Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ghost Festival is an Angel Cartel loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous (Or: Why has this thread not been made yet!?)  (Read 39542 times)

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs

The Cobra looks pretty scuzzy on the inside, but the Lakon range is probably more to your taste.  The issue is they are traders, not fighters, so have that badly maintained truck chic rather than Matari rusty yet powerful combat look. 

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

The Cobra looks pretty scuzzy on the inside, but the Lakon range is probably more to your taste.  The issue is they are traders, not fighters, so have that badly maintained truck chic rather than Matari rusty yet powerful combat look.

There's the Asp, as I found out via the Wiki, which is apparently agile and heavily armed (and looks like a brick).
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lyn Farel

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Neato story, and a good outcome for the players I think!

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain

On rustbuckets: The Sidewinder at least used to have some bits of the cockpit repaired with duct tape. And of course, there's the Adder, which has kind of a "old British automobile" feel, including the pilot sitting on the right. The larger ships tend to look a bit better. On all ships, the paintjob will slowly degrade, but I think these days the repair all button also repaints, so if you want to keep that degraded paint, you'll need to be bit more careful with your repairs. Also, I think (not sure) that if your ship looks like it's falling apart, the cops will scan you more often, so ideally, a smuggler would fly a small and fast craft in spotless condition.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

I saw this appear on the Steam store featured items.

Reviews seem to suggest it's not worth playing if you can only put in a few hours a week, is that accurate ?
\o/

Aelisha

• Egger

That really does depend on what your goals are.  If you want to get the biggest ship in a reasonable time frame, fairly accurate.  If you want to explore/fight at your leisure or casually take part in community events, not at all accurate. 

Long story short, expect a lot of 'instant gratification' complaints - it isn't going to be delivery a high doze of feel good every five minutes.  However, if you have realistic goals and like that kind of 'just as planned' game style combined with the most realistic galaxy simulation to date, you won't be disappointed.  Snails pace progress, but a beautiful view with dynamic, interesting storyline as you move forwards. 
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2015, 08:10 by Aelisha »

Aelisha

• Egger

Just acquired my Python, a 2 seater armed freighter with pretty good all round offense, defense and utility.  Unlike other ships with it's carrying capacity, it can still fit on medium docking pads, making it a very useful, if short ranged, cargo hauler for border settlements lacking proper stations. 

Check her out in all her glory below:

http://imgur.com/S2FOSk2,i0saMhP,j7hytlo,3KNjZEH#0

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

On rustbuckets: The Sidewinder at least used to have some bits of the cockpit repaired with duct tape. And of course, there's the Adder, which has kind of a "old British automobile" feel, including the pilot sitting on the right. The larger ships tend to look a bit better. On all ships, the paintjob will slowly degrade, but I think these days the repair all button also repaints, so if you want to keep that degraded paint, you'll need to be bit more careful with your repairs. Also, I think (not sure) that if your ship looks like it's falling apart, the cops will scan you more often, so ideally, a smuggler would fly a small and fast craft in spotless condition.

The Adder looked like somebody took a Space Shuttle and put guns on it. I like it.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

I think what it comes down to for me, is that I love the gameplay and experience of playing Elite. It really does scratch an itch I've had for years and years and years since I stopped playing Vendetta Online actively sometime in 2008-2009.

On the other hand, their customer service department could seriously use some fucking work. I have experienced a particular bug multiple times that basically prevents me from interacting with the game in any meaningful fashion beyond logging in - I'm unable to leave the instance around the station or use station services once it occurs, and until I am forcibly moved to another location by the CS team or there's a server restart, the issue does not resolve itself.

It's been reported, and ticketed, and all that shit.

The last time I had it, I was told "we think we've got this fixed for 1.2, please retest it if you can after the 1.2 release and update this support ticket if you run into it again."

Well, I ran into it twice after that patch. The first time was resolved the next day by a server reboot. The second time... well, let's just say I have been unable to play the game for almost 9 days. I updated the ticket as asked (the last time was last Monday, when I actually caught the issue live on my Twitch stream), but have yet to receive any response beyond the "retest after 1.2". That was March 1st. I've put updates in that ticket on March 25th and 30th. I even opened a new "stuck/unable-to-play" ticket this past Monday. It has not been responded to either.

Say what you will about CCP's GMs and customer service team but jesus christ they put Frontier to shame in ways that are not describable by Backstage's rules.

It also does not help that Frontier's entire CS department works in the UK on standard UK work hours, 9-5. Nobody works other shifts.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

Are there many people encountering that bug ?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

my computer is an Intel i5 based system with 8Gb of Ram and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 460.

I don't know if that meets the minimum specifications or not, vOv

also, is it one of those buy once, play forever kind of games ? i.e. no subscription ?
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2015, 11:42 by Louella Dougans »
\o/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

They said they were aware of the issue when I first reported it, Lyn - so other people have certainly encountered it - but whether "many" people are encountering it or not is irrelevant.

Me going a whole week - more than a week - without ANY kind of response from them to help resolve my issue with the stopgap measure we know works for a while, is completely irresponsible and entirely inappropriate on their part.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

Not answering is certainly not cool.

But though, the number of people concerned by a bug actually is relevant. Especially if the bug is extremely obscure and hard to nail, and even more to fix. It can ask for a lot of time and resources to fix and if only a handful of people are getting the issue, then maybe they will never actually devote anything than the strict minimum to fix it... Which kind of sucks, but... Happens all the time.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

The problem, Lyn, is that regardless of how easy or difficult it is to actually fix the cause of the issue (I doubt it's very simple), it is INCREDIBLY easy to treat the symptom. Literally all it takes is moving the player to another system or station, if no patches or server reboots are scheduled.

My complaint lies with the latter, not the former. I don't really care how long it takes them to track down and finally fix the bug. I care that in the meantime, I have been completely prevented from playing a game I paid for for over a week.

All because nobody is responding to the support tickets.

This is the equivalent of someone filing a stuck petition in EVE and not getting any sort of response for a week. The cause itself is not relevant as far as customer service is concerned, the symptom is, and when it's an incredibly easy (and quick) symptom to treat, going more than a week without a response is unacceptable, full stop.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17