EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Corporation and Alliance Development

Recruitment Methods

(1/3) > >>

orange:
It seems most corporations operate a "wide-net" kind of recruitment.  We post corporate descriptions, recruitment ads, and provide public channels to get to know people.  This also means we generally wait for people to come to us.

The "wide-net" approach means a larger audience sees your ad and we do not waste efforts on those entirely uninterested.

Does anyone practice "head-hunting" methods of recruitment.  "Head-hunting" would mean going out and looking for characters/players who are interested in similar activities to the corporation and have the skill sets you are looking for.

The "head-hunting" approach results in a much smaller audience being approached, but when someone does join, you already know they meet your needs as a corp.

A combination of both is likely best, one in which those who are attracted to the corporation can approach it and those players/characters the corporation is interested in recruiting can be sought after.

Thoughts?

Esna Pitoojee:
Another option, and one that I think is rather commonly used, is the "friend net" method of recruiting, which is a sort of derivation of both wide net and headhunting.

In the "friend net" system, you start with a core group of people who already know each other, who each in turn invite a friend they trust. It's important to note here that the person might not be trusted in the beginning - for instance, my first CEO and I had chatted in local in a system we both ratted in for some time (I was still in the Imperial Academy). One day, he managed to get my normally extremely cautious self tackled in a belt; I was in a harbinger and he was in a hurricane. He beat me into hull and then said that no, he was not a pirate, but felt that from the talks we had and the fight I put up in the belt that I had potential as a good pvper. He then invited me to his corp.

In this case, there is initially a "wide net" approach in that anyone can approach you and ask to join. However, you require them to go through a process - either a waiting period or series of tests or trials, or even both - that converts the process into something much more resembling the head hunting approach.

Nakatre Read:
I'm basically doing those two kinds of recruitment. The "wide-net" approach and the Headhunting. So far I have to say that the headhunting is slightly more difficult. Because when you find a person that will suit the corporation, chances are also higher that said person is already in a corporation, or not looking to join one.

Both approaches work well when combined, but I still think the wide-net approach has actually more success. But while headhunting may prove to be a lot of effort for little to no result, you're still putting your name out there when you talk to people, potentially putting yourself in the back of their minds just in case they end up in the situation where they are looking for a new corporation.

Casiella:
It also means that, even if the person you've tried to recruit decides to stay in their current home, he may well refer others to you if he thinks they would fit. And those referrals can be gold.

Arnulf Ogunkoya:
Of course every time you recruit someone you are taking a risk.

What do people do to limit exposure to infiltrators and corp thieves?

Or is that propietary knowledge?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version