Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

As part of its political goal to make the State stronger economically, Lai Dai is the primary supporter of the School of Applied Knowledge. Check out more here!

Author Topic: I'm worried about Maddox Yung (StalinGrad6)  (Read 1113 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

I'm worried about Maddox Yung (StalinGrad6)
« on: 20 Mar 2011, 20:55 »

Quote from: Maddox's Profile
"i dont trust CCP. never have never will. I trust them as much as America trusts an Al Queda with a bomb. not at all.

i dont trust players either. thyre worse than CCP. theyre stupid, arrogant, ignorant, and above all: angry. dont trust EvE players.... theyre experts at screwing people over.

i dont trust people in general. why?

theyre human.

reason enough for anyone.

i dont trust myself. why? because i dont trust anyone else, im human after all.

at least i THINK i am.....

meh."

Combine that with the forum postings here, and I'm seeing some sort of psychological issues with the player. Once someone's character IC attacks him with words, however minor, a vulgar rant is unleashed. I'm wondering if there is a small glint of hope for him to be less aggressive and just play EVE without having a master plan set, because it will fail every time. I'll probably reply with constructive posts, idk.

Either that, or he is the greatest troll in EVE.

« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2011, 20:59 by Benjamin Shepherd »

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
Re: I'm worried about Maddox Yung (StalinGrad6)
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2011, 22:02 »

I'm not familiar with the person, but...

If you're worried about him, why not tell him privately about it? If you're of the opinion that his behavior on this forum is inappropriate, why not tell the mods directly? If you just feel the need to rant about him, why do it here?
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2011, 22:22 »

I'm so rarely presented with a case of someone in an MMO or RP setting or what have you, who seems genuinely "in trouble" IRL.

Either he's desperate for attention and just plainly bad at what he's doing, or he has trouble keeping his emotions in check and has real psychological issues.

Either way, what concern is it of anyone but him, his family, and hopefully his therapist? We all deal with life. Bring it into the public sphere, throw it towards strangers in the hopes they'll fix it for you, you're asking to get your teeth kicked in by the uncaring internet hate machine.

I'm gonna suggest as a fellow observer that you stay out of it for your own sake. If you want to try to help him, best of luck.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2011, 22:49 »

Agreed. None of our business or responsibility either, whatever real life issues this person has or does not have. 

I understand if you are concerned but if so speak with him privately; we are none of us qualified nor generally interested in playing at psychotherapy to a complete internet stranger who is being ridiculous.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2011, 22:57 »

Team Shepherd, emo police!  :o

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2011, 23:05 »

[mod]Speculation on other players' mental states is not appropriate for this forum [/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.