Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The command division of the Angel Cartel is called the Dominations.

Author Topic: Weird stuff at launch  (Read 1210 times)

Lyn Farel

Weird stuff at launch
« on: 15 Aug 2012, 08:09 »

Since I still have a few days left I would like to connect to the game once or twice but apparently ive been getting a weird glitch since the last patch or something... Basically, once I enter my account name and pwd, and get on the character selection screen, everything is blank except the news at the right. I only have empty squares with one written "Lyn Farel" under it, but nothing more (my 2 alts are not even written anymore). Everything else is blank, no character info, no picture. And each time I try to click nevertheless on one character slot or another, it does nothing...

Nobody has any clue on what it is ?

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
Re: Weird stuff at launch
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2012, 08:12 »

I haven't seen this before, what OS are you running eve under and how many programs are open in the background? Usually most of my eve freak outs I get around by restarting my computer.

If nothing works I would submit a petition, extra credit if you file a "stuck" petition as those tend to get looked at fastest but might not apply in this case.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2012, 08:13 »

I smoked some bath salts and 'accidentally' ate your face.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2012, 08:16 »

I am running it on windows 7 and I already had the same issue yersterday when I tried for the first time after something like a week without connecting to the game. I have restarted my computer since then. :/

Will try the petition. Hope they will answer or fix the issue before my sub runs out.

Edit : lulz, I don't even know where is the button to create petitions out of the game... I don't even know where is the link on the official website to get on my personnal account (I always use google for that... >.>). :ccp ergonomics:

Edit 2 : found it  :bash:
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2012, 08:31 by Lyn Farel »

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2012, 04:42 »

Try emptying your cache.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2012, 05:26 »

Did it, also reseted the settings as they suggested, but it changed nothing. They moved the petition to the technical difficulties queue. :/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2012, 07:12 »

Managed to take a screen...

Apparently it seems to puzzle the technical support.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2012, 09:37 »

This is going to be a painful suggestion, but have you tried nuking your entire EVE folder and re-downloading the client all over again?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2012, 12:28 »

Nope, didn't have the time for that, and a crappy bandwith atm.

Anyway my sub ran out 2 days ago. Still no answer from CCP.