Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Vherokior tribe is a splinter tribe from the Starkmanir tribe? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Terrorist attack at Gallente-Minmatar cultural festival leaves dozens dead...  (Read 7941 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

Anslol

And the Fed are still being assholes. You think they'd release info by now....

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran

And the Fed are still being assholes. You think they'd release info by now....

Can you really NOT imagine why they would not release any info on the assailant beyond 'being assholes'? Come on Anslo this is supposed to be OOC, you can bitch IC all day, but here I kind of expected a bit more nuance and theory-crafting.

I can personally think of at least 4 reasons why they might not release any info on this person. What annoys me is the near guarantee that Midular will die or be rendered a cripple by now, though I guess that was somehow in the cards to start with. Way to go fuck up possibly the least-deserving NPC in the lore, CCP. Thanks.

I wonder what the hell this is supposed to lead to :psyccp:

Anslol

I know there's other reasons but I'll still call them assholes. For instance, let's say the assailant is some Fed plant to kill Midular for whatever reason and they don't what the Minnies finding out. Of course it's possible.

That doesn't make the Fed any less assholish.

Lyn Farel

Oh, hello Karin. Had a good day in the medbay ? I'm Maleatu Shakor, your new nurse. I will try to feed you everyday since you unfortunately turned into a vegetable. Oh, and don't worry, we already prepared your wheeling chair. Have a nice day !

.______.

Creep

• Omelette

I know there's other reasons but I'll still call them assholes. For instance, let's say the assailant is some Fed plant to kill Midular for whatever reason and they don't what the Minnies finding out. Of course it's possible.

It is a very standard procedure for Law Enforcement to keep the results of their investigations mum until they're satisfied that they know all the facts and have interviewed all relevant suspects. This guy carried out a sophisticated bomb/gun attack, evading security and firing at the crowd from a vantage point. If I were the Gallente investigators, I'd be quietly (and furiously) pursuing the possibility that someone with knowledge of the security arrangements had assisted in some way.

And yes, that could mean that the terrorist's accomplice is well-connected politically, but tbh, I don't know that the Federation's detectives would be inclined to hush it up given the huge number of Fed citizens killed or wounded. This IS still the Federation, self-purported utopia of democracy and freedom. It's the Republic which has the endemic corruption in its government officials.
Unless they've pulled everyone off the case except for the Black Eagles?

Also, really? People are surprised that in EVE, grimdarkhelldeath universe wherein even the players are encouraged to Do Unto each-other, someone didn't survive? Hell, in that rather *ahem* Chronicle about the leaders meeting in secret to talk DUST, I was expecting the Empress to try to assassinate the others right there.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

Right now I'm guessing that the shooter is a Sleeper-influenced DUST soldier, one of the ones who went AWOL during the 514 incident and another of whom put an insufficiently-fatal bullet in Tibus Heth. Midular was probably the real target of the attack in the first place.

Remember that the apparent Sleeper angle on this thing is not one that would result in taking out only the most baneful or powerful leaders in each empire; it's one that would result in attempting to eliminate the empires as a threat to Sleeper civilization. My guess is that this is being calculated to complicate New Eden's diplomacy and gradually tilt the empires towards collapse. How they get there, I don't know, but that's how it feels.

That's assuming that there is a coherent plan and not just a bunch of Sleeper-maddened DUST troops running off on their own and targeting people their Sleeper victim/companions would categorize as "responsible parties."

In either case, it would neatly explain why the Federation's being so reluctant to release info about the terrorist. (1) If he's Sleeper-infested, this is an excellent opportunity to study the problem; (2) if he's Sleeper-driven, it's difficult to justify throwing him to the wolves-- he's unlikely to be what you'd call "competent to stand trial." (Darned national belief in human rights getting in the way of good vicious practicality.) However, the reasons for that could prove difficult to explain.

And then there's where the equipment came from....

Lyn Farel

I am seriously starting to be disgusted by these sleepers possessing all the dusties and assassinating everyone around.

I really, really don't like it. It's tedious to me.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!

This sleeper business looks interesting, where could I read?

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile

This sleeper business looks interesting, where could I read?

Templar One. If you really, really feel the need to.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

Not all of it is Tony G. There are also a couple of chronicles relating to it. Don't remember the names offhand, but they're recent and obvious.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran

Whatever you say man. Whatever.

But keep this here in mind:

It is a very standard procedure for Law Enforcement to keep the results of their investigations mum until they're satisfied that they know all the facts and have interviewed all relevant suspects. This guy carried out a sophisticated bomb/gun attack, evading security and firing at the crowd from a vantage point. If I were the Gallente investigators, I'd be quietly (and furiously) pursuing the possibility that someone with knowledge of the security arrangements had assisted in some way.

And yes, that could mean that the terrorist's accomplice is well-connected politically, but tbh, I don't know that the Federation's detectives would be inclined to hush it up given the huge number of Fed citizens killed or wounded. This IS still the Federation, self-purported utopia of democracy and freedom. It's the Republic which has the endemic corruption in its government officials.
Unless they've pulled everyone off the case except for the Black Eagles?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran

Also, really? People are surprised that in EVE, grimdarkhelldeath universe wherein even the players are encouraged to Do Unto each-other, someone didn't survive? Hell, in that rather *ahem* Chronicle about the leaders meeting in secret to talk DUST, I was expecting the Empress to try to assassinate the others right there.

Shit happens and people die. It does not negate my right to be annoyed that one of the few NPC's I like (for being reasonable and generally civilized, oh the horror, perish the thought!) get fucked over and killed/molested for the sake of apparent plot-progression. CCP doing whatever they wish with their setting/lore is nothing new and they have a right to it, but it irks me a great deal that all the likable characters seem to get the short ends of the stick while the rest who (in my opinion ofc) are rather unlikable soldiers on.

Lyn Farel

Recently I have come to guess that CCP story teams usually mistreat character that are generally well liked or well received to create drama, in opposition to the ones that we despise more or less. Because it has to be grimdark, you know. ..

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

Recently I have come to guess that CCP story teams usually mistreat character that are generally well liked or well received to create drama, in opposition to the ones that we despise more or less. Because it has to be grimdark, you know. ..

I dunno.... Tibus Heth hasn't been loving life lately.

(Please kill him off pleasepleaseplease)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6