Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hubert Caissor was a Gallentean senator who, along with his entire family and personal wealth, disappeared aboard the starship Peralles while jumping from the Dom-Aphis system to Iderion.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New Forums!  (Read 5490 times)

Crucifire

Re: New Forums!
« Reply #45 on: 09 Apr 2011, 19:29 »

Yeah, that's a good point Ghost... plus I would be all up in the "Post here for free dislikes" thread.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #46 on: 10 Apr 2011, 01:51 »

I don't see how a "like" button is any different than the current system. Responses to many threads on the IGS already come down to who likes and dislikes the topic / opinion / poster. This way, we can tell how it's doing before we even open the thread.

And for anyone worried about the IGS becoming a popularity contest, it already was for the most part. So again, no change.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #47 on: 10 Apr 2011, 18:20 »

I have an upcoming presentation at an infosec conference on incident response. Guess what I will be using as my case study? :D

I had a feeling you'd be all over this <3

Seriously, I was kicking myself before this was disclosed on SHC that I should get around and post something about the new forums. Then this happens. I'm sort of glad I didn't. Suppose I am in denial that other companies do make good software. Sigh. This really makes me bittervet. Because I know exactly how shitty software can come to exist. And I spent two years on a job trying to turn shitty software into less shitty. That does not make it easy not to go on a RAEG rampage.

But well, let's see if they make their second chance worth the while. I do not mind the old forums staying a little longer for a decent solution to this. Kinda fearful in a way this might mean we simply will get no new forums at all, though, which is sub-optimal at best. Meh. Also pretty curious about what we will see on the upcoming devblog which is supposed to offer transparency about this. Better be good.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #48 on: 10 Apr 2011, 18:34 »

I didn't really see a lot on the front end of the new forums that made me think the changeover would be worth it. Better indexing/searching on the backend, perhaps, but Chribba already fixed that a while back.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]