Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ishukone corporation manufactures the mind altering Transcranial Microcontroller?

Author Topic: [Character] Retired  (Read 1042 times)

Corso.Verne

• sons of liberty
  • Clonejack
[Character] Retired
« on: 03 Jun 2013, 18:01 »

REDACTED
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2020, 01:11 by Corso Verne »

Corso.Verne

• sons of liberty
  • Clonejack
Re: [Character] Zark Pulsar
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2013, 00:46 »

I know how much RPers hate the concept of a "retcon", so I decided to save you guys the horror and reworked Zark's backstory to be consistent with the way I have established him while allowing for a distinct change in behavior.

What do you guys think? Is this more "canonical" a concept? I'm not going to presume you guys read my first bio, but I have it saved in case anyone is a masochist or something. Are there any glaring fundamental problems you can see? How receptive would your character to be to this story? (Not asked out of anything other than curiosity, I don't expect to change Zark again regardless.)

EDIT: Also, I realize that this character concept is a bit too close for comfort in many ways to Sherezad's fascinatingly original character story. I tried to distinguish myself as much as possible, and I hope I succeeded to a large extent, but yeah we're both playing heavily implanted characters and I'm sorry that isn't more unique. I hope you all will take into account the fact that this has been a sort of unusually circuitous process for me development-wise, and that a desire to still make Zark work is more responsible than any thoughts of plagiarism. Scherezad is great at doing her thing and I hope I can make Zark sufficiently distinct.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2013, 00:55 by Z-ARK »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2013, 09:45 »

I'm no expert on cyber-lore, but I see no "canonical" or other problems. My char would likely think you might be some DUST prototype.
-OOChé

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2013, 13:33 »

This works quite well...

It's certainly a little bit 'robocop' but in and of itself that's not a bad thing at all.

all in all it's a very well designed reboot, not a retcon, more of an awakening.

Kudos.