Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Rogue Jovian General incident years ago sparked Tech 2?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What are your long term plans in EVE?  (Read 3675 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
What are your long term plans in EVE?
« on: 02 Oct 2011, 17:20 »

I'm sure at least some of us have a reason to keep playing besides hoping for CCP to 'get it right' (read: bittervets). I'd like to know what interesting reasons you all have for continuing your EVE subscription. Other than addiction, other than hope for new things to do.

Maybe some of you don't have long term goals, maybe some of you only log in for the next good fight, or log in to see what rabble is going on in the Summit. For me, I have my long term goal:

I want one of every ship in the game. Fitted, and ready to fly. I want to be skilled enough to fly any of them effectively.

I completed my T1 warship collection for all four races... now I'm working up through Caldari T2... cruisers next. When I finish, I might either do Gallente T2 or Caldari Capitals... Carrier and Dread.

I don't really want supercaps, and I'm not jonesin' for the alliance tourny rewards or any of the other super rare ships. I just want to be able to say, "Yup. I can fly anything."

Keep in mind I want to meet the certs for every ship... not just the 'ignition key' skills. This is obviously a years long waiting game for the skills, unless CCP decides to sell SP for AUR.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
Re: What are your long term plans in EVE?
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2011, 04:21 »

Aside from RP goals, which are less well-defined, and which I won't share OOC anyway, some of the more practical in-game goals:

Buy and outfit an Ashimmu
check

Get enough LP to buy and outfit Apoc Navy Issue
check

Own a billion isk liquid
check

Corner a market
check

Get 1 million Faction Warfare LP
check

Get 100 solo kills without a carrying a point in my Crusader
check

Get 1000 kills with my Crusader
check

Get kills in my Crusader under gate-gun fire
check

Get kills in one of my dozens 'idiot-fit' ships
check

Kill a standard dual-prop Dramiel with my Crusader
check

Put up and maintain a POS
check (and boring.....)

Run T2 production lines
check

Establish artificial price level for one particular product in Domain
check

Become sole supplier of laser crystals for Domain
check

Try PI
check

Try wormhole operations
check

Participate in Alliance Tournament
check

Try nullsec sov warfare
check (boring+!!!!!!)

I once had a similar goals, to own and fly all ships, but at some point having/flying another ship doesn't give the same kick as it did before. I have the skills to fly most ships fairly well (bar a few t3 and capitals), but I find the ships become just a few more pixels in you hangar unless you have very particular need to fly them.

Incidentally, I like Empire wars (and FW) because it gives me better opportunities to switch a ship into exactly that what I need for the particular situation. For example, I don't think I've ever flown a Megathron, even though I have good skills for it. Haven't seen a situation yet where I could use it.

As you can see, a lot of 'practical' goals have either been fullfilled or lost their meaning, which leads to more focus on enjoying the actual playing instead of running after some carrot, which in turn can lead to 'bittervet' syndrome.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2011, 06:50 »

Right now I have two basic goals I'm working towards:

#1 is have a billion isk in my wallet

#2 is to own, fitted and with the relevent certificates hanging on my CQ wall, all of the Scorpion variants available (what happened to the Ishukone Scorpion? Or am I a bad man for wanting one?)
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2011, 10:08 »

Hmmmm, good question!

1) Get 50+ racers to show in a single race.
2) Build a media empire that actually makes a profit
3) Grow an entourage of friends and characters that I enjoy role-playing with.

Yeah, that's about it.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2011, 10:58 »

My goal is obviously to uncover each and every piece of Prime Fiction contained within the game.

Also, I would like to use my Panther more for different operations.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2011, 11:20 »

Fly all gallente ships at least once (supercaps will be harder to obtain)

Connect Solitude to the rest of high-sec gallente territory

Become a director in a succesful Federation aligned RP corp.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2011, 12:23 »

Build up the corp numbers and learn how to actually manage people :D

Keep learning how to fly all the many different kinds of frigates I use properly.

Make enough money to support my pvp and have enough extra to risk some more expensive ships.

Light the cyno for a hotdrop (preferably Ava's carrier :p ).

Have a 1v1 against another daredevil.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 03 Oct 2011, 12:33 »

I can arrange that for your daredevil Kala. I have one ready to fight in Arzad. Though atm I have no RP reason to do so, even if I saw you at the beginning of your days in FW plexing in Saidusairos. You have the benefit of the doubt on this for now. :p

Recently I still had no more goals than RPing with people and having good RP (which is harder to find these days....). More or less what Merdaneth said for me. I can also fly almost everything (except supercaps, and im not far from supercarriers, i just need the fighters V skill).

Then I left KotMC and now I want to try one of the last things I have never tried in Eve : T2 invention and production. I was very eager to start as I already have surprisingly a lot of science skills for that (coming from datacores and stuff), but now I am more mitigated. I just understood I need a POS for copying, and that means a constant profit to make to cover the costs, and my goal was only to sell T2 stuff to RP friendlies with ideals that Lyn supports. But I am hardly finding good prospects for that... :(

I also want to buy and try a vindicator in incursions, thats my new whim, and it will be complete very soon.

Other than that, I just keep playing for the RP, and it has been like that for years now.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #8 on: 03 Oct 2011, 13:01 »

I've pretty much attained most of my goals what I want to do personally. Now I more so go with the flow what my corpies wanna try out and see if we can make that it viable. Only real personal goal I have left is to fly a Nyx, warp it from celestial to celestial and shout 'Punch it, Chewie' in local every time I initiate warp. If it wasn't for my corpies I would've dropped EVE already for the most part I think.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #9 on: 03 Oct 2011, 13:36 »

Hurr. Three goals I use as my motivation to play at the moment:

Achieve +10.0 to True Power, True Creations, and Sansha's Nation (faction).
[True Power, check. True Creations, check. Sansha's Nation @ 9.36]

Build up the True Slave Foundations.
[Oh man fix these corp interfaces already]

Serve Sansha Kuvakei.
[Well I certainly learned an Archon can't do much to armor rep a Wyvern going down. lololol]
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Helen Ohmiras

« Reply #10 on: 03 Oct 2011, 14:07 »

I'm looking for new long term goals, as my previous goals were pretty much tied up quite nicely before my sudden departure a couple months ago.  When I start playing again (probably in March) I'll have some nice plans ready to go.

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
« Reply #11 on: 03 Oct 2011, 15:32 »

Build up Advent Ltd. member base while still keeping a Quality>Quantity mindset.
This includes both from an out-of-character member count as well as getting enough numbers to successfully have fun and stable roleplay within a wormhole system and on a control tower.

Be able to fit and fly several Loki variants for exploration, wormhole escalation sites, and PvP.
And due to the "magic" of wormholes that means getting a different Loki for each different purpose!

Kill all my investors.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #12 on: 03 Oct 2011, 17:24 »

Kill all my investors.

:eek:

Edit: LOL, that icon above this line looks like that cat below this line.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 03 Oct 2011, 17:44 »

Occasionally you have those fights where after significant planning, flawless formation, and excellent order-following, you go in and completely control the situation, start to rip through the enemy fleet... oh, what's that? A cyno? And there's a capital fleet coming through? Crap.

I want to be the guy leading the fleet coming through that cyno. And I want to be doing it IC, against IC enemies. Once I've done that, I think my EVE experience will be complete.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 04 Oct 2011, 18:54 »

Figure out a sustainable industrial corporate structure that is fairly easy to replicate, allows for characters of all skill levels to input into the process, rewards individual effort in a noticeable way, and keeps management to high-level guidance, strategic planning, and organization of mutual support.
Pages: [1] 2