Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When level 4s first came out, they used the Belt NPCs and not the lesser Complex NPCs?

Author Topic: [Plot] Asymmetric Campaign Pushes Forward  (Read 1656 times)

Dessau

[Plot] Asymmetric Campaign Pushes Forward
« on: 29 Jul 2014, 11:02 »

In response to unresolved personal grievances, and the political shift away from classicist Federal ideology toward a plutocratic ruling class, a small organization of pilots, utilizing a decentralized command structure, have commenced their campaign of direct action against their own government.

Operation: Slow Burn is now underway, with the first investment package designed specifically to decrease ship construction profitability now fluid in the open market. Future packages are being lined up at present, as the initial landscape of targeted economic warfare resolves itself.

Operation: Velvet Rope is now underway, with the installment of a two-pronged PsyOps offensive in the CEMWPA theatre to impede, confuse, and demoralize the FDU. The first prong has been activated in systems bordering the Faction Warfare zone, with the second being field-tested in the immediate future.

(News of my dismal failure, or perhaps of my astronomically unlikely success, to follow!)
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2014, 11:06 by Dessau »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: [Plot] Asymmetric Campaign Pushes Forward
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2014, 12:42 »

Intriguing... (from my perspective of a pro-fed loyalist that is)

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2014, 13:01 »

In response to unresolved personal grievances, and the political shift away from classicist Federal ideology toward a plutocratic ruling class, a small organization of pilots, utilizing a decentralized command structure, have commenced their campaign of direct action against their own government.

Operation: Slow Burn is now underway, with the first investment package designed specifically to decrease ship construction profitability now fluid in the open market. Future packages are being lined up at present, as the initial landscape of targeted economic warfare resolves itself.

Operation: Velvet Rope is now underway, with the installment of a two-pronged PsyOps offensive in the CEMWPA theatre to impede, confuse, and demoralize the FDU. The first prong has been activated in systems bordering the Faction Warfare zone, with the second being field-tested in the immediate future.

(News of my dismal failure, or perhaps of my astronomically unlikely success, to follow!)

Excellent stuff.  How long will these two campaigns be going on for?
DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2014, 13:26 »

As a loyal subject of Her Majesty Jamyl Sarum and a friend of the people of the Federation I find this most intriguing. Much potential for progress, there! ;)

Dessau

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2014, 23:58 »

How long will these two campaigns be going on for?

To be frank, until I run out of ISK. It's a losing proposition, and it's self-funded.

So it's a bit like Brewster's Millions, except the final payout is fun.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2014, 11:53 »

Really liking the sound of this.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Dessau

« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2014, 07:49 »

Dropped off for a bit due to a brief holiday with family, but returning tonight to survey things. I am satisfied so far with the humble beginnings (impact being negligible), but am hoping the program's agents can pick themselves up after some recent losses.

Edit: Jumped the gun, should have waited until this brief intermezzo was complete before posting an update. So it goes.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2014, 21:15 by Dessau »

Dessau

« Reply #7 on: 02 Oct 2014, 16:33 »

Another message has hit GalNet, prompting, perhaps, a renewed flurry of direct resistance.
« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2014, 16:47 by Dessau »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 03 Oct 2014, 12:24 »

I'm sure Jared had his newspaper slung over his knee, because he is the sort of backwards fellow who would still actually read printed media while drinking coffee. :)

Dessau

« Reply #9 on: 03 Oct 2014, 12:52 »

Smart man, since electronic media can easily be manipulated, overwritten, or destroyed.

;)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 03 Oct 2014, 13:10 »

Yeah, you have to wonder why a Gallente would have taken a job on an Amarrian vessel to start with ... ;)

Dessau

« Reply #11 on: 07 Nov 2014, 19:40 »

In a new message posted to GalNet, indications emerge of a change in leadership and a new initiative under the umbrella of the campaign.

How this will affect the outcome of the election, if at all, remains to be seen.

( :psyccp: )