Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That many tattoos in EVE are nano-tattoos created with microchips implanted in the skin, programmed to react to the wearer's emotional state? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Unofficial video: Tier 2 Destroyers  (Read 12207 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Unofficial video: Tier 2 Destroyers
« Reply #45 on: 22 Sep 2012, 12:53 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1952851#post1952851

Hello folks,

This topic is about the ORE frigate coming out this winter. While its concept art can be seen in the Ship Balancing Summer Update blog and some speculation has already started, time has come to talk about it in details.

Designed as an entry mining ship, it will replace the old 4 mining frigates in the Industry Career Path (the Tormentor, Bantam, Navitas and Burst). Compared to them, it has a much improved mining output, capacitor reliance and mobility, while having a decent 5000m3 ore hold. Its purpose is to be a fast hull capable of mining in hostile space (even if the current value of high-sec ores defeats this quite a bit, but that's another problem). It also serves as a gas harvester, a profession that was lacking love until now. With its +2 warp core strength bonus, it should stand a fair chance of doing its job in low-security space without being instantly tackled and killed.

It also comes with a brand new skill, mining frigate, rank 2. Further down the drain we will change mining barge skill requirements to need mining frigate at 4, but not for winter - we'll most likely do that at the same time as the Destroyer and Battlecruiser skill changes to minimize training issues and complications. Again, since its the entry ship for mining, expect the market price to be low.

Mining frigate skill bonuses:
+5% to mining yield per level
+5% to gas harvesting yield per level
Role bonuses:
+100% to mining yield
+100% to gas harvesting yield
+ 2 warp core stabilizer bonus
Slot layout: 3 H, 3 M, 1 L, 2 turrets
Fittings: 45 PWG, 240 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 225 / 175 / 200
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 250 / 125s / 2
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 335 / 3.6 / 1200000 / 4.04s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 10 / 10
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 15km / 750 / 5
Sensor strength: 4 Magnetometric
Signature radius: 40
Cargo capacity: 50
Ore hold: 5000

Constructive comments are welcome  :yar:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #46 on: 23 Sep 2012, 03:42 »

Wat ? 5000 m3 ? Isnt that twice what a T1 barge can haul ? :eek:

Also, 2 turrets points, I wonder where they are going to put them since there is 6 obvious spots on the forehead of the ship.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 23 Sep 2012, 09:09 »

It's offset by having no skill bonus to cargo space and only 1 T1 lowslot to work with - which, I imagine, most people will be doing something else with than a cargo expander.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Jev North

« Reply #48 on: 23 Sep 2012, 09:35 »

I hope quite desperately that myko- and cytoserocin will fit in the ore hold. If so - a fast frigate that can gas mine better than most cruisers? Very cool. I may stop ignoring the non-combat LADAR sites. Yay, dividends from the Serpentis takeover of ORE!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 23 Sep 2012, 09:55 »

The -serocins are 10m3 per unit, meaning you can fit 500 units into each run with the ORE frigate. That's anywhere from 1/2 to 1/6 of a Ladar site, so multiple runs will be necessary; the real deciding factor will be how many Gas Harvesters you can fit on that little frigate.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #50 on: 23 Sep 2012, 09:58 »

maybe they'll be a T2 variant made specifically for gas cloud harvesting.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #51 on: 23 Sep 2012, 10:12 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1953350#post1953350

And yes, folks, despite its name, gas is automatically harvested into the Ore hold. Wanted to file a bug report to CCP Tuxford in case it didn't, but he was quite clever and implemented that ahead of time during the mining barge changes.
Clever girl.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #52 on: 23 Sep 2012, 10:27 »

The -serocins are 10m3 per unit, meaning you can fit 500 units into each run with the ORE frigate. That's anywhere from 1/2 to 1/6 of a Ladar site, so multiple runs will be necessary; the real deciding factor will be how many Gas Harvesters you can fit on that little frigate.

That would be 2, since they use turret slots. Not very fast.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Jev North

« Reply #53 on: 23 Sep 2012, 10:30 »

Hm, just noticed that. Bonused at 100%, that's still equivalent to four; not bad for a frigate hull.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #54 on: 23 Sep 2012, 10:32 »

Hm, just noticed that. Bonused at 100%, that's still equivalent to four; not bad for a frigate hull.

It's confirmed to be equivalent to 5 if you have the frigate skill to 5, actually. :D
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #55 on: 23 Sep 2012, 10:41 »

It's confirmed to be equivalent to 5 if you have the frigate skill to 5, actually. :D

Indeed.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1953072#post1953072

The bonuses multiply, thus its 2*1.25 = 2.5 boost at level 5. Thus the 2 bonused gas harvesters become 5.
The ship was play tested in low-security gas sites - it's not necessarily made to tank null-security sites as it is an entry level hull.
As said in the OP, industry tutorials should be changed to give this frigate instead of the old ones.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #56 on: 23 Sep 2012, 10:48 »

I can't remember, are remainders summed across harvesters or discarded? Because T1 harvesters (I know, who uses those?) would end up at 25 m3 each...
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 23 Sep 2012, 11:19 »

So, in line with the 5-harvester Moa, then? Mmm... not bad. Essentially a trade of increased cargo space for having all the HP of an origami frigate.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #58 on: 23 Sep 2012, 11:35 »

Right then, training mining frigate to V
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 24 Sep 2012, 11:14 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1962805#post1962805

Hey folks,

We're going to look into changing the gas harvesting yield bonus into a cycle time, mainly for the reasons you suggested - good catch.

Regarding the ore bay, it does not allow gas to be moved into it, but harvested gas is automatically moved when you do use the ship. It means that if you take the gas out after harvesting it you won't be able to put it back in. We're considering changing ore bays to allow you to carry gas around back and forth to make it more consistent.

Also, we estimate the +2 warp stabilizer bonus to be fine for now - the ship almost has no defense on its own, and desperately needs it to compete in the areas it's supposed to operate.

Regarding the gas yield performance itself, keep in mind this remains an entry level ship, not supposed to outclass the competition in every single area. This ship is highly mobile, has a good storage capacity, it should not be the best at everything regarding gas or we would be falling back into the old Hulk case all over again   ;)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6