Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sarum family is known for being the most belligerent royal family?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Evolving Incursions...  (Read 2075 times)

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
Re: Evolving Incursions...
« Reply #15 on: 13 May 2013, 13:31 »

But but but... Who will drop the Revenant blueprint ?

Ghost Hunter ?

Yeah. Good idea.  :D
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 13 May 2013, 15:58 »

It's a good idea to "un-stuck" the sansha, but honestly at this point we should consider that their ability to project power across the cluster should be decreasing....and others have learned about it.

And i bet all the other pirate factions are creating their own versions of it, so what about we try to "add variation" in a more consistent framework?:

Incursions now are spearheaded by (with some ideas):

-Rogue Drones: their goal is to acquire materials, so asteroid/ice belts/sites get reduced drastically and have drone presence in them. Salvage success rate is cut in half. They do not affect PvE payout or any other attributes system wide.

-Serpentis, Angels and Guristas: their goal is economic power, therefore all PvE payouts are affected

-Blood Raider: ??, penalties to clones?

-Sansha: slightly adjusted in light of the other type of incursions

Creating specific "faction" incursions, with different penalties/traits that happen in low-sec/high-sec, and others specific to null-sec (rogue drones).

You can even go as far to say that CONCORD has acquired experimental jove/sansha technology and will begin incursions in the pirate regions (delve, curse, fountain, venal). So you have people who can earn Pirate LP in new ways.

Would prefer the incursion "mechanic" per-se, to be more widely applied across all outlaw factions.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #17 on: 13 May 2013, 17:10 »

While I find it hard to believe that CCP will be willing to repurpose something that is already working for RP reasons, I really like this idea. It would save them from having to find ever more strained rationales for why the Sansha keep throwing themselves at the Empires for no observable reward and in the face of ludicrous losses.

I also vote for Ghost to drop BPCs when you kill him.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #18 on: 14 May 2013, 11:46 »

Sansha Kuvakei > Ah, hello CONCORD minion. You think you have defeated me? After all this time, you have not even made the slightest dent in my capacity to fulfil my goals. So then, why are you here, hmm? It is of no matter. Tell me, have you ever studied the Rogue Drones? Fascinating creatures. I talked with one of them, a most intriguing intellect. They don't like CONCORDs minions. They don't like them at all. And just as I am the Messiah for humanity, I am now also the Messiah for the Drones too. I have given them the Answer, you will see the results soon enough.  Ahaha. Ahahahahaa. Ahahahaaahahaaaaaaahaaaa.

Scope News: Sansha Kuvakei today issued a statement that Nation forces have halted their intrusions, claiming victory in his campaign. Unofficial DED sources admit that Kuvakei's base of operations remains unreachable with current technology, and that he remains at large, posing a substantial threat to the cluster. In other news, sightings of "carrier sized rogue drones" have reached unprecedented levels. Eyewitness reports claim these drones bear a strong resemblance to known Sansha's Nation ships.

Incursions 2.0 with other factions, there are opportunities to match the faction doing the intrusion, with the local npc types. Blood Raider incursions in Blood Raider space, and so on.
\o/

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 14 May 2013, 13:10 »

Sansha Kuvakei > Ah, hello CONCORD minion. You think you have defeated me? After all this time, you have not even made the slightest dent in my capacity to fulfil my goals. So then, why are you here, hmm? It is of no matter. Tell me, have you ever studied the Rogue Drones? Fascinating creatures. I talked with one of them, a most intriguing intellect. They don't like CONCORDs minions. They don't like them at all. And just as I am the Messiah for humanity, I am now also the Messiah for the Drones too. I have given them the Answer, you will see the results soon enough.  Ahaha. Ahahahahaa. Ahahahaaahahaaaaaaahaaaa.

Scope News: Sansha Kuvakei today issued a statement that Nation forces have halted their intrusions, claiming victory in his campaign. Unofficial DED sources admit that Kuvakei's base of operations remains unreachable with current technology, and that he remains at large, posing a substantial threat to the cluster. In other news, sightings of "carrier sized rogue drones" have reached unprecedented levels. Eyewitness reports claim these drones bear a strong resemblance to known Sansha's Nation ships.

Incursions 2.0 with other factions, there are opportunities to match the faction doing the intrusion, with the local npc types. Blood Raider incursions in Blood Raider space, and so on.
OR
The Faction was has so totally bankrupted each of the Empires, that they are unable to effectively deal with Pirate threats, even being unable to deploy en masse to deal with the largest intrusions. Incursion type events from each Pirate group being hitting the Null and Low (because the other Pirate factions do not have Sansha's Whimsical Wormhole Wizardry). It is up to the Capsuleers to deal with these threats.
Blooders are doing Blooder stuff, Angels are extorting entire Solar Systems, Guristas are camping the gates and ransoming space ports, and the Serpentis are probably selling drugs to preschoolers again, those bastards.
The Sansha fuck off back to their new home and occasionally drop an incursion in High Sec, hanging out with the Drone infestations, where they trade lewd stories about "entering her other input port" and smugly mock all the non-hive-mind proles flying about.
Pages: 1 [2]