Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Zegerth Kelja is the eccentric Sansha Underseer of True Slave Foundations?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I am knocking. Are you home?  (Read 4176 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
I am knocking. Are you home?
« on: 14 Apr 2013, 03:19 »

Unsure if this is the place for this topic or not.

When I was last active in New Eden, I spent a great deal of time hauling stuff around and will likely go back to that until I find something better. I enjoy bumping into people while traveling and interacting with them, but seem to be having bad luck.

Tonight I...

1) Hit Amarr and Jita 4-4 but found no one.

2) Went to Luminare to chat with Morwen but she had to leave as soon as I got there.

3) Headed to the I-RED HQ in Malkalen. No one there. There was an I-RED member in Summit OOC but there seemed to be some communication difficulties because she didn't seem to know that there was an HQ in Malkalen and when I inquired about I-RED's location, she just started talking about a campaign in Syndicate. That's something of a large region to just go flying around in, hoping to bump into someone.

4) Went to Khanid and Kor-Azor low-sec. Ended up in Silas' HQ in Nandeza. Flew around for a while but found no vampires.

Maybe you'd like to help me get lucky?

If you tend to hang out in a certain area of space and you wouldn't mind if Makkal (or someone else reading this) showed up, post in this thread.

I can't guarantee anything will happen - traders go where the ISK takes them and time zones are a thing - but if I'm in the region, I'll keep an eye out for you. This might lead to a simply 'hello' in local, or maybe a social visit, or maybe my pod warping away from the charred husk of my ship. It's all good.

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
Re: I am knocking. Are you home?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2013, 03:36 »

I always RP in local and am always looking for people to "meet up" with. Malcolm is pretty often found around Black Rise, specifically Samanuni, Ichoriya, Enaluri and occasionally Intaki.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2013, 03:51 »

IRED live in nullsec.

Vaun Erryk

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2013, 04:08 »

As a corp gets older, it gets progressively more likely that the HQ system is more a relic of old operations or a general RP statement than any frequented base.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2013, 04:15 »

Most of PIE lives in the warzone between Sahtogas and Sasiekko. A few of us hover near Amarr, but it's hit-or-miss. Basically, most RP'ers are actually really quiet scattered as they do their own thing.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2013, 05:23 »

IRED live in nullsec.
That's even less useful than knowing they're in Syndicate.  :ugh:

Current Events

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2013, 05:26 »

TS-F live in Reynire but will probbly just try and kill you if you turn up  :twisted:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2013, 06:45 »

I was exhausted and falling asleep at my desk. I wasn't gonna stay up, start RP, and pass out in the middle of it on you, because I consider it a little rude. :P

While I will RP in local I prefer not to in heavily trafficked systems (like Luminaire, or market hubs like Jita or Amarr, etc.) unless there is a live event going due to the retard factor of local (namely, the vast majority of EVE players), or if i am actively flying around. Morwen had also already pointed out she was planetside, which in this case meant if I was gonna do anything it would've been in a private channel. (I do have one for where she is, though; I should probably post it to the thread sometime.)

She will likely be in the area for another few days.

The rest of the time, if she's not shooting toasters with Incursion groups, you already know roughly where she is from past RP. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2013, 07:12 »

As Aldrith said, you can find me easily in the Bleak Lands in the area around Oyonata, normally inside the plex I'm capping at the moment. But it probably is easier to find me in any of the many channels I'm in, like PIE Public, ask me there and I usually can tell you how long I'll stay and where I am. :)

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #9 on: 14 Apr 2013, 11:24 »

I do see a small potential problem with flying around and trying to find someone in local to RP with (aside from the others in local who'll make stupid comments about the RP). What I've noticed RP wise, that even if you see someone in local, doesn't mean said character is actively there. Example, someone could be docked up in a station in Amarr (because game mechanics say so), but actively their character could be RPing in the I-Red Lounge, which is located in the Syndicate region. So saying "hello" to them in local may not yield much of a response.  :s

I think, if you're looking for people to RP with, your best bet is looking through the RP channels. Conveniently, there's a new list of the more current active channels about these forums, and I think most have holo projection access. If you don't want to physically be there, that is.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 14 Apr 2013, 15:58 »

We had just redeployed a region or two over for expanded piwating activities.

Come back though you should see a few nasty ladies and gentlemen around :P

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #11 on: 14 Apr 2013, 16:12 »

IRED live in nullsec.

I-RED lives in Syndicate. Our Field HQ is in 98Q-8O. This is where the lounge is located, not Malkalen.

Malkalen is the home system of Ishukone, and is also the Home (not field!) HQ of I-RED. The difference is that our field HQ changes depending on where we are deployed, and is our 'home away from home'. Before 98Q-8O, it was Intaki. Before that, it was somewhere in Providence, or Delve, or Highsec... wherever I-RED is OOCly living is where our field HQ is.

But the home HQ, the de jure HQ, is always in Malkalen with Ishukone itself. That's where the executor corp's HQ is according to game mechanics. It is where you will find our most precious assets and records. It's where you will find the brass meeting with members of Ishukone. It's where we hold our public events. It is not, however, where you will find our pilots or our drinking lounge on an average day. After all, why put our own bar where our pilots aren't?

Hope that clears things up.

P.S. - Our new pilots, and even some of our older part time roleplayers, may not be aware of the Malkalen HQ since we so rarely make use of it.
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2013, 16:14 by Katrina Oniseki »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #12 on: 14 Apr 2013, 17:11 »

Tonight I...

1) Hit Amarr and Jita 4-4 but found no one.
Well, there's your problem. The Bunny Lounge is on the Jita 4-6 station. :D And while I wasn't there last night, there's a good chance of finding at least one pilot there.
-OOChé

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2013, 01:34 »

Our Field HQ is in 98Q-8O.
Yeah, I went there. You logged off when I was about three jumps away. D:

My luck. It is bad.

Current Events

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #14 on: 15 Apr 2013, 01:35 »

Our Field HQ is in 98Q-8O.
Yeah, I went there. You logged off when I was about three jumps away. D:

My luck. It is bad.

Interbus. :P

That means we don't expect anyone to actually fly down to syndicate just to RP with us. You can if you like if that's your thing, but afaik, that's not the norm in EVE.
Pages: [1] 2 3