Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Amarrian "godflesh" taboo forbids against cloning? Until YC119, anyway!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Declare Your Loyalty - Live Events Thread  (Read 6567 times)

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
Re: Declare Your Loyalty - Live Events Thread
« Reply #45 on: 17 Dec 2012, 09:44 »

Despite its basis in established lore we secessionists haven't really had anything to link ourselves to in game, and it's something Sakaane and I raised at Fanfest 2011.

In contrast to the other empires, with NPCs representing different facets of their government's stucture, there is nothing for the Intaki Assembly. No stations, no agents, no in game presence.

I can understand the logic behind CCP Falcon allocating those of us who declared for the Secessionist movement, even if its not an ideal fit, and hopefully that being questioned doesn't result in our declarations being wiped from the list entirely.

It'd be a bit disappointing for one of the more interesting aspects (IMO) of the Federation political landscape, that has already featured in the FW storyline of the Caldari sweeping through Placid to be ignored while Quafe get represented.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #46 on: 18 Dec 2012, 00:50 »

There's nothing for any of the Federal Assemblies, not just the Intaki one.  I think their role is largely regional; they'd be analogous to a constellation-wide Holder or a single-system megacorp subsidiary, depending on the Assembly in question.  Neither of those groupings are represented in game either.

Which isn't to say that they shouldn't be, but I'm not at all surprised that they aren't.
Formerly Simon Coal.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #47 on: 18 Dec 2012, 00:58 »

About half the Caldari players were declaring for the State and our chosen political faction (and about half of those are in corps with names like Lai Dai and Wirykomi ;) )

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #48 on: 18 Dec 2012, 06:47 »

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything while reading the fiction dev blog comment thread.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/ISD%20Archetys%20Traum
Corporation: ISD AURORA

Edit: Might just be an old volunteer. Galen's also an AURORA member.
https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/ISD%20Galen

(And also a few odd corp assignments, ingame corp doesn't appear to be too meaningful.)
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2012, 06:55 by Mithfindel »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 18 Dec 2012, 10:09 »

Galen is good people.

Should be some good things coming up

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #50 on: 18 Dec 2012, 10:16 »

Woah!

AURORA!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #51 on: 18 Dec 2012, 10:22 »

Galen is good people.

Should be some good things coming up

Quoting for great justice.

Galen's an amazing dude. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 18 Dec 2012, 10:36 »

Who is heee?

I came after the time of Aurora so I have no idea how this thingy works.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #53 on: 18 Dec 2012, 10:44 »

Who is heee?

I came after the time of Aurora so I have no idea how this thingy works.

Galen is on Mercury [Fiction] team.  Mercury handles Evelopedia and PF

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #54 on: 18 Dec 2012, 11:10 »

Yeah, looked at a few ISD in odd ingame corps (Polaris Corporation, AURORA) and their sigs seem to indicate that they're in Mercury. Was just "rather surprised" to see a few of them (people I linked) openly carrying the ISD AURORA corp on the forums. As in, "oh, cool ISD replies, hey he's showing his corp--- wait, what?"

Sakaane Eionell

• Wetgraver
    • Solitary Pilot
« Reply #55 on: 18 Dec 2012, 23:19 »

Meh.  The Intaki secession movement is definitely a thing in the lore, and the whole point of getting players to declare is to figure out how to sort them.  If a bunch of people are declaring loyalty to a thing the setting has existing as a faction people might feel loyal to, it really only makes sense for CCP to recognize that.  I mean, isn't the whole point of the sandbox that we can have an impact on things like this?
This.

And because we pointed it out, CCP came along and deleted all the secessionists (and other players who declared to "unofficial" factions) from the list.

‏@Sakaane
@ccp_eterne It smacks of elitism. If you guys weren't prepared to properly acknowledge everyone from the start, you shouldn't have asked.

@CCP_Eterne
@Sakaane We didn't intend it to acknowledge everyone, only to group people easily into the factions we made contacts for.
Source

I'm pretty unhappy with how they're handling this. They ask the playerbase to declare their loyalty, and then when a bunch of people come out of the woodwork to declare loyalty to factions which "don't exist" in the game, they go, "Oh, well, we didn't mean you guys." CCP Eterne also told me, "This isn't to declare your RP" which is honestly some of the worst baloney I've heard in a while; if you have loyalty to an NPC faction in a video game, that is RP.

In any case, here's hoping they come through with a solution for those of us who aren't represented. You know, before I turn 40.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #56 on: 18 Dec 2012, 23:57 »

Why not just sign under Syndicate and tell that Syndicate helps Secessionist movement?  :roll:

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #57 on: 19 Dec 2012, 00:31 »

As a rule, I think the IPI guys don't really like the Syndicate.

Sad to see they took down the secessionist option.  Seems like a real missed opportunity on their part.  On the other hand, their clarification sounds like they're looking less for 'who do you explicitly support?' and more for 'which large umbrella of notifications do you want to be included in?'
Formerly Simon Coal.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #58 on: 19 Dec 2012, 07:45 »

Why not just sign under Syndicate and tell that Syndicate helps Secessionist movement?  :roll:

This.

Not to like, urdoinitrong, but if I recall, the reason the intaki secessionist movement never gained more political ground was that everyone who wanted to leave, already went to Syndicate. I could understand the whole homeworld support thing, but is there anything wrong with supporting Syndicate besides 'they're pirates' ? There's a huge Intaki secessionist RP bloc, but there's seemingly no one allied with the Syndicate itself, which I think is a shame, because they seem really cool and I would totally RP with them if there was.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: 19 Dec 2012, 11:15 »

There's really a big difference between being in support of an ordered secession or a band of criminals.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5