Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

as Emperor, Doriam Kor-Azor changed the name of the fourth planet of the Kor-Azor system to Eclipticum and its moons to Black Viperia, Griklaeum, and Kileakum in honor of the champions who won him the throne.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What brings (or would bring) you back?  (Read 4843 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: What brings (or would bring) you back?
« Reply #15 on: 08 Oct 2012, 13:21 »

If that Mega is offical, I want to marry it.

Straight from the Eve facebook page. It's real.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 08 Oct 2012, 18:47 »

What is this quit word? I am to bitter, and stubborn to quit evah!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #17 on: 09 Oct 2012, 09:30 »

Well, we never really quit. We just take a break.

Right now, for example, I'm playing WoW (yes yes "gb2wow" but I already did ;) ) but still keeping my skill training going. I have some ideas for market stuff when I get back from yet another business trip this week plus an angle on a small corner of PF that I haven't seen explored publicly.

OTOH, much of the RP keeps me away because I think we, myself most definitely included, try too hard to push everything into boxes: factionalized, either combat-oriented or day-to-day banality, etc. Maybe that's just me, because I'm feeling less "urdoinitrong" and more "imdoinitrong".

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #18 on: 09 Oct 2012, 10:32 »

Well, I would love to come back to playing eve as soon as possible. But, in this case, it's looking more like Soon™ than actually being any time soon.

Things that would bring me back: It's close enough to impossible, but I would resubscribe tomorrow if CCP removed n+1 beats n in pvp. Make solo pvp realistic dammit! I know this is a social game, but nothing I've done beats the thrill of a really good 1v1.

Aside from that, I'd likely come back if I got an offer to join a really excellent corp or alliance. Like, a reaaaallly good one :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 09 Oct 2012, 14:38 »

Frankly, I'm not sure what it'd take for me to come back. I would want to be ablet o dedicate enough time to the game to actually build or accomplish something. I don't forsee RL giving me taht kind of free time any time soon as I'm working full time, thinking about takeing classes again, and spending a great deal of time with my fiance. So videogames have to be the sort that I can enjoy in 30-60 minute chunks. Thus, playing Planetside and MWO.

If the following conditions were met, I'd be back:
Enough RL time to spend.
Enough RL iskies to not care about the subscription cost, or a means in in game income sufficient to plex.
Something cool to do taht would make EVE more fun than other games again.

The only thing EVE really has going for it atm over other games for me is RP.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #20 on: 09 Oct 2012, 15:37 »

The bounty hunting stuff in Retribution is a good start. Really want to see those smuggling changes that were mentioned at the Fanfest before last actually happen.

Granted I'm mostly out of game right now due to time constraints and other games taking what little gaming time I have (hai GW2). Maybe after I start actually having an income again. :P
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #21 on: 09 Oct 2012, 16:09 »

Oh yeah, placing bounties on entire corps or alliances, and getting on the KM (sorta) for everyone who gets a share of the bounty you placed? Renting out kill rights?

Makes a trading mogul's heart GLAD.

Desiderya

« Reply #22 on: 09 Oct 2012, 16:36 »

Will the kill right purchase be one way, or can you *trade* these things?  :twisted:

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 09 Oct 2012, 17:40 »

While I have never taken a fully unsubbed break, I have spent roughly 3 months now doing little more than sitting in station, occasionally hauling a few ships around, and RPing.

I've moved to a new corp now and am hoping a PvP focus away from the nightmare that FW is will help me get back in the game. In general, however, the following two issues would help restore a great deal of faith in the game:

1. CCP getting a hold on (or at least an understanding of the depth of) the meta that goes on in their own game. Everywhere from FW to the mining barge revamp to their "entry" into the competative gaming arena, CCP has lately shown little comprehension of the degree to which their own players will min/max, sabotage, and trample all over the intended design of mechanics changes to assure their victory/profit/lols.

2. A return of an ongoing, living universe. While I am just as happy as anyone else to see the return of live events, I still have an empty spot in my heart for the old news articles.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:43 »

While I have never taken a fully unsubbed break, I have spent roughly 3 months now doing little more than sitting in station, occasionally hauling a few ships around, and RPing.

Don't do that, you are going to end up like me. I spent around 1 year sitting in station and it leads to nowhere. :/

1. CCP getting a hold on (or at least an understanding of the depth of) the meta that goes on in their own game. Everywhere from FW to the mining barge revamp to their "entry" into the competative gaming arena, CCP has lately shown little comprehension of the degree to which their own players will min/max, sabotage, and trample all over the intended design of mechanics changes to assure their victory/profit/lols.

Maybe that's what they want.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2012, 12:49 by Lyn Farel »

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #25 on: 10 Oct 2012, 14:22 »

You can never go back.

The name might be the same and the places kinda familiar, but the people you knew are gone. :(
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 11 Oct 2012, 04:18 »

Sad but true Wan.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Jev North

« Reply #27 on: 11 Oct 2012, 05:10 »

Will the kill right purchase be one way, or can you *trade* these things?  :twisted:
Trade, I'm not sure, but I've heard interesting things about renting kill rights. Apparently right off the grid. Right-click on bad guy, pay modest fee, game on. This may have been a combination of wishful thinking and alcohol, but interesting if true, no?

Edit - aha, I wasn't dreaming: http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73446
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2012, 09:08 by Jev North »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 11 Oct 2012, 09:54 »

Maybe that's what they want.

I think, perhaps, that this is representative of a divided vision on CCP's part (perhaps I should have added 'get a clear, unified vision' to my initial post?)

While CCP are happy to encourage the high-level strategics and sheer underhandedness that have developed in EVE as one of the things that define this game, they continue to produce mechanics (early Incursions, FW "revamp", mining barge "update") that do not reflect the tendency for EVE players to quickly figure out the path of least resistance to a given objectives and uniformly pile into that path.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #29 on: 11 Oct 2012, 21:08 »

What would bring me back? A train full of Nazi Gold. (Regular gold will be fine too.)
Pages: 1 [2]