Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the ISHAEKA Reports warned about the Sansha Nation Incursions possiblily occuring.

Author Topic: Happy Birthday EVE! 8 years!  (Read 870 times)

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
Happy Birthday EVE! 8 years!
« on: 05 May 2011, 18:52 »

Today, the 6th of May we celebrate EVE turning 8 - the little thing is growing quickly and isn't looking like its going to stop.

Here, read the CCP toast and hoist a can of Quafe Zero with us for another 8!

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=906 !

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Happy Birthday EVE! 8 years!
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2011, 19:53 »

3 years ago, we got the Apotheosis. "May your next five years be as full of promise and hope..." the description goes, and I must admit I doubted if EVE would be around in another five years. I mean, seriously - aside from a handful of absolute blockbusters with playership in the millions, what kind of game has a signigicantly enough massive playerbase after 10 years to keep going? Engines get old, environments get stale...

But hey, here we are - the better part of half of the way there and still going strong. So, here's to all the years ahead!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2011, 20:22 »

3 years ago, we got the Apotheosis. "May your next five years be as full of promise and hope..." the description goes, and I must admit I doubted if EVE would be around in another five years. I mean, seriously - aside from a handful of absolute blockbusters with playership in the millions, what kind of game has a signigicantly enough massive playerbase after 10 years to keep going? Engines get old, environments get stale...

But hey, here we are - the better part of half of the way there and still going strong. So, here's to all the years ahead!

damn straight!
Long live the fun! Long live the adventure! Long live Eve!
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2011, 20:50 »

damn straight!

And here I thought Eve was dying. That was your post, wasn't it?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2011, 21:00 »

damn straight!

And here I thought Eve was dying. That was your post, wasn't it?

I think its moving in a direction that will stunt and possibly undo its steady growth, that doesn't mean I can't wish it well, and hope that doesn't happen.

I'd honestly love to be proven wrong.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.