Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Elsebeth, of clan Rhiannon, was born on Matar in the heartlands of Mikramurka continent in the year 81? Read her official biography here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Headhunting and Poaching Corp Members  (Read 5681 times)

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
Re: Headhunting and Poaching Corp Members
« Reply #30 on: 09 Feb 2011, 20:05 »

Well, I'm going to be the contrary person by the looks of things.

Poaching/headhunting is awesome and I strongly think it's a good idea and a very important part of EVE.

Every player that isn't in nubcorp is potentially working against you, or at least not for you. The goal of EVE is to get a leg-up over people working against you and/or be better than those not working for you. Several corps/alliances have done this to great success, pulling numbers from their opponents (and other 'neutral' corps) to fill their rosters.

As for headhunting, most people want their corp to succeed. That means having the best, which means finding and convincing the best pilots to join their ranks. If their current corp can't provide the same benefits that your corp can/does... why not try to convince them to join your cause? Also, corp benefits aren't everything; I went from a corp that provided full replacement of any and all T1 hulls, and a heavy subsidy for T2 hulls (while we were making a few bil/week drinking beer), to a corp that had a T1 frigate replacement program and income in the corp was very limited and took much more effort.

The important thing to note about poaching... they may pull someone that's actually loyal to the corp being poached from. That means they have a mole that was actively recruited.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 12 Feb 2011, 10:10 »

So BoB poached people, and where is BoB now?

Poaching people helped them to the top of the pile and it took a monumental effort from a massive (and unlikely) coalition of players to knock them off that pile. I think you have to concede that BoB were a highly effective group of players for a long time.

Details are getting hazy with time now, but I recall RKK nicking a bunch of the most active players in Ushra'Khan. This was at a point where the Amarrian opposition was at a real low in terms of active numbers, and getting a decent fight was starting to take effort. The temporary fix had been to tackle local pirates, but pirates mostly aren't in the unprofitable business of having stand-up fights and entertainment there was limited. When old friends in RKK started whispering sweet nothings in people's ears and promising almost guaranteed perpetual combat, a number of people succumbed to that temptation. And once one or two active people in your corp jump ship, it's really tempting to join them. For a while, it seemed a bit grim if I'm honest, and I'm sure I wasn't alone in considering jumping ship too. It's the sort of thing that can quite easily lead to a failure cascade.

Memory lane!

Was this in late 2005 / time when the sudden death squad / short bus squad pirate groups were active in north providence?

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #32 on: 14 Feb 2011, 16:31 »

So BoB poached people, and where is BoB now?

Poaching people helped them to the top of the pile and it took a monumental effort from a massive (and unlikely) coalition of players to knock them off that pile. I think you have to concede that BoB were a highly effective group of players for a long time.

Details are getting hazy with time now, but I recall RKK nicking a bunch of the most active players in Ushra'Khan. This was at a point where the Amarrian opposition was at a real low in terms of active numbers, and getting a decent fight was starting to take effort. The temporary fix had been to tackle local pirates, but pirates mostly aren't in the unprofitable business of having stand-up fights and entertainment there was limited. When old friends in RKK started whispering sweet nothings in people's ears and promising almost guaranteed perpetual combat, a number of people succumbed to that temptation. And once one or two active people in your corp jump ship, it's really tempting to join them. For a while, it seemed a bit grim if I'm honest, and I'm sure I wasn't alone in considering jumping ship too. It's the sort of thing that can quite easily lead to a failure cascade.

Memory lane!

Was this in late 2005 / time when the sudden death squad / short bus squad pirate groups were active in north providence?

I guess it would've been, although I'm not really trusting my memory here. I think I joined U'K in '05. When I joined, we were basing in Molden Heath. We then relocated to systems around Amamake shortly after I joined. At some stage hereabouts, the mutual with AM was dropped after some OOC tensions between various people boiled over. We then based in Provi for a bit to fight Huzzah Federation. I suppose it was at this time the possibility of setting up in Provi presented itself: CVA was starting to build up in the neighbouring low sec too and the stage was set.

I was inactive when the effort towards building an outpost was underway and active when Unity was built. I always had mixed feelings about that, personally: I liked the surrounding RP, but didn't like being so pinned down in Provi and having to deal with the other 0.0 distractions. I saw U'K as more of a guerilla organisation than a space-holding organisation. Besides, I'd cultivated a profound loathing of POSes as an early adopter in my previous corp. Ugh.

/OT ramble :)

Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #33 on: 15 Feb 2011, 12:36 »

So, what you're really getting at is that the purple gibbons are really just misunderstood? I see, okay.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]