Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That some Gallente swear by Fortune?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Custom ships & skins  (Read 6508 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Custom ships & skins
« on: 18 Jun 2011, 11:21 »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The above screenshot has the colours but they're not actually made in game yet.

So, CreoDron Steel, Duvolle Mosque, Gurista Tawn, Intaki Red, Naval Blue, Mannar Ultramarine and Militia Green for the Thorax. Subject to change, I imagine, but interesting how Intaki ships "will" be red (figured Jin-Mei's faction colour is red). And FedNav being blue...

Anyway, this is on Multiplicity. Do you think the new skins will be on the LP or NEX, or when final come out as Custom ships available on market?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Custom ships & skins
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2011, 12:17 »

* Louella Dougans is sceptical of picture

iirc, that's one of the picture hosting accounts that t'amber uses.

i'd also point out that it shows the Caldari Navy ownership of station, which last time i checked on sisi/duality, it did not have.

\o/

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2011, 13:07 »

Someone find the pics of tiger-striped Mega, or the furry Mega. Or those item shop clothes/implants/tattoos pics. That's T'amber's manipulations from SHC/FHC.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2011, 14:00 »

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 2011, 16:09 »

Very nice. Intaki Red it is.

I notice that with the screenshots showing a Federation cruiser all of the colour options appear to be Federation oriented, from Intaki Red and Mannar Ultramarine to Duvolle Mosque. (The Guristas might be a frustration for the State enough for the Federation to name a shade of paint after them. After all the pirate factions already have their colour schemes).

So can we expect the Empire and Republic to come out with their own colour ranges? For the State I'm immediately reminded of the skin variations that were released when they released the new Scorpion model.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 2011, 16:14 »

Bataav - Not actually Intaki Red, it's a placeholder. The colour is actually Roden (a Phobos is the same).

But yeah, that's exactly what they have planned I think, Bataav, as we saw with the Scorpion. Megas for Caldari, Houses for Amarr, Tribes for Minmatar...

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2011, 18:33 »

If this is real...

*fantasizes about serpentis coloured hurricanes and drakes*

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jun 2011, 18:42 »

* Louella Dougans i'd also point out that it shows the Caldari Navy ownership of station, which last time i checked on sisi/duality, it did not have.
Jita 4-4 isn't Caldari Navy owned on SiSi/Duality?  It is on TQ.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2011, 00:09 »

* Louella Dougans i'd also point out that it shows the Caldari Navy ownership of station, which last time i checked on sisi/duality, it did not have.
Jita 4-4 isn't Caldari Navy owned on SiSi/Duality?  It is on TQ.

I mean the logo above the station services buttons
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jun 2011, 06:09 »

Very interesting if anything of this is true but... How do you deal /combine that with the T2 skins belonging to their own manufacturer (roden, carthum, etc) ?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jun 2011, 08:04 »

Very interesting if anything of this is true but... How do you deal /combine that with the T2 skins belonging to their own manufacturer (roden, carthum, etc) ?

Well, for example, I believe that a Thorax will have colours for everything except Roden, which will be left to a Phobos (although, there IS a Duvolle paintjob there, when a Deimos is Duvolle; despite being FedNav camo, I do beleive CCP will change it to the actual Duvolle colour as they did with the new Devoter). However, a Vexor will have a Roden paintjob, because it has no Roden T2 variant.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jun 2011, 10:37 »

* Casiella wonders about Hound and Cheetah variants.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 19 Jun 2011, 11:02 »

T2 and Faction ships in general seems to come to mind as ships that have a particular corporate color scheme.  Since it is mostly cosmetic, why shouldn't someone be able to have a bunch of Lai Dai - painted Caracals, without having it be a Cerberus?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jun 2011, 11:29 »

Interesting thought. The Cheetah is Thukker Mix, so maybe a Core Complexion skin for the Probe?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #14 on: 03 Jul 2011, 20:26 »

T2 and Faction ships in general seems to come to mind as ships that have a particular corporate color scheme.  Since it is mostly cosmetic, why shouldn't someone be able to have a bunch of Lai Dai - painted Caracals, without having it be a Cerberus?

I hope what you suggest will happen, because if not, the addition of a Lai Dai Drake for example will negate the possibility of a T2 Drake down the road. I'm using that as an example for any future Tech 2 ships, not as a suggestion for a T2 Uberdrake.
Pages: [1] 2 3