Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Blood Raiders are a sect of the Sani Sabik who spend their lives in space hunting down and harvesting non-believers for their blood? Read more here!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: My pet peeve  (Read 5562 times)

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
My pet peeve
« on: 19 Feb 2011, 13:34 »

As the title says, this is my pet peeve.
Maybe it's the fact that I've been a pirate for more years than I've carebeared, or it's the same with every PvP'er, but every time someone warps off when I have them pointed, I want to start clubbing baby seals to death.
Really, every time I catch someone with stabs in their wreck or loot some from a rat, I never sell them - always reprocess. If it's the wreck of a person, I add them to my ever expanding list of people to stab repeatedly at every opportunity.
Personally, I feel that the negatives far outweigh the positives with stabs.
Positives:
  • You're immune to being pointed
Negatives:
  • Targetting range penalty.
  • Scan Res penalty
  • You get laughed at if you're popped with them fitted
  • You're a sad, pathetic little creature for fitting them
  • You should have been drowned at birth
Thoughts, rants, whatever. Let's get this on the go.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
Re: My pet peeve
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2011, 13:56 »

Yeah it's a PITA. <3 HICs.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2011, 14:11 »

I feel the same way towards every single game mechanic that stops me from pwning everybody when I feel like it.

Its like, people should not have missiles, neuts, vamps, drones, EW when I roll in my pimped up gankmobile.

Tanking?!

The assholes that actually bother to tank their ship they ruin my day, I should be able to gank whomever I want wherever I want in fifteen seconds tops.

Which brings me to fecking CONCORD and people having gangs.

Its 1v1 with glass cannons or its not real EVE at all...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2011, 14:19 »

I am sorry, my Bustard has no weapons (or capability to fit them) what-so-ever and you clearly feel that not having an HIC in your camp is ok.

A choice you and your mates made, just as I make the choice to attempt to move lots of stuff solo, attempting to avoid large camps or those with HICs.

Akikio L

• Wetgraver
    • Akikio's Plog
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2011, 14:34 »

One of the reasons I really don't like to fight outside 0.0 but if I'm just transporting stuff in high or low sec it's a viable option. I don't see why I would offer my hard earned property to anyone for no effort. Fit more points and/or get more people in gang if you want to be sure  :P

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2011, 14:58 »

Stabs are annoying, yes. But one of the things that annoy me like nothing else, something that makes me gleefully smile like a fool while imagining ripping their heads off with my own hands and kicking it around, is dishonesty. Scams? Make your own damn money you weak twit. ELABORATE, long-term scams? Well played, good job. Annoying, but it took 'work' to pull off.

Ransoms... f I'm in a position to get ransomed, then again, well played, you got me. I'll just self-destruct and flip you the bird, or MAYBE even pay you if you do offer a good ransom and I know you care for your rep.

If you don't. Well, there are the idealized goal of playing football with your severed, dishonest  head. If you ransom anyone, and they pay you what you ask, you LET THEM GO. You don't say, 'yeah, wait up, telling my corp to let you go now' so that you can get everyone who was online in on the kill-mail. THAT kind of thing is liable to get your corp exterminated like vermin when you screw with the wrong people.

I'm going to enjoy the coming weeks.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:20 »

So, aside from the whining glibness, I agree with Zhuul.

It's a totally viable tactic. It's a backup plan, like ECCM, and you do sacrifice to use it; targeting range and whatnot, not to mention the loss of a precious lowslot. There are also ways to defeat it, such as secondary points.

That being said, if you fit one, you're a failure and I hate you.

As for my personal pet peeves, well, there's too many to name, but in the same vein; local smack. If you're not going to throw me a "gf," then just be quiet, we all miss your bomber, but you can buy another one.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:43 »

Luckily, I own 3 Phobos and have 2 chars that fly them, but I hate camping. I'd rather go out on a roam, and usually I'm flying solo so a HIC isn't the best choice of ship.
I refuse to fit or sell stabs out of principle because I'm anal like that.
Ransoms... Well, call me old fashioned, I prefer a ransom over a kill, hence why I have far less kills than I would if I were dishonourable.
A few more pet peeves:
Dishonour;
Yup, you dishonour a 1v1 or a ransom, you're scum and deserve to be hunted until you emoRAEGquit the game.
Really, it pisses me off when you organise a 1v1 and end up losing because the other person doesn't have the guts to face you alone.

All shirt, no pants;
The last 4 - yes, FOUR - wars, I've had with little boys with big mouths.
Really, you say you're going to 'wtfpwn' my Corp, bring it on and stop waving your puny little penis around. Really, I have vibrators that satisfy me far more than you ever will. Grow up, grow some balls and fight me you spineless little bastard spawn of a furrier and a fedo.

Unintelligable smack;
lololololololololol i fkin pwnd u lik nuffin...
LEARN TO TYPE YOU IMBECILE.

Oh, and...;
KHGDklk jdgLKJBDLbn doHdkjBHDkJBDkJ BDk BDi7ty087dhDB lBDklBVDougDiOUDg DbhvDygDfDG bGVDG DVoFD0oBHD <-Russian.
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:49 »

The sole reason I own a Broadsword

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:58 »

The sole reason I own a Broadsword
Jinkies. All those stabs... Well, atleast you rescued the almighty Device from that nasty ship.
I hope you got his pod.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2011, 16:00 »

I hope you got his pod.

Unfortunately I was whoring sec status at the time.

Vikarion

« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2011, 17:03 »

I'm not a mod, but let's adhere to the rules, mmmkay?

Anyway, I don't mind people who use stabs. Yes, it is annoying, but it is also part of the game, and, in my opinion, any tactic that doesn't break the EULA is acceptable. I just switched to using Shadow Serpentis scrams, myself (3 points of scram).

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #12 on: 19 Feb 2011, 17:32 »

I use stabs all the time, really.

Well, not all the time, but sometimes.

I bought a Navy geddon the other day, and had to move it out of a moderately populated lowsec system. I fitted a travel fit (i.e.: 8 stabs in the lows) and yoinked myself out of there.  Perfectly reasonable, in my opinion.

But then again, I think I'm a different sort of pvper from most people. The sort of thing that gets my juices flowing is, I guess, a sort of Tai Chi pvp. I don't care so much to grab someone and blow them up. What I want is for someone to think "I can kill that Shintoko Akahoshi noob", come after me, and for me to know that I've already won the fight before they even lock me. Not because I'm a badass, but because I know that I'm set up to fight exactly the sort of fights I'm about to have, and that my attacker has fallen into my trap at the time they decide to charge.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 19 Feb 2011, 17:41 »

I don't mind warp core stabilizers at all, in fact, I regularly fly solo without carrying a point.

I don't need to see a hostile blow up or get a killmail to have fun in PvP. I would mind if people never blew up, but with the relative rarity of people fitting WCS in combat situations I regularly get into...

Tip: people rarely warp off when you're getting lots of structure damage. If you are winning anyway, just make it appear you are losing and they'll stay around as if by magic. Also, people having lots allies around makes them stay in the fight too, although not as often as you having structure damage.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 19 Feb 2011, 18:24 »

I don't mind warp core stabilizers at all, in fact, I regularly fly solo without carrying a point.

I don't need to see a hostile blow up or get a killmail to have fun in PvP. I would mind if people never blew up, but with the relative rarity of people fitting WCS in combat situations I regularly get into...

Tip: people rarely warp off when you're getting lots of structure damage. If you are winning anyway, just make it appear you are losing and they'll stay around as if by magic. Also, people having lots allies around makes them stay in the fight too, although not as often as you having structure damage.

As much as I love an explosion... this a thousand times! If you engage the enemy and they run away, you WIN. End of story.

And very good pro tip there. I wouldn't over do it, but sometimes it pays to feign a little weakness to pump the target's ego.
Pages: [1] 2 3