Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DED has very long-standing military laws governing the conduct of its officers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Custom ships & skins  (Read 6510 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Custom ships & skins
« Reply #15 on: 03 Jul 2011, 20:35 »

I was musing on Twitter about this sort of thing tonight. Hoping for some more cool shuttle skins; we have the Apotheosis, and I fly Echelons as shuttles quite a bit. The Zephyr has special functionality so that's something different.

But I'd like some sort of luxury shuttle to zip around in, even if it meant gankers might show up.

Archbishop

• Clonejack
Custom ships & skins
« Reply #16 on: 17 Jul 2011, 23:59 »

It would be nice to be able to have an Amarrian logo (or other empire) on the hull of the ship, or maybe even a corporate logo.  That's an upgrade I'd be happy to pay a few $ for to have the PIE logo on the side of my Apocalypse!

Archie  8)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jul 2011, 00:01 »

Just you wait.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #18 on: 18 Jul 2011, 06:59 »

It would be nice to be able to have an Amarrian logo (or other empire) on the hull of the ship, or maybe even a corporate logo.  That's an upgrade I'd be happy to pay a few $ for to have the PIE logo on the side of my Apocalypse!

Archie  8)

I've wondered for years why this was not implemented from day 1 - EVERYONE is in a corp, even if it's 'only' Scope etc. And thus, everyone has an emblem of sorts. People who might worry about childish emblems etc. have nothing to fret about, the corporate/alliance logos pops up whenever you check toon info anyhow. Adding a small square area of each ship dedicated to corporate emblems that automatically apply once you board the ship is not to hard, I'd think. Will it add much to the lag-issue? Low-end PC users have the options to turn off quite alot - turn down graphics, no sound, no weaon fire effects, etc. etc. etc. how about 'no corp logo' button?

Also, to make it easier to add/remove emblems, one could simply make the logo-section(s) of each ship a holographic emitter of some kind that simply pasters a 2D image of the corp's emblem on the hull at the dedicated sections. In this way, if nothing else, ships could get 'uniform' appearances even if you have all 4 different Empire's ships and more in a single fleet.

Others have done somethign simmilar, actually. It may be a RTS game, but here's an example:
Linky.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 18 Jul 2011, 07:37 »

I think we're more likely just to get the corp logos (the ones built from existing elements) over the alliance logos.

Not that I'd mind.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 18 Jul 2011, 11:50 »

i've been disgesting more and more the idea of what i could buy in EvE that was on top of the monthly suscription, and althought i already invest in e-on magazines and the random book (i havent read the 2 novels yet).....i think the only vanity item i would buy would be SHIPS.

I would buy with plex unique models of Federation ships, that can be flown and used in space, regardless if they are subpar or have few or none fitting slots. Things i would love to see:

- A stylish, incredible fast gallente design, sort of prototype to a racing hull that never materialized and was later re-engineered and marketed to capsuleers. Only able to fit mid slots and low-slots. Made by Roden
- A luxury ride designed by Impetus
- A "Fedmart/Federal Freight/Inner zone shipping" issue hauler (stats as poor as an iteron mk1)
- A Jinmei designed ship
- A Mannar designed ship
- A Intaki designed ship (like the zephyr)
- A sparkly quafe/egonics ship
- and finally a presidential issue ship (the mass produced version of the president's flagship).

At least i would spend moneys on that.....

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #21 on: 18 Jul 2011, 14:43 »

- A sparkly quafe/egonics ship
Like this?
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 18 Jul 2011, 20:39 »

thats hideous! a badger with quafe logo is not "sparkly".....is plain dull caldari utility-ness  :lol:

i'm talking something like this:
http://illunfar.deviantart.com/art/Chariot-Cargo-Shuttle-167035413

Varlerian

• Your friendly neighborhood entrepreneur
  • Clonejack
« Reply #23 on: 19 Jul 2011, 01:17 »

CCP had better damned implement a skin for every Caldari megacorp/police force subsidiary..  8)

*imagines his Machariel with a Corporate Police Force paintjob*

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #24 on: 19 Jul 2011, 03:55 »

I've wondered for years why this was not implemented from day 1

The code and technology is already there already. Reason why they didn't implement it was mainly lag. When I presented this question to them a couple of years ago that seemed to be still the issue. But at last FF there was hinted it's possibly coming, even preview pics were shown.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #25 on: 19 Jul 2011, 06:11 »

CCP had better damned implement a skin for every Caldari megacorp/police force subsidiary..  8)

*imagines his Machariel with a Corporate Police Force paintjob*

I think it is ship-dependent, they couldn't release a skin for every single model in the game. For example, the Scorpion skins doesn't have CPF, Spacelane Patrol or Peace and Order Unit, meaning they probably don't use the Scorpion (it's said that CPF are fond of smaller ships anyway)

Grr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #26 on: 28 Jul 2011, 06:24 »

Pfft I've been flying around in custom skins for ages...

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 28 Jul 2011, 07:23 »

And now we see why CCP doesn't allow random player-created ship skins. ;)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 28 Jul 2011, 07:47 »

New Eden has taste police?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #29 on: 28 Jul 2011, 15:55 »

If you thought a pod on the balcony was immersion breaking, wait until you see red and white football frigs flying around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3