EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Ways to make Sani Sabik rp interesting and viable

<< < (2/9) > >>

Silas Vitalia:

--- Quote from: Karmilla Strife on 17 Jul 2018, 11:26 ---Silas' particular take on it leaned more toward Sensation and Power than hidden knowledge. It was almost more of a conspiracy than a cult. One thing that was nice from a Roleplay aspect was that aside from core pillars to their ideology, Silas gave other players a lot of leeway in how to play as part of the conspiracy. It left room for for some individualism where it seems to me that Sabik groups revolve a bit heavily around one particular character. Silas was still the figurehead of Nobilita Nera but within the group while I was there we had players with different areas of focus. Karmilla focused more on plotting and hedonism, Biggus Tankus was focused a bit more on the traditional blood rituals and Red God stuff, and Kalo Askold seemed more focused on PVP and expressing supremacy that way, ultimately forming a faction warfare group.

I suppose the takeaway is, make sure your Sabik RP group allows for different personalities and play styles, but is unified in some way. It also wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan for your group if the primary personality in that group goes away. Both my forays into Sabik RP ended when the ringleader moved on to something else :(

--- End quote ---

:cube:

Silas Vitalia:
Sabik RP is hard in EVE; power-cults and domination worship run very hard into often edgelord RPers who won't undock.   Much more viable and stress free to RP general capsuleer sensory debauchery; running a group of actual pvp killers takes *effort*

Vlad Cetes:

--- Quote from: Silas Vitalia on 23 Jul 2018, 16:00 ---Sabik RP is hard in EVE; power-cults and domination worship run very hard into often edgelord RPers who won't undock.   Much more viable and stress free to RP general capsuleer sensory debauchery; running a group of actual pvp killers takes *effort*

--- End quote ---

Or you just go for max hedonism and throw kick ass parties.
Of course that also means being smart enough to let the competent ones run things behind the scenes.

Mizhara:

--- Quote from: Silas Vitalia on 23 Jul 2018, 16:00 ---Sabik RP is hard in EVE; power-cults and domination worship run very hard into often edgelord RPers who won't undock.   Much more viable and stress free to RP general capsuleer sensory debauchery; running a group of actual pvp killers takes *effort*

--- End quote ---

If you PvP, you're a meanie and a bully!

MakotoPriano:

--- Quote from: Silas Vitalia on 23 Jul 2018, 16:00 ---running a group of actual pvp killers takes *effort*

--- End quote ---

Hell, running any sort of organization for an extended duration. It's one of the reasons why FCs and people willing to do org work are worth their weight in gold in EVE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version