. A lack of really visible groups at the forefront really seems to be hurting the community. Aside from Amarr who really is covered? Aside from groups that, ya exist but are barely doing anything noteworthy. What IREDs done recently is great I just wish there were more groups doing things like that, or really more groups doing things like that publicly since I rarely see much of anything aside from things that give the impression of just flat out being exclusive that lead to the belief of "why bother trying" as someone just getting started. I dunno, there's my.02 isk

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #57 on: 02 Feb 2015, 00:51 »

A little initiative, and a good story go a long way. The community has been in this state for a very long time, people sometimes rely too much on CCP creating the content and responding to that when they should be making their own stories.

That said a lot of RP goes on behind closed doors as but I think that has been covered elsewhere.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #58 on: 02 Feb 2015, 04:55 »

That said a lot of RP goes on behind closed doors as but I think that has been covered elsewhere.

*waggles eyebrows*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]